Court decision: Star

Ethereal

did a larger indepth spread for a friend regarding an upcoming court decision, regarding an estate case. (probate hearing). I am not sure how to read the star.

The decision: The judges written summary: The Star

the star is of hope and healing. also distance. could this mean that the decision will be made sometime in the future? that's all I can think of. anyone have any ideas on this?

nisaba

I'd suggest that they need to be hopeful that things will work out for the best regardless of the court's decision.

earthmama

I'd read it as a very positive sign that things will work in your favor!

Ethereal

Earthmama: i was just think.that..things look hopeful!
Thank you for helping!

Nisaba: so, basically all one can do is be hopeful?
Nothing definitive ? This part of question was
* the decision:.the judges written summary..star*
Just trying to understand. thanks for chiming in!

Ethereal

Also thinking that they will get what they want
but it will take time...in the future
Basically the judges decision will be favorable to them
but it will take time to get what is there's. it will not
happen overnight

Frater Benedict

I do not want to spoil any hopefulness here, but 'hope' is not the only divinatory meaning associated to The Star, and not the oldest. Etteilla's disciples gave the following meanings:

DESOLATION — Privation, Deprivation, Destitution, Abandonment, Test, Extract, Audit, Sorting Out, Separation, Plundering, Despoilment, Theft, Privation, Loss of Help.

Ethereal

frater benedict: ouch! never heard of that for the star! thanks so much for posting this. something else to look at.....

Frater Benedict

frater benedict: ouch! never heard of that for the star! thanks so much for posting this. something else to look at.....

It seems like the way The Star was interpreted in France and UK diverged at some point of time in the 19th century. UK went for 'hope' and France kept 'desolation'.

In Italy The Star seem to have signified 'a gift' in the 1750's (i.e. before Etteilla) and 'property' in the 1820's.

laurence

did a larger indepth spread for a friend regarding an upcoming court decision, regarding an estate case. (probate hearing). I am not sure how to read the star.

The decision: The judges written summary: The Star

the star is of hope and healing. also distance. could this mean that the decision will be made sometime in the future? that's all I can think of. anyone have any ideas on this?

Hi!
do you know when (more or less) the court decision will be finalised? Did they fix up a particular time frame?

In your spread, did you assign a position regarding oppositions, challenges or what is against the querent? you might be able to decipher the Star if you take in consideration the card in obstacles position.

danieljuk

if you are not sure what interpretation (positive / negative) applies in this position ethereal, look at the card image, what do you see? how do you feel?

The Star for me is not a definite good outcome in their favour, that would take it too simplistically, it's guidance on the issue. Like a star in a dark night sky, some people even follow the North Star when lost. I think the Judge's written summary will give hope (which is the meaning everyone associates with it) and guidance. It won't give an immediate positive decision and that 'distance' part of the card is that there maybe more in the court case, or more things to do but you can start following a bright star for guidance, perhaps there is a resolve in the future. There is also a part of this card about unexpected help. In the RWS version of the card, the naked woman refills the pool for people to quench their thirst but also gives water to the earth so that plants may also live. The summary will give you hope and put you on a path towards something in future but will take time though for it to be fully resolved :)