What is a Tarot "Grandmaster"?

sweet_intuition

Out of no disrespect to anyone.... Personally, I feel titles like Tarot Grandmaster, make a person seem like some D&D obsessed thirty-year-old, living in his parent's basements, with loads of starwars/trek memorabilia.

Alissa

Makes me think of rapper's names...

"Check me! I'm the GrandMaster T!

The T stands for Tarot, cuz I'm straight as an arrow; I'll go chasing sparrows while tripping in my wheelbarrow...."

(I never said I could rap.... damn good thing I never went into hiphop.... probably embarrass myself). :)

Some folks like alphabet soup after their name. Some people like to see alphabet soup after other people's names.

Alphabet soups help us to categorize and therefore act as an easy (if not necessarily truthful) label. Once we've got our label (She's a grandmaster!) the ego may or may not be sated, while others admire the pretty box we built to put ourselves inside, all for their viewing pleasure.

starrystarrynight

I hate getting into "political" discussions like this, but I'm going to anyway. :)

I think that titles or alphabets after one's name can help that person to attract first-time clients. But, with something as subjective as reading tarot, if you don't wow the person with your reading, they ain't coming back for a second.

If you are trying to build a business or clientele, the gravy is in the repeat clients because you don't have to spend time wooing, explaining, and wowing them the second time they sit down with you for a reading. You can get right down to business because they trust you. Saves time, and time is money.

So, you can be a Grandmaster or a Mighty WhooHaw. But the title won't necessily translate to growing your business if you can't back it up with good work. I prefer repeat clients, myself.

Mesara

sweet_intuition said:
Out of no disrespect to anyone.... Personally, I feel titles like Tarot Grandmaster, make a person seem like some D&D obsessed thirty-year-old, living in his parent's basements, with loads of starwars/trek memorabilia.

lol- That's exactly the image that popped into my mind as well :)

Major Tom

I'm a Tarot Grandmaster as certified by the British Retrospective Association of Tarot (BRAT)

I don't mean to offend here but that's complete bollocks...yada yada yada.

I read tarot for a living and I don't need to call myself a 'Grandmaster'.

I call myself 'The Leading Tarot Professional in East Anglia' instead. :p

Let's just let folks call themselves what they're comfortable with and works for them in attracting clients. It's completely meaningless after all.

We can always take the mickey out of them mercilessly if they take themselves too seriously. ;)

Elven

helvetica said:
"and now, ladies and gentlemen, I, the Great Gobbini, Grandmaster of this Circus, present to you for the first time ever in this country, the death-defying Luisa in her tiger-hugging act!"

ROFLMAO!!!

Fulgour

Tarot Certification Board of America
Certified Tarot Grandmasters
http://www.tarotcertification.org/members.html

Kai Kalervo Aaltonen
Arnell Ando
Geraldine Amaral
Ruth Ann Amberstone
Wald Amberstone
Rita Baker
Mari G. Blaine
Chic Cicero
Tabitha Cicero
Rev. Heyde Class
Norma Cowie
Eileen Croutch
Allan Curthoys
Lon Milo DuQuette
Louise Fimlaid
Bella Lori Gagnon
Mari Geasair
Alexandra Genetti
Christopher Gibson
John Gilbert
John Michael Greer
Mary Greer
George Heisler
Michele Jackson
Suzie Jin Kali
Donald Michael Kraig
Judith Lethbridge
Errol Holt McLendon
Vickie Noble
T.L. Orcutt
Rachel Pollack
Deni Richter
Carol Jean Rose
Donna Ruiseco
Marlene Skilken
Dr. Sandra Thomson
Kevin Townley
Ken Triplett
Diane Wilkes

Canadian Tarot Network
Certified Tarot Grandmasters (CTGM)
http://www.tarotcanada.com/certified.html

DenElder (1997)
Norma Cowie (1997)
Eileen Croutch (2000)
Bella Lori Gagnon (2000)
Stella Bennett (2002)
Arielle Smith (2002)
Sandra Thomson (2002)
Kathleen Meadows (2003)
Valerie Sim (2003)
Lynn Lueding (2004)

baba-prague

Helvetica said:
"Add some tarot cards, and you get: "I, the Great Gobbini, Tarot Grandmaster, present to you for the first time ever in this country, the fate-defying Luisa and her Tarot reading for tigers act!"

And why not? ;)

Now personally, I would pay good money to see that. Ever thought of going into show-business Helvetica?

Gayla

Mesara said:
lol- That's exactly the image that popped into my mind as well :)

For some reason the words 'TAROT GRANDMASTER' makes me think about a photo of what looks like a very young A. Crowley in him ritual garb..

Now it that's a "TAROT GRANDMASTER' if I ever saw one...:) hee hee.

Attachments

• egc_aleister_crowley.jpg
    egc_aleister_crowley.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 125

sweet_intuition

Gayla said:
For some reason the words 'TAROT GRANDMASTER' makes me think about a photo of what looks like a very young A. Crowley in him ritual garb..

Now it that's a "TAROT GRANDMASTER' if I ever saw one...:) hee hee.

It reminded me of Tim Curry in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, in the song Sweet Transvestite