Marseilles Seekers Thread (Fifth Exercise)

mosaica

EnriqueEnriquez said:
Now, any of these messages you are seeing in the cards would be something I will deliver to a client in a reading. You may call a ‘disadvantage’ of this method that the answers we get from the cards are right to the point: a feeling that we can turn into a sentence. There is no big story, just simple messages. This may be a little disconcerting when you are doing a reading for someone. You may feel you are saying too little. I feel these messages say what is needed to be said. Then, if there is a need to explore the issue at hand further, you draw three more cards, or you rephrase the question in even more specific terms, and you get a new message which reshape the precious one. Readings become very useful, very practical, this way.

EE, do you mean that you rephrase the question AFTER drawing the cards, and then reuse the same cards to answer the new question?

EnriqueEnriquez

mosaica said:
EE, do you mean that you rephrase the question AFTER drawing the cards, and then reuse the same cards to answer the new question?

Hey Mosaica.

No. You draw three new cards for each question, or each re-phrasing of the question.

In other words, three cards will provide an answer for a question, but that answer may elicit new questions, or a rephrasing of the original question. To answer any of that you draw three new cards.

In a reading, I could go through the whole deck, three/four cards at a time. Not very different from what we have been doing in this exercise.

Best,

EE

firecatpickles

Kilted Kat said:
I read right to left ;)

LA LVNE ~ III denier ~ neuf de denier

"Time and study, evenly divided, unveils a moonlit mystery."

Meaning: that listening to the subconscious is inevitably a result of the culmination of subliminal visual clues.

LE MONDE ~ L'ERMITE ~ FORCE

"No need to look up to the sky for meaning; look within yourself, in the present, to find meaning that is practical."

Meaning: that there are many, many things seen in these cards, and the challenge is to filter through to the things that lend importance to the reading.

I don't know why, but this exercise was a challenge for me. I feel like these were really crap.

EnriqueEnriquez

Kilted Kat said:
I don't know why, but this exercise was a challenge for me. I feel like these were really crap.

I think your exercises are good. Nothing to regret there. Perhaps the only detail is that, in these, the theme of the reading seems to be the reading itself. I bet you will feel a lot more focused by working with an specific issue in mind.

A good thing, if you feel a difficulty, is to try a little more. :)

Best,

EE

Satori

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
Subject- Boundaries
Action- Progress
Modifier- Tenderness

Don't use your bedroom for anything but sleep; allow time to slowly & quietly slow down your mind and do it with gentleness. Not the, "I GOT TO GET UP IN 6 HOURS" type of thinking I am want to do.

I found this reading practice over in the Oracles forum. Long ago I had started a Tarot game where you choose a card and answer a question with one sentence from the card. One card, one sentence.

It has evolved since then, and here is one of the variants. Three cards, one sentence per card, but with subject, action and modifier. Just an FYI.

I don't know what deck she was using, or what the question was....;)

Satori

This weekend I plan to do a review of everything we went over, and go through the deck, three cards at a time, and do Ex. 5 again. I want to see if using the larger cards will impact anything I'm seeing and feeling.

I did a reading for a nurse of my Dad's the other day. She had no question, so I asked what do you fear. The answer was:

9 Wands, Page of Coins, 2 of Coins, Ace of Coins

I kept looking at the coins, and I asked her if she had a son. Yes. Did he play soccer? Yes. I felt he loved the soccer, but that something was holding him back, the 9 batons looked like a wall, like he was coming up against a wall. But, that wall had held him in balance (the center wand), it had been something that was helpful, necessary.

So I asked her about this. She said he loved the soccer, but that he had been held back in school. She sent him to kindergarten when he was 4years old, and even tho he had turned 5 during the year, he needed to repeat the grade.

I explained to her that he was potentially harboring some feelings of sadness over being held back, feelings of separation and maybe loss. But that the soccer was what might be the thing to save him, and keep balanced.

She loved the reading, and was delighted to hear that she could talk to her son about his feelings around the kindergarten class experience.

mosaica

EnriqueEnriquez said:
... Three cards will provide an answer for a question, but that answer may elicit new questions, or a rephrasing of the original question. To answer any of that you draw three new cards.

In a reading, I could go through the whole deck, three/four cards at a time. Not very different from what we have been doing in this exercise.

I am such a slow (tarot) reader, it would take me hours to go through the whole deck with anyone, but that would be very interesting, in theory. In practice, it often takes me a long time to see a message in the cards -- time, solitude, and quiet. I find it distracting to have the person sitting there, waiting. Perhaps it will get easier over time!

EnriqueEnriquez

mosaica said:
I am such a slow (tarot) reader, it would take me hours to go through the whole deck with anyone, but that would be very interesting, in theory. In practice, it often takes me a long time to see a message in the cards -- time, solitude, and quiet. I find it distracting to have the person sitting there, waiting. Perhaps it will get easier over time!

Sure. It rarely happens that I have to go through the whole deck with one person. Usually, three from nine cards will suffice. Except when they come with a ‘battery’ of questions. :)

EE

EnriqueEnriquez

Satori said:
This weekend I plan to do a review of everything we went over, and go through the deck, three cards at a time, and do Ex. 5 again. I want to see if using the larger cards will impact anything I'm seeing and feeling.

I did a reading for a nurse of my Dad's the other day. She had no question, so I asked what do you fear. The answer was:

9 Wands, Page of Coins, 2 of Coins, Ace of Coins

I kept looking at the coins, and I asked her if she had a son. Yes. Did he play soccer? Yes. I felt he loved the soccer, but that something was holding him back, the 9 batons looked like a wall, like he was coming up against a wall. But, that wall had held him in balance (the center wand), it had been something that was helpful, necessary.

So I asked her about this. She said he loved the soccer, but that he had been held back in school. She sent him to kindergarten when he was 4years old, and even tho he had turned 5 during the year, he needed to repeat the grade.

I explained to her that he was potentially harboring some feelings of sadness over being held back, feelings of separation and maybe loss. But that the soccer was what might be the thing to save him, and keep balanced.

She loved the reading, and was delighted to hear that she could talk to her son about his feelings around the kindergarten class experience.

Satori, it pleases me very much that you are having such wonderful results. Thanks for sharing your reading with us!

Best,

EE