Feeling The Energy Of The Cards

Barleywine

Yes, seeing as Hermetic teaching and many Asian philosophies say that chance does not exist so maybe you are right. It's very interesting. According to Hermetic belief every action has a cause ad infinitum so even supposedly drawing a random card from a fan, can depend on things such as; the shape of the fan, how tired you are, what the light is like and infinite other (unknown) possibilities

Yes, as long as you get meaningful results it doesn't seem to matter. Whether or not it's repeatable for the same question is another story. But my experience has been that any two competent readers can get substantially the same answer from different cards, so "universal wisdom" would seem to be a pervasive phenomenon for those able to tap into it.

Grizabella

Is it too early in the day for humor (or even humour)? I had a wicked vision of the "Bionic Tarot Lady" with her deck strapped on, holding that one "hot" toe over her cards and really getting "zoomed" into the ozone of psychic sensitivity.

LOL maybe that toe is worth something after all. :)

But if everything is vibrating energy that includes the cards, the colours, the energy you impart when you handle them, the smells and the sound when you move them,plus any unknown energy and being that 2 things cannot be exactly the same as they cannot occupy the same space therefore cannot vibrate at the same frequency, it follows that every card will have its own vibrational signature, that could be sensed .

All matter is energy. With solid objects like rocks, the atoms are moving so slowly that we can't see it.

However, I disagree that two objects can't occupy the same space at the same time. If you eat a carrot, then you and the carrot are occupying the same space.

Alissa

I tried to do that (choose cards by feeling their energy) for years, and the results were at the level of chance. Now I just shuffle and split the deck, or deal off the top.

ETA: Alissa, I just realized you were here! I am delighted to see you! :*

Aw shucks Astraea!! So happy to see you here still also! :livelong: lol

I also shuffle (and spin), then split the deck, and deal the card I'm looking at. It's just what works for me. :)

Edward Tarot Hands

However said:
Hhaha yes carrots are great, fantastic colour. But no if you eat one you are not sharing the same space. The carrot is occupying spaces in your body where you are not. This is a law of physics.
You and the carrot may become symbiotic though..

violetdaisy

Carrots?

Isn't the whole digestive tract Outside of the body technically? I think I learned that at some point in my education. I wil have to think on the occupy same space at same time to see if I can find another example that would show if it is in fact possible.

As far as each card having it's own vibration - if that is the case then the same card from the same deck for two different printings from the same "batch" (say of 500 copies or something) should still feel different from each other. Is anyone really that sensitive?

Barleywine

Hhaha yes carrots are great, fantastic colour. But no if you eat one you are not sharing the same space. The carrot is occupying spaces in your body where you are not. This is a law of physics.
You and the carrot may become symbiotic though..

Just don't eat a carrot with the roots still attached (regardless of what the New Age foodies might tell you about the health benefits)! <shudders at the thought of a carrot taking up permanent residence in his gut>

But maybe tarot cards will eventually come with micro-chips that transmit mood-stimulating vibrations that will let us feel their "essence" by touch. (Hmm, might be a marketing opportunity there . . .) Just as long as the old movie concept of "Smell-o-Vision" doesn't make a comeback! :)

Edward Tarot Hands

As far as each card having it's own vibration - if that is the case then the same card from the same deck for two different printings from the same "batch" (say of 500 copies or something) should still feel different from each other. Is anyone really that sensitive?

I think we'd be surprised at what some people are capable of after self discipline
and training

Edward Tarot Hands

Just as long as the old movie concept of "Smell-o-Vision" doesn't make a comeback! :)
Hhahahaha: What would your cards smell like or what would you want them to smell like. We could choose a seperate smell for each card, bring an extra dimension into card meanings!!

Barleywine

Hhahahaha: What would your cards smell like or what would you want them to smell like. We could choose a seperate smell for each card, bring an extra dimension into card meanings!!

Yes, and then Griz would have to put her nose to work along with her toe. Now I'm going to have to work up a whole list of correspondences based on suggested aromas, possibly based on the Golden Dawn "perfumes." I have only myself to blame. But I think the deck production costs would be prohibitive unless they sell little spray bottles of "dry scent" to refresh the cards as a way to recoup costs.