Highly repetitive quint !!! (Love)

tarot_quest

Hi :)

Since a month, I started to put more attention to quint. I was amazed yesterday because I did a love spread (how can I find love,...) and I looked at the quint for every row, column and diagonal

Here was my spread (like a square)

I started to see symmetrical pattern and the same quint reappearing! For example, for the columns: 1+4+7 = moon and 3+6+9= moon. For the diagonal, 1+5+9=Lovers and 3+5+7= Lovers

I will not mention everything to do not loose your interest guys, but the TOTAL quint for all the cards was the strength and the strength was again present for column 2+5+8 (I also think that the central card (5), the king of pent, represent my future partner)

One of the row gave me the hermit and this quint is so often reappearing for my love spread. (The hermit card itself often appear in my love reading)

Out of curiosity, I looked at the quint by ELEMENT:

Air cards quint= Lovers
earth card quint= hermit
fire quint- Fool
water quint= high priestess

so my questions are:

1) Did it happened that you look at pattern with cards (for fun) and you found out repetitive quint?

2) What does a recurrent hermit means as a quint for a love question (how to find love)? Does it means that we need more time to reflect and let things unfold?

3) And for a repetitive strength quint (same question about love), does it means that you have to gain back the control of the situation (how you feel, how you act,...?)

jenessa

A fellow canuck .. tho i'm guessing your "french"-canadian.

I always calculate the quint because I use it to test my interpretation, in the sense that I use the quint as a control card by checking to see whether its meaning supports or somehow ties-in with my interpretation.

I also find that considering the quint can help you narrow things down in the sense that the quints meaning might apply to one possible interpretation, whereas it's meaning would not apply to an alternative way of viewing the cards. So in instances when there could be a couple of ways to view the throw sometimes the quint can help you arrive at the correct interpretation.

my questions are:

1) Did it happened that you look at pattern with cards (for fun) and you found out repetitive quint?
No .. i've only ever calculated the quint based on the totality of the cards thrown. Or in otherwords, I only calculate one quint card for the entire reading.

However you mentioned that you:
I looked at the quint for every row, column and diagonal

Here was my spread (like a square)

I started to see symmetrical pattern and the same quint reappearing! For example, for the columns: 1+4+7 = moon and 3+6+9= moon. For the diagonal, 1+5+9=Lovers and 3+5+7= Lovers
Hmmn the re-occuring quints are noteworthy, tho i'm not sure why you used a quint for each column?

Keep in mind that the quintessential card is supposed to reflect the "essence" of the reading. So you might be confusing the issue by assigning quints to each row, as opposed to looking at the quint within the context of the big picture.

Tho having said that, perhaps your way of doing this might have relevance to a past/present/future spread with three cards per row. Leastways you could use a quint to describe the essence of each row .. ie. each point in time (past/present/& future).

Whatever, the art of intepretation has alot to do with establishing the proper context in which to read the cards.

& Speaking of context, you mentioned that:
I did a love spread (how can I find love,...)
Having said that, i'm wondering did you draw 9 cards for "advice" on how to find love? Or did the three columns have different positional meanings?

In any event we are not discussing the entire reading, tho to answer your questions it would be helpful to have a little more context.

Aside from which, IMO re-occuring cards are there to flag the readers attention. & Altho i've never used a spread like this, nor assigned more than one quint to a throw, I think the re-occuring quints are of interest within the context of this "square". Leastways the columns that form the perimeter of the square share a common quint {moon}, as do both of the diagonal columns that intersect with the outside perimeter {lovers}.

Furthermore you've also mentioned:
the TOTAL quint for all the cards was the strength and the strength was again present for column 2+5+8
So with that being said, the interior space of the square (center column) is also represented by a re-occuring quint {strength}. Not to mention that for all intents and purposes the square is now complete.

Or in otherwords, the three re-occuring cards form the square as follows: The Moon represents the "perimeter". The Lovers accounts for the "interior space" that intersects with the perimeter. & Strength represents the remaining "core of the interior".

Furthermore, and altho you've made mention of a couple of other quints, as these were NOT re-occuring, i feel they are not as important as those that re-occur.

In any event, i'd view Strength as the crux of the matter given that it is at the "core" of this reading. & You might also find it useful to view the three re-occuring cards in relation to one another, and otherwise explore the connection between the Moon, the Lovers & the card of Strength.

Or you could take advantage of the upcoming Lover`s Moon (in June), and otherwise take the bull by the horns {card of strength}.

Hmmn, keeping in mind that the Card of Strength can sometimes appear at a TIME when you have the ability to channel energy to effect change, I can`t help but wonder if there is an element of timing to this throw?

tarot_quest

A fellow canuck .. tho i'm guessing your "french"-canadian.
Lol yes I am ;) Thanks for showing an interest to this post, I understand that my post is not really conventional and there is a lot of information!

Hmmn the re-occuring quints are noteworthy, tho i'm not sure why you used a quint for each column?

I know, it is not a conventional thing to do, I just wanted to explore different way to look at quints and I was surprised by the results (with the symmetrical patterns). I usually only look at quints for rows but since my spread had the shape of a square, I was curious to look at every possibilities.

