Crystal Study Group: Sodalite

wildchilde

well last night I really put my Sodalite to the test for its communication purposes and I am very happy with the results! I have been attracted to Sodalite for awhile but have not devoted any time to it until now. I had a fairly large tumble stone that I wire wrapped the other day so that I could wear it to a public planning commission meeting last night. (see pic below)

This may sound strange, but even though I make part of my living as a public speaker through my calling as a Celebrant, I do not like speaking in public on my own behalf. As a Celebrant I work from a carefully and lovingly crafted ceremonial "script" and the focus is on those being "celebrated" not on lil ol' me. So, the idea of getting up in front of our city officials in a room packed full of my neighbors and being broadcast live on public access television (which is watched in our area by a few people) was a bit intimidating and I was scared I would flub up or get a case of nerves or something.

However, there is a huge issue in our neighborhood about a giant apartment complex the city was about to approve that will literally be in my backyard (as this 2 story building will be 5 feet from my fence!), so this is an emotionally charged issue for me and affects me personally, as well as for our neighborhood. It does not help that the city sort of gives the impression that they were trying to sneak this past all of us by giving less than 2 weeks notice and blotching that notification horrendously. If we had not showed up and made the stink we did they surely would have approved the permit last night.

I didn't really have time to prepare a written speech so I decided to just make myself a few notes and "wing it" with the trusty help of my Sodalite pendant of course!! LOL As it turns out, all in all, things went very well and I was one of only a few people who did not read from a prepared statement. Eventhough I felt a bit nervous on the inside, and did forget to mention a few things I had hoped to because of the time limit, I hit the main highlights and my delivery was calm and my voice strong. I saw a bit of it that was rebroadcast and I did not give the appearance on camera of being nervous or "shaky" either so that was a relief to know.

The best part is that the main issue I brought up to the commission seems to be the tipping point that swayed them to put off approving the permit pending further study on the impact this complex will have on the area and the traffic. As Lotus said in another thread: Vindication! I definitely feel like the Sodalite helped me to stay calm and focused on the issues without getting too emotionally involved, as well as carrying through with this description from the crystal website: "this stone is excellent to accentuate the groups purpose and to better cement the actions and aims of the group."

Likely they will still end up approving the build in the future, but at least this has bought us a bit more time and maybe we can change somewhat the size of the plan so that it will not be so disruptive to our neighborhood.

I have also decided to wear the pendant a bit longer to see if I can get anything more out of it in the third-eye development department. ;) will check back in with any follow up on that.

Attachments

• WP_000155.jpg
    WP_000155.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 246

DownwardSpiral

Good for you wildchilde : )
I don't know of anyone who is totally comfortable getting up in front of an audience and especially on something that is emotionally charged as well. 5 feetaway is alot of noise. I'm assuming this is a large complex that they would consider traffic as well? Shame on the city for trying to pass it unnoticed.

I may have to take this with me to mediation : )

Padma

DS: take Haemetite too :)

Wild, that is awesome about your sodalite! I am glad you are enjoying it - I love that stone! It is so calming and focusing :) I thought you did a great job wire wrapping it too, it is lovely :)

Sounds like you gave a wonderful, focused and effective speach - even if you cannot stop the problem, at least you didn't just stand idly by...you worked hard to try and change the outcome. Yay you! Evil can only happen when good men stand idly by, as the saying somewhat goes...and hey, miracles can and do happen - something may happen at the last moment to ruin the project.

It sounds like you really love the Sodalite, and it loves you right back :laugh:

ETA: Just read this about Dumortierite, and as it assists in public speaking, thought it might interest you: http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/dumortierite.html
I know it's not Sodalite, but still on topic in regard to addressing others...

wildchilde

Good for you wildchilde : )
I don't know of anyone who is totally comfortable getting up in front of an audience and especially on something that is emotionally charged as well. 5 feetaway is alot of noise. I'm assuming this is a large complex that they would consider traffic as well? Shame on the city for trying to pass it unnoticed.

