What if you discovered your favourite deck was painted by a Trump supporter?

earthair

(Question for people who didn't vote Trump.) If you found that your main reading deck was painted by someone who voted for Trump, would you still be able to read with it or would the knowledge of the deck creator's political leanings sour the deck?

Would you feel that by buying the deck you were supporting Trump via his supporters in a round about way?

I know some people can't read with Thoth because they don't like some of the things Crowley did.

For me it's all about ethical buying, as far as possible.

Beancrew49

(Question for people who didn't vote Trump.) If you found that your main reading deck was painted by someone who voted for Trump, would you still be able to read with it or would the knowledge of the deck creator's political leanings sour the deck?

Would you feel that by buying the deck you were supporting Trump via his supporters in a round about way?

I know some people can't read with Thoth because they don't like some of the things Crowley did.

For me it's all about ethical buying, as far as possible.

I find it odd that so many people are put off by the hatred exhibited by Trump, yet they respond with...hatred. There is no duality. Trump represents negative aspects of our collective society being reflected back to us which needs to be healed, not hated. You don't grow by putting people in boxes because you are also putting yourself in a box.

AJ

wouldn't bother me a bit.

Metafizzypop

If you found that your main reading deck was painted by someone who voted for Trump, would you still be able to read with it or would the knowledge of the deck creator's political leanings sour the deck?

Whether it was my main reading deck or any other deck, I would still be able to read with it. If I liked the art, I would use the deck. I just wouldn't expect the readings to be that great. I would expect them to be obtuse, insensitive, kinda dumb, and just generally missing the point of my question.

My apologies to the Trump supporters.

earthair

I find it odd that so many people are put off by the hatred exhibited by Trump, yet they respond with...hatred. There is no duality. Trump represents negative aspects of our collective society being reflected back to us which needs to be healed, not hated. You don't grow by putting people in boxes because you are also putting yourself in a box.

How is refusing to condone Trump supporters by not buying their Tarot wares an act of hatred? I think it would be an act of enabling to continue to buy tarot books/decks from people who support Trump, and personally I won't fund people who support his views on women, LGBT, muslims, the environment and everyone else he's insulted.
The energy of a deck would be coming from someone who condones misogyny, which would totally ruin readings for me.

Farzon

Well, I don't like Trump bit I think everyone has a right to have an opinion of their own. They would have their reasons to support him. And that I don't agree with their political opinion doesn't mean I can't agree with them on other topics. I could even like them depending on their personality!

Let's not forget that good old uncle Aleister had his sympathy for the Nazis... (Although he would have been on their list as well.) I still appreciate what he has achieved in occultism, no matter what complicated person he might have been.

I only had a problem if the deck itself would incorporate political or social ideas I despise... if it would be founded on a world view of suppression and racism for example.

Beancrew49

How is refusing to condone Trump supporters by not buying their Tarot wares an act of hatred? I think it would be an act of enabling to continue to buy tarot books/decks from people who support Trump, and personally I won't fund people who support his views on women, LGBT, muslims, the environment and everyone else he's insulted.
The energy of a deck would be coming from someone who condones misogyny, which would totally ruin readings for me.

Whatever you fight against/resist enters into your reality. By focusing on Trump and his negative ideals you are simply accepting them into your sphere of consciousness and they become a part of your life.

What you focus on, grows. By focusing on your hatred of a particular man you are inviting hatred into your realm of reality and it has no choice but to grow and manifest into untold parts of your life, most notably your health.

If you want to "fight" Trump then ignore him completely. Focus on helping all people of this world gain equality, and on improving the environment. That is how you cancel out his negative vibrations, not by adding to them, which is exactly what he wants.

Papa Tango

....personally I won't fund people who support his views on women, LGBT, muslims, the environment and everyone else he's insulted.

I think it's a bit more complex than this--and maybe painting someone with an overly broad brush. There are many that voted for Trump as being what they believed was the lesser or two evils--or chose to ignore the bad behavior in exchange for a promise that he would make things "better" for ordinary, working class Americans.

It is a hasty generalization to include all supporters as those who "support his views" across the spectrum. I am sure that we all--as I have--friends who are perfectly decent people until confronted with their political or religious views. If they are not obnoxious and evangelizing one or the other--they too are equally entitled to their opinions as what you, I, or anyone else in this venue or general society are free to hold. :cool2:

Depending on one's own tolerance levels and prejudices--your mileage may vary with that...

earthair

Whatever you fight against/resist enters into your reality. By focusing on Trump and his negative ideals you are simply accepting them into your sphere of consciousness and they become a part of your life.

What you focus on, grows. By focusing on your hatred of a particular man you are inviting hatred into your realm of reality and it has no choice but to grow and manifest into untold parts of your life, most notably your health.

If you want to "fight" Trump then ignore him completely. Focus on helping all people of this world gain equality, and on improving the environment. That is how you cancel out his negative vibrations, not by adding to them, which is exactly what he wants.

Hmmmm there you go again. I have never said I hate Trump. I never said I want to 'fight' Trump. I just want to stay as far away from him and his supporters as possible, and I certainly don't want to use decks made by people of a mindset to vote for Trump... a plan which ironically is what you're suggesting I do. :grin:

Barleywine

It wouldn't bother me if Trump painted it himself. I keep my politics and my tarot separate, except when I'm using the latter to try explaining the former.