Odd question...probably.

SunChariot

So I have read tarot off and on for...20+ years (is that right? seems impossible since I'm only 25 ;) ) and I have noticed a strange phenomenon. When I start reading tarot with some frequency, there is always a shift in my atmosphere. Things start going bump in the night, my third eye goes into overdrive, spirits start to appear and try to communicate with me, my youngest son starts to report "people" hanging around (he's a sensitive of some sort), etc.

But none of this happens when I just read oracles or hang with my crystal ball. Any thoughts on why tarot would open this up but not other forms of divination? Anyone else experience this?

I love tarot but I do get overwhelmed with the energies that seem to be drawn in when I use them so I end up shelving them for months, or even years at a time.

Thoughts?

I can't tell you that for sure as my experience was different. The deck that opened that up for me was an Oracle. It was the Faeries' Oracle by Brian Froud. Soon after I started it, all kinds of things started happening, I sense faeries through all my senses, started getting more and more signs in my life, yep 3rd eye opening more kind of things.

It honestly scared me at first when all my clairs started opening up...as it was not part of my belief system that this was possible. But after talking to many other readers I came to actually understand what it was. And it has always been something beautiful in my life since I could see it for what it actually was.

After this had started happened with that deck, it continued with other decks, but for me it was an Oracle that started it.

My guess on why it's Tarots for you and Oracles for me is that the deck(s) that bring that out in us are the ones with which our intuition connects most. The decks where we have to really go deep inside to connect to them. The ones that really pull that out of us, it's like the flick a switch inside us and things start to turn on more and more.

Babs

Maru

It's possible with the Tarot, you are somehow performing energy work (i.e. work on your spirit) which is getting in deeper than your other methods. That would be enough for the spirit to open up in order for it to connect in and do work on itself that in other states it can't do. Certain levels of energy work can then cause certain gates to open--usually temporarily--as pulling in more energy to this level is necessary for the work to open/close.

Opening up itself is not harmful, but it's effects in general can be mitigated if proper care is taken and a strong intent is in place prior to the reading. However, you may want to consider that this is actually a side effect to something incredibly beneficial. It doesn't mean read Tarot until you feel like your life is now a rave party. It just may mean there's natural healing processing going on underneath that are being channeled, even in this "closed" state, are constantly happening and as such this work needs to be channeled in a more efficient manner. It's a good sign that you have abundant energy and that your spirit is trying to make use of these energies... but some work can't move through unless bigger gates are accessed. It may be that you are placing more intent with Tarot that you don't do with your other divination methods. As such, your subconscious desire to "start" this work may trigger the block/energy work that is still waiting to be processed and thus you get a sudden opening/invitation of psychic energy.

The other possibility, if you use Tarot primarily to read others and not the other methods, it may be the simple act of you reading others opening you up. This is common, especially if the querents are psychic/open themselves.

A solution could be to schedule third eye exercises to open just enough for the work to pass through, once a month. About 2-3 days before and after these exercises, make a conscious effort to NOT do readings of any kind. That will allow the spirit to perform it's duty and it will know there is a time and place for this work to occur. You won't be opened up nearly as much as what happens when you read Tarot, but it also helps you to tune better into the other energy cycles going on in terms of your spirit, whether it be self-healing, conflict resolution, getting rid of unnecessary baggage, etc.

EmpressArwen

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Really good information. I wish I had time to reply to each individually. I do think it's possible that it's an expectation of mine that tarot is different, as Nisaba stated. It does *feel* different to me, always has. Hmmm...going to think of this one.

I really need to look into that Zero Balancing thing. It sounds REALLY interesting.

As far as intuition, I don't know. I love my oracles and feel that my intuition really sings when using them but maybe I'm using it in a different way with tarot. Hmmm...more to think on.

Alta - very interesting that it happens when using iching! That is something I've never used, I wonder what would happen if I tried it.

Maru - interesting that you mention the 3rd eye. I can pinpoint the time when things started really kicking into high gear after what I experienced what I believe was Kundalini rising. It was such a shock and overwhelming. I think I was not really ready for all that happened with that and maybe I rushed the process?

Thank you again all!

Maru

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Really good information. I wish I had time to reply to each individually. I do think it's possible that it's an expectation of mine that tarot is different, as Nisaba stated. It does *feel* different to me, always has. Hmmm...going to think of this one.

I really need to look into that Zero Balancing thing. It sounds REALLY interesting.

As far as intuition, I don't know. I love my oracles and feel that my intuition really sings when using them but maybe I'm using it in a different way with tarot. Hmmm...more to think on.

Alta - very interesting that it happens when using iching! That is something I've never used, I wonder what would happen if I tried it.

Maru - interesting that you mention the 3rd eye. I can pinpoint the time when things started really kicking into high gear after what I experienced what I believe was Kundalini rising. It was such a shock and overwhelming. I think I was not really ready for all that happened with that and maybe I rushed the process?

Thank you again all!

If it was truly a spike in kundalini, then yes.