Interpreting the Fool

tarot_quest

Thank you Laurelle and tarot Quest,

OK. So the Fool suggest that someone is making a fool of themselves, and that could be me or my suspect. The guy is no newbie, he's been there longer than I have. I think it's a warning against me being the newbie, making naive mistakes in my quest.

This is really strange because I think I have hard evidence. What could the warning be about, I wonder?

Just for the sake of conversation, is there a context where the Fool can be interpreted in a way other than a well-intentioned naive person?

You mentioned an important point here! He has been there for longer than you! That's what I felt when I saw your cards. You might be taken for the fool so be well prepared because other people may support him

bring some proofs!

Sulis

Just for the sake of conversation, is there a context where the Fool can be interpreted in a way other than a well-intentioned naive person?

See my post above.. I've interpreted the card as a card of advice for you..

summeryjoy

See my post above.. I've interpreted the card as a card of advice for you..

Thanks! I've missed it before somehow. Sorry about that.

Be like the Fool, huh? I must admit, that's my secret fear; that I'd come out as a fool. Perhaps it is advising me to "make a leap of faith" so to speak.

Laurelle

For some reason I saw you as the Queen of Swords (the boss). If you are the boss, then it's your job to figure out who is stealing. That's why I assumed you were the boss. But if you are new then it maybe better to just lay low. It's not really your place to find out whose stealing, but you could innocently mention it to the boss. Just ask something like, "Where does the inventory go that's not here? Do you see this? It looks missing? Hhhmm..these numbers aren't adding up, can you help me?"

How do you know it's this person? Is it just a hunch?

Laurelle

I just re read your initial post. You are asking tarot the questions as if you already know for certain it's so-and-so. Maybe you can ask tarot a more indepth question and do a full spread.

Ask

"Is someone stealing?"

"What kind of person is stealing?"

"What Can I do about it?

What would happen if I act on my suspicions? What would happen if I didn't?

I hope this helps and I hope that didn't confuse you with my original post.

summeryjoy

For some reason I saw you as the Queen of Swords (the boss). If you are the boss, then it's your job to figure out who is stealing. That's why I assumed you were the boss. But if you are new then it maybe better to just lay low. It's not really your place to find out whose stealing, but you could innocently mention it to the boss. Just ask something like, "Where does the inventory go that's not here? Do you see this?

As a matter of fact, I am the boss. I'm the Chief Financial Officer and he is a Section Head in Production. I am way higher than him in the heirarchy. But I am also new, me and the rest of the top management. We know that it smells sticky downstairs, whcih is why we were hired. But we, the Top Management, while higher in position and weaker in power.

Just ask something like, "Where does the inventory go that's not here? Do you see this? It looks missing? Hhhmm..these numbers aren't adding up, can you help me?"

How do you know it's this person? Is it just a hunch?

You know, I think I'm going to ask this to Tarot itself. Thanks! :D

summeryjoy

I just re read your initial post. You are asking tarot the questions as if you already know for certain it's so-and-so. Maybe you can ask tarot a more indepth question and do a full spread.

Ask

"Is someone stealing?"

"What kind of person is stealing?"

"What Can I do about it?

What would happen if I act on my suspicions? What would happen if I didn't?

I hope this helps and I hope that didn't confuse you with my original post.

I will. Thank you.

Sulis

You should also bear in mind the that interpretation you choose for The Fool will depend an awful lot on the other cards in the spread.

summeryjoy

You should also bear in mind the that interpretation you choose for The Fool will depend an awful lot on the other cards in the spread.

Yes, true.

Grizabella

If you were hired to find situations like this---finding out where the company is losing money or materials---then I don't think you being new applies at all. If you were just a new employee in some other capacity and you had this suspicion that someone else was doing the dirty deed then you might want to hesitate.

The Fool, if you're hired to find information like this, says "go for it" and be the Queen of Swords about it. Be factual but unbiased and present your information to the boss.

Sometimes the people who have been working in a business longer will have positions where they're in favor and wouldn't be fired no matter what. Like if they're the boss's pet sort of thing. But I do think the cards are advising you to just go ahead and report your findings but don't let it seem as though it's personal to you. Be sure your facts are straight and solid and present them dispassionately. This is what you were hired to do, so do it in a very professional and unbiased way.