Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

What is a Tarot "Grandmaster"?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 

For some reason, to say one has reached the status of "grandmaster" conjures up the idea that they've reached the place where nothing else is left to be learned. They've reached the ultimate pinnacle of knowledge about tarot and there's nothing else beyond that. I don't believe that's anything that can be achieved in one's lifetime. I think even the people on the list would say that there will always be more to be learned about tarot. For that reason, I'd be embarrassed to be given the title, to be perfectly honest. Mind you, I'm in no imminent danger of being elected to such a title-----ahem!

Not to take away any of the respect due to those on the list who have been given the title, because without doubt, they've earned a great deal of respect for their work.
Top   #41
Citizen

Sweet Irish Angel 
Smile Hey

can I have a wee title please hehe
Top   #42
Citizen

Netzach 

The title Grand Master in this context makes me laugh. It makes me think of chess Grand Masters and I have this picture of two tarot Grand Masters sitting down opposite each other to challenge each other to a Reading.

All round the room, the people fall silent and Grand Master A ponders his cards and makes his first move . . .

"Eight of Pentacles to Queen of Swords 7."

The game has begun.
Top   #43
Citizen

Sophie 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netzach
The game has begun.
And eight months later, some bright spark wakes up the snoring room, with a question:

"so, who's going to win the Grand National then?"

Top   #44
Citizen

euripides 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netzach
The title Grand Master in this context makes me laugh. It makes me think of chess Grand Masters and I have this picture of two tarot Grand Masters sitting down opposite each other to challenge each other to a Reading.

All round the room, the people fall silent and Grand Master A ponders his cards and makes his first move . . .

"Eight of Pentacles to Queen of Swords 7."

The game has begun.
*chortle* oh that's so funny....
Top   #45
Citizen

euripides 

DH was just at a meeting where they were talking about standards in the outdoor education sector, and some official research group who get paid large amounts to do so, came up with statistics about how much admin time versus field time their trainers do. The thing is, these stats were on -respondents- to some email and they included -single' responses in one field (horseriding instructors if I rememer rightly) and stats based on ten responses in another (out of the entire national industry.) TEN responses. Like, in a university, you'd be laughed at for calling that any kind of sample.

It makes you wonder about the quality of research that governments and industry make their decisions on.

Another argument against regulation.
Top   #46
Citizen

HearthCricket 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyric
For some reason, to say one has reached the status of "grandmaster" conjures up the idea that they've reached the place where nothing else is left to be learned. They've reached the ultimate pinnacle of knowledge about tarot and there's nothing else beyond that. I don't believe that's anything that can be achieved in one's lifetime.
I agree. Your comment makes a very good point. Grand+Master of any sort of society or club is usually the top and the farthest one can exceed and in this scenario it can be taken quite incorrectly, no matter how well meant it may have been in origins.
Top   #47
Intolerance intolerant

starrystarrynight 

The only thing I'm Grandmaster of is...my domain...

And, believe me, these days I'm really a grand master!
Top   #48
Frog

Lillie 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Irish Angel
can I have a wee title please hehe
OK.

I dub you 'The Grand Mistress of the Order of the Mystical Unicorn of Tara'

Hows that?
Top   #49
Citizen

Gayla 

Me too Lillie..please!! I want a grand mistress title....

Hey, me should suggest they change the 'citizen' and 'resident' titles on the forum to something really cool...like 'Grand Master/Mistress of the Reading Exchange Thread'...or 'Superior Posting General'...or "Master Thread Starter" heehee..that would be funny.
Top   #50

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.