I may have to take this with me to mediation : )

Thanks DS. Yes, you would think the city would do some actual studies first before approving a development that will literally more than double the density of our entire block, will be built up over our homes so that all of their apartments will look directly down into our backyards, and oh btw is also directly across from an organic farming operation that they weren't concerned about impacting because the land is in an unincorporated part of the county rather than inside the city limits. I live here and I was astonished to learn from another speaker that if even ONE dog poops in the field the farmer has to remove everything in a five foot radius around it. This of course destroys the crops and the soil also has to be completely replaced. Can you imagine what will happen to this farm if all these idiots moving in to an apartment complex (probably sooner or later to be low income housing!) let their dogs and kids run wild in that ag area. (I lived here for awhile before I knew it was an actual farm and not just a big open field!)

Definitely take some calming/communication stones into your mediation! Keep in mind, I wasn't sure it was "working" until after the fact though. But in retrospect and based on the actions that were taken after the comments were made I do feel the sodalite was integral to me keeping my cool and being able to address the issues "off the cuff".

Lotus Padma said:
Wild, that is awesome about your sodalite! I am glad you are enjoying it - I love that stone! It is so calming and focusing I thought you did a great job wire wrapping it too, it is lovely

Sounds like you gave a wonderful, focused and effective speach - even if you cannot stop the problem, at least you didn't just stand idly by...you worked hard to try and change the outcome. Yay you! Evil can only happen when good men stand idly by, as the saying somewhat goes...and hey, miracles can and do happen - something may happen at the last moment to ruin the project.

It sounds like you really love the Sodalite, and it loves you right back

Yep, it's a love fest!! :D Thanks for the compliment on the wrap. It didn't come out "exactly" as I had hoped but it is a very odd shaped little guy and I was hoping to make it look sort of like a shell shape the way I hung it. The curly thingys on top didn't work exactly the way I had hoped but it is what it is. LOL This little bugger was tough to wrap so I will live with it :)

Yes, miracles happen. You just never know. And certainly we have to be proactive and speak out to attempt to create the future we wish to see. Perhaps I should attempt to speak to the Devic spirits too as this land has remained vacant for a long time...somehow even when permits to build are issued the land still doesn't get developed (this is like the fourth developer to attempt something here in the past 20 years). Hopefully the spirits of the land will continue to protect it and we won't have to deal with this monstrosity in our quiet little single family residential neighborhood.

wildchilde

ETA: Just read this about Dumortierite, and as it assists in public speaking, thought it might interest you: http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/dumortierite.html
I know it's not Sodalite, but still on topic in regard to addressing others...

I do love my Dumortierite! Someone gifted me a piece awhile back and I was absolutely taken by the beautiful deep color of this stone! I keep it in my healing room with my chakra set for the third eye position. For me, it has been more a connection with the spirit realm and being be able to communicate one on one with my reiki clients, etc. Also good for doing my journaling next to as I tend to have "break throughs" a lot with it near by. I wonder if it would be good to combine the two for the third eye work and/or speaking on behalf of myself in groups. will give that some thought. I did briefly consider it for the meeting last night, but it was made clear to me that the sodalite was the crystal to go with for that experience.

frac_ture

Congratulations, wildchilde, on getting up in the spotlight and taking your stand, that's awesome! Very cool that the Sodalite helped you, too! I have some of it in the form of a couple of tumblestones. I find it to be subtle and kind of soothing for me, but I haven't tried to use it in a comparable "public speaking" kind of situation, so I can't compare notes with you on that aspect of it.

(and hopefully not too off-topic, but I echo Lotus Padma's praise for Dumortierite, which I bought recently and for which I've already developed a very positive early feeling...)

