Rainbow Travellers Tarot

RainbowGypsy

I am so excited to be part of this incredible community!! I think one of the biggest blessings that continues to amaze me daily is the people that are coming into my life and heart connections I am making by sharing my tarot deck.

Perhaps it is surprising that I didn't expect this but I'm just so in awe of the caring and supportive people that are willing to reach out and help you along the way, cause trust me creating a tarot deck and then learning the ins and outs of self publishing is a huge learning experience. I'm still climbing this particular mountain and it is Exhilarating!

I started creating my own deck years ago and while working full time it was something I did when I was able to (I have fibromyalgia and so sometimes there just wasn't enough energy to much). I had these journals I would start.... I love journals and when a new one caught my eye I would begin again... then a year ago I collected all of them and realized that each time I started one it was with the same dreams... Leave my corporate job as a Training and Development professional and take that leap of faith. That was 7 months ago and I contracted with a local printer to do a limited edition run of 300 decks. This deck was such a labour of love I couldn't imagine not being able to see and work directly with printed proofs to be sure the colours would be true to the originals. I am thrilled with them and am so excited to share them and my journey with all of you.

I would love to hear from others sharing this amazing journey and will be reading more in this forum as soon as I post this. If you have any questions drop me a note here or send me a PM.

May your dreams come true as you follow your heart and creative dreams!!
Brightest Blessings
Carmen

Attachments

• xcardnbag.jpg
    xcardnbag.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 363

Sar

This sounds great!

GryffinSong

I love your enthusiasm, and look forward to seeing more images of your deck. :)

RainbowGypsy

Thanks

Thanks Star and GriffinSong

Here a few of the cards from the Major Arcana. It is so exciting to give them the freedom to be enjoyed by others.

Attachments

• 0traveller.jpg
    0traveller.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 282
  • 3theempress.jpg
    3theempress.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 7chariot.jpg
    7chariot.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 260

Sar

Latcjho!

(The norwegian travellers language (called rakripa) word for good).

RainbowGypsy

Thank you Sar or if I can trust google the Romanian translation for that would be mulțumesc

I do believe in a past life I was such a traveller :) When I was first drawn to create the card for the Chariot it was not a surprise to me that the gypsy caravan became a part of it. While there are those that may claim that history does not support the tale that gypsies brought the tarot to Europe from Egypt. I am still convinced that they are connected to the mystery and magic of divination and through the use of cards and other means have had the ability of foresight.

My Three of Wands has a lovely gypsy standing outside her tent ready to share the wisdom of intuition, connecting with spirit and receiving messages that will help the querent with questions they have in a particular situation. There are times when we need help seeing beyond the surface of a situation. Collaboration and asking for help is important and asking a gypsy, an intuitive, or tarot reader might be just what you need to do ;)

Attachments

• 3wands.jpg
    3wands.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 206

RainbowGypsy

My deck takes a slightly different approach in the artwork from some of the traditional archetypes in that:

The Hanged Man became Letting Go
Death became Death/Rebirth and is a Phoenix
The Devil is called The Shadows where so much can be hidden

I also only have one or two of the suit symbols in the cards as I wanted the artwork to be able to intuitively be read giving messages to the reader and querent if they were to place themselves in the card. For example

The Nine of Swords is all about the self doubt, anxiety, feat, guilt the kinds of things that can keep one up at night.

No matter what the challenge I see opportunities. I know that some of the most difficult things that have happened in my life have often been a turning point that took me to new places in the journey of my mind, body, heart and soul.

Blessings to all, and thanks so much for your comments.

Attachments

• 12lettinggo.jpg
    12lettinggo.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 13deathrebirth.jpg
    13deathrebirth.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 15theshadows.jpg
    15theshadows.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 9swords.jpg
    9swords.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 186

Penthasilia

Wow- you sold me with the Death/Rebirth and Shadow card. :D

What a great deck. Do you plan on announcing here the wheres/hows to buy it?

:)

ETA: Nevermind. :D I found your link in the advertisement section and promptly ordered. :heart:

RainbowGypsy

Thanks so much Penthasilia!! I am so excited to be sharing the deck and I love to hear what cards people connect with. I'm so glad you found the link on the advertisement forum

I'll add it here as well for anyone interested in seeing more of the cards or ordering the deck. It's still time to have delivered before Christmas and all shipments are air mail.

http://rainbowtravellers.com/2012/06/25/order-rainbow-travellers-tarot/

Attachments

• xthanks.jpg
    xthanks.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 160

Mageborn777

After watching the creation process for several months, and seeing new images posted for new cards, and falling in love with the eternal grace and innovative style of the art, I was lucky enough to be among the first to get a copy. If you'd like to read the review its posted here http://mageborn.wordpress.com/
I highly recommend this deck. When asked to pick a favorite card out of any deck, it's always easy as one will pop into my head. With the Rainbow Travellers, not so easy. I finally settled on the Chariot from my deep love of horses and my secret desire to live in a painted wagon.
Give yourself the Gift of New Knowledge....
This tarot deck is beyond amazing.
Pamela Steele
Steele Wizard Tarot