Keep in mind that the quintessential card is supposed to reflect the "essence" of the reading. So you might be confusing the issue by assigning quints to each row, as opposed to looking at the quint within the context of the big picture.
Yes, that is a possibility

& Speaking of context, you mentioned that:Having said that, i'm wondering did you draw 9 cards for "advice" on how to find love? Or did the three columns have different positional meanings?

ok... I drew 3 cards (1-2-3) and then another 3 cards (4-5-6) and another 3 cards (7-8-9). I usually don't draw so many cards but I wanted to get inspired with a more detailed story

In any event we are not discussing the entire reading, tho to answer your questions it would be helpful to have a little more context.

Here is the context, I am single since 3 years and I had a couple of dates that were not amazing. I still have somebody in mind since 2 years but he is living abroad and he is maybe still with his girlfriend right now (not entirely sure though). The question I ask was:'' What should I understand about love/what should I do to find love?''

here are the cards I pulled:

7 swords Rx/ star/ Rx high priestess
2 wands/ King of pent/ knight of wands
Rx hermit/ 8 wands/ 4 of pent

Or in otherwords, the three re-occuring cards form the square as follows: The Moon represents the "perimeter". The Lovers accounts for the "interior space" that intersects with the perimeter. & Strength represents the remaining "core of the interior".
Your interpretation is really interesting from of theoretical point of view but I don't know how to apply it for my personal life. I mean that I am struggling to put everything together and apply it to what I should do/what is my situation regarding love

Furthermore, and altho you've made mention of a couple of other quints, as these were NOT re-occuring, i feel they are not as important as those that re-occur.

Yes, maybe they are not. I just noticed that some quints keep reappearing in my love readings. I did a new spread 2 days ago and one of the quint was again the strength for a row and the total quint was the hermit (again!)...

In any event, i'd view Strength as the crux of the matter given that it is at the "core" of this reading. & You might also find it useful to view the three re-occuring cards in relation to one another, and otherwise explore the connection between the Moon, the Lovers & the card of Strength.

I will try to think about it, thanks for this perspective :)

Or you could take advantage of the upcoming Lover`s Moon (in June), and otherwise take the bull by the horns {card of strength}.

Really? There is a lover moon in June? Do you mean a moon in Gemini = lovers moon? How do you use this energy?

Hmmn, keeping in mind that the Card of Strength can sometimes appear at a TIME when you have the ability to channel energy to effect change, I can`t help but wonder if there is an element of timing to this throw?

for my second spread (that I did 2 days ago) I asked when my next serious partner was going to come and I got the death card (November)...

Thanks again for your inputs! I guess that I am not enough objective to see things clearly regarding my love life. Other people did readings for me about love questions and all came to the same conclusion: forget the past and what prevents you from finding love (meaning my own fears) and be more open.

Ok I am trying but it's like if some information was missing. I am trying since 2-3 years to do what they recommended me but I still don't find love, so that is why I tried to do some self reading

Have a nice day/evening! :)

jenessa

When I asked about the context of this throw, you mentioned that you:
drew 3 cards (1-2-3) and then another 3 cards (4-5-6) and another 3 cards (7-8-9). I usually don't draw so many cards but I wanted to get inspired with a more detailed story.

The question I ask was:'' What should I understand about love/what should I do to find love?''
You also posted all the cards drawn (1 thru 9), tho for your info. it's against the rules to discuss the reading in its entirety in this forum .. tho we are allowed to in the YRF (your readings forum).

In any event, as far as context goes what i'd been wondering was how you phrased the question, and whether you used positional meanings or not.

jenessa

To continue .. for some reason the post i was working on "sent" itself to the boards, tho i'm not done replying .. alas the marvels of modern technology escape me/LOL

It sounds like you did a "free form" reading .. ie. one with no positional meanings.

As far as your unconventional use of the quint goes, I was struck by the symmetry .. not to mention that it sparked my interest that you drew so many re-occuring cards.

Indeed from what you've penned, it seems that your experiencing alot of re-occuring cards. So for your info. here's a spread i use to clarify re-occuring cards.

Position 1: What influence does this card have on the querent?
Position 2: What are the strengths associated with this card &/or what are its positive effects?
Position 3: What are the weaknesses associated with this card &/or what are its negative effects?
Position 4: What is the overall meaning of the card for the querent?

Of course there are other positional meanings that can be used to explore re-occuring cards. For example:

Position 1. What is behind the attraction for this card?
-- or why does this card keep re-occuring.
-- or what is the secret of this card.
-- or what "issue" does this card address or relate to?
-- or what does this card need to: show me.

Position 2. What energies do you need to: draw on from this card?
-- or: Advice from this card
-- or: How do i use this card to it's greatest potential in dealing with the situation.

Position 3. What will flow from this card?
-- or: what do i face with this card.
-- or: what will I gain from understanding this card.

In any event, the four card spread I posted is the one that "works" for me. Tho as your asking about how to find love, you might want to lay a card to explore the energy you need to draw on, etc.

Really? There is a lover moon in June? Do you mean a moon in Gemini = lovers moon? How do you use this energy?
As i mentioned in my PM, i don't know the first thing about astrology/astronomy .. but for some reason the concept of a Lover's Moon which i'm familar with from "folklore" struck a chord with me re: the re-occuring quints. & As far as how to use this energy? .. this might be a good follow-up question to ask the cards. & IF you do a reading for that question, let me know.

REGARDS/jenessa