Naming A Tarot Deck

adanawtn

I like Boudoir Tarot as well. But someone else says that it's not right for this deck.

I'm starting to think that I'll just get pulled in fifteen different directions if I try to go with the survey idea.

Le Fanu

I think something on a theme of "intimacy". That's the vibe I get from this deck - not carnal, not passion, not sensual.

If you hadn't given any clues on what you wanted, I'd have suggested a name with the word "intimacy" in it. That's where it looks like it's coming from to me. Radiant Intimacy? Intimate Radiance?

With "Boudoir", I'd expect something more rococco or "Antoinette-ish"...

adanawtn

Maybe intimacy is something to think about.

I wonder if I should wait to name the deck until I've finished all of the cards, though. Or at least show more of the cards so that people can get a better idea of the deck's theme and feel.

Debra

I think that's a good idea. See where you end up with it.

Adana's Tarot sounds good ;)

adanawtn

I think that's a good idea. See where you end up with it.

Adana's Tarot sounds good ;)

You know, that is the third time that suggestion has come up. I think the Universe is trying to tell me something...

tarot heart

Nice deck with well done art! Good work! When I look at the images I think of things that are happening at night.

So how about "Tarot After Dark?" Then, you're not forcing the sensual or
carnal or any of that on anyone. They can come to their own conclusions about the images.

But "after dark" lets you know that it may be of an adult nature.

Good luck with your other plans too! How very exciting to be having your deck nearly published!! :)

adanawtn

Nice deck with well done art! Good work! When I look at the images I think of things that are happening at night.

So how about "Tarot After Dark?" Then, you're not forcing the sensual or
carnal or any of that on anyone. They can come to their own conclusions about the images.

But "after dark" lets you know that it may be of an adult nature.

Good luck with your other plans too! How very exciting to be having your deck nearly published!! :)

That is a very interesting concept... I like it. I never thought of naming it something that didn't fit the regular format of a tarot deck name, like "The Blankity Blank Tarot" or "Tarot of the Blankity Blank".

Plus, the "Tarot After Dark" idea reminds me of Showtime or Cinemax, when they show their adult programming. Or Adult Swim. I like that idea.

Thanks, Tarot Heart!

tarot heart

You are very welcome, glad you like it. ;)

ana luisa

Voted for Sensual Radiance but REALLY liked the suggestion for Adana's Tarot. I wouldn't use anything "carnal" because your deck deals with a more subtle sensuality, not raunchy, if you know what I mean. BTW, great deck and very funky vibes :thumbsup:

Chronata

Throwing my two cents in...(or is that sense?)

I like Sensual Radiance...and I like the suggestion that Tarot heart put forth...of Tarot After Dark...because it's memorable, and suggestive...as are your beautiful cards!

But I agree...wait until the cards are finished...and they will tell you what they want to be called. Trust me on this!