Padma

Yes, miracles happen. You just never know. And certainly we have to be proactive and speak out to attempt to create the future we wish to see. Perhaps I should attempt to speak to the Devic spirits too as this land has remained vacant for a long time...somehow even when permits to build are issued the land still doesn't get developed (this is like the fourth developer to attempt something here in the past 20 years). Hopefully the spirits of the land will continue to protect it and we won't have to deal with this monstrosity in our quiet little single family residential neighborhood.

eeeeee....how horrifying....especially the bit about the noise and the organic farmer having to rip everything out around the dog poop spot ;p

Just an idea, and I don't know how it would work for you, but maybe you could go actually to the field with some crystals, and see if you can communicate with *any* spirit that dwells there? I mean, beyond the Devic ones...maybe a farmer used to own the land and you could try and commune with him/her...? Or the spirits of any natives or animals that may have been buried there? Maybe try laying or burying a piece of black tourmaline in the four corners of the field to help protect it?

These are all just suggestions, just trying to help however I can - I am certain you know your stuff, WildChilde :) I too want you to be able to enjoy your quiet neighborhood! And I shudder about the thought of the land being ripped open and apart...

ETA: I was just reading about Pink Dolomite, which is apparently a stone of small miracles, when logic has failed - my book says, hold the Dolomite over your navel, and focus on positive thoughts of relief and pleasure of seeing your goal attained, and it may soon happen...maybe you can try that...?

wildchilde

Just an idea, and I don't know how it would work for you, but maybe you could go actually to the field with some crystals, and see if you can communicate with *any* spirit that dwells there? I mean, beyond the Devic ones...maybe a farmer used to own the land and you could try and commune with him/her...? Or the spirits of any natives or animals that may have been buried there? Maybe try laying or burying a piece of black tourmaline in the four corners of the field to help protect it?

as they say: "great minds think alike"! I literally had the same thoughts last night as I was trying to fall asleep. So nice to know others are feeling the same thing! I even had a thought of crystal gridding the entire vacant area of land for protection. Will definitely be giving this same thought/prayer.

ETA: I was just reading about Pink Dolomite, which is apparently a stone of small miracles, when logic has failed - my book says, hold the Dolomite over your navel, and focus on positive thoughts of relief and pleasure of seeing your goal attained, and it may soon happen...maybe you can try that...?

hmmm...I will have to look into this. I am not familiar with Pink Dolomite. Thanks for the info, Lotus!!

Padma

as they say: "great minds think alike"! I literally had the same thoughts last night as I was trying to fall asleep. So nice to know others are feeling the same thing! I even had a thought of crystal gridding the entire vacant area of land for protection. Will definitely be giving this same thought/prayer.

hmmm...I will have to look into this. I am not familiar with Pink Dolomite. Thanks for the info, Lotus!!

ha! Well, I had the thought last night, about the spirits and the crystal grid...but posted my answer this morning. So we must have picked up on the same Universal Thought pattern, lol! :)

In regard to pink dolomite, I will be going to an area (mountain top) that is rife with it...I will pick some up and mail you some, if you wish. I don't know if it will be in time to help the field/your neighborhood/the earth, but I can still send you mountain-fresh, wild-caught, free-range dolomite! lol! :) (I live near the Rockies).

wildchilde

In regard to pink dolomite, I will be going to an area (mountain top) that is rife with it...I will pick some up and mail you some, if you wish. I don't know if it will be in time to help the field/your neighborhood/the earth, but I can still send you mountain-fresh, wild-caught, free-range dolomite! lol! :) (I live near the Rockies).

That is soooo kind of you, Lotus Padma! I would definitely be open to receiving some fresh, wild-caught, free-range dolomite!!! especially picked by your loving hands and heart! what a blessing! I have been reading different websites about it and it would be wonderful to have some. I am actually surprised I have not come across it before, or maybe I have and just did not know that was its name. Regardless, it is beautiful and the properties would be very helpful to me I think.

In regard to the Sodalite...I haven't yet had anything specific happen regarding 3rd eye but I have noticed that it has kept me calm in a few instances of extreme stress/aggravation last night and today.

I have also been having a lot of phone and computer interference and I can't figure out why because Sodalite is supposed to be good for those things, I thought. Anyone have any thoughts on this?