Troubled by Royal cards

Princess Blue

Help Please...

I have been reading for myself for about a year and have just started to try and expand myself to reading for others- I have a friend who is currently seeing two men, and I did a relationship spread for both of them. Both times the end result position came up Queens(Cups for one, Swords the other) ...I get so worried about deciding what the tarot is trying to say when a bunch of royal cards come up in a reading! At this point I decided that they meant the outcome is not to be known at this time or that there is too much free will at play at the time to know. How do others new to reading the cards decide what the royal cards mean in general and specifically in an end results position? I have learned that in some cases they can represent specific people or qualities of the person I am reading for, but in this relationship spread I am just at a loss as to how to read them.

Thank you for any help offered

star-lover

i'm not too good with court cards let alone as an outcome

maybe these cards in that position mean the outcomes depends on how she acts?

she will go with her feelings (q cups)or with her mind (q of swords)

one man/relationship may make her open up emotionally, the other may make her use her sharp mind and intellect more

or

maybe she doesn't know how to be for the best whoever she is with - open and vulnerable or self protective and with her wits about her - so it sounds as if its up to her and the problem is about how she relates in general - sh ould she go with her heart or her head

just my 2p

Princess Blue

Thanks for the reply Star-lover! We both saw the outcome the same, but at the time I was hesitant to tell her that as I didn't trust my gut reaction to the cards, it seemed too obvious and I felt like I must have been missing something. Of course she wants to follow her heart and persue the relationship with the man who came up with the Queen of Cups and was hoping that I could tell her he wants the relationship as much as she does...my feelings on that were - I'm just starting to figure out the cards, don't even ask me to try and figure out men at the same time! (giggle)

star-lover

hmmmmmmmm no problem
sometimes we get a *dud* conclusion or confusing one in the outcome which to me means you are not ready yet or you can't get an answer just now

in these cases in my personal experience it means the querent has to do more work on themselves instead of expecting a cut and dry answer or they are asking the wrong questions

like she has to work it out for herself

they say god helps those that help themselves

in a way its empowering because it teaches the seeker to draw on their own reserves and get more decisive/strong - and make their decision - then once that is done the cards tend to be clearer next time

hope that makes sense

tarotbear

There is a school of thought that says that when you get a Court card as the 'final outcome' card, that the card is not THE outcome but rather the person who will BRING ABOUT the outcome.

{It can also indicate that YOU will have to engender some aspect of this Court card personality to bring about this outcome; for example The Queen Swords may mean you have to be able to make split-second character judgements, or the Page Cups meaning you have to release your imagination more.}

What you are supposed to do is take that card and place it in the middle of the table and use it as a 'Significator' card, and do another reading asking who this person is (if you don't know) and how they will help bring about the outcome. Hopefully, in this reading, you will also get an inkling as to what the 'final outcome' will be, also.

Welcome to the Court Cards! There are many threads discussing them and they can be a real bitch!

star-lover

tarotbear said:
There is a school of thought that says that when you get a Court card as the 'final outcome' card, that the card is not THE outcome but rather the person who will BRING ABOUT the outcome.

{It can also indicate that YOU will have to engender some aspect of this Court card personality to bring about this outcome; for example The Queen Swords may mean you have to be able to make split-second character judgements, or the Page Cups meaning you have to release your imagination more.}

What you are supposed to do is take that card and place it in the middle of the table and use it as a 'Significator' card, and do another reading asking who this person is (if you don't know) and how they will help bring about the outcome. Hopefully, in this reading, you will also get an inkling as to what the 'final outcome' will be, also.

Welcome to the Court Cards! There are many threads discussing them and they can be a real bitch!

or bas$$ard lol

Lurea

tarotbear said:

{It can also indicate that YOU will have to engender some aspect of this Court card personality to bring about this outcome;

This is new to me! Wow, it really makes sense, though! Thanks for posting that, I'm putting it in my journal. :)

Princess Blue

Thank you TarotBear - WONDERFUL insight!!! I will not soon forget it. Do you think it would be too late to do another reading based on the first one using the QC as the significator as you suggested? If so - should I recreate the first spread and then use a simple three card spread? What would you suggest?

tarotbear

Princess Blue said:
Do you think it would be too late to do another reading based on the first one using the QC as the significator as you suggested? If so - should I recreate the first spread and then use a simple three card spread? What would you suggest?

I don't think it's 'too late', because using the Court card as a significator, you have to reshuffle the cards and ask another question to begin with; so recreating the first spread may not be necessary, unless you want to journal it and reflect on it before you delve into that Court card.

Will three cards be enough to answer the question? Particularly if it turns out to be someone you have not met yet? Without getting too overdone, the first thing you might want to do is ask the cards if this person is someone you know - and if it is - who they are. If it turns out to be someone you don't know the next question should be 'And how will I know them when I meet them?'

Then I would ask a three-card question, #1 being the situation, 2) the advice you need to know, and 3) what can you expect in the near-future.

BrightEye

tarotbear's suggestions sound really good. Try them.

But star-lover's first answer also makes perfect sense to me. It's hard to say really without knowing the other cards, but if your friend asked what she should do, I think the two queens mean 'follow your heart' or 'be open and loving' (cups) and 'be on your guard', 'do what your head tells you' (swords). The Queen of Swords can also stand for sorrow, someone who has gone through a period of grief and has learnt to live with it. In any case, she is someone who relies on herself and may often be regarded as a loner for that reason. There is a book on the court cards which was suggested to me some time ago. It's called 'Understanding the Tarot Court', I forget the author, but you should be able to find it somewhere on AT.