Looking for a Relationship Spread

Silaria

I've been asked by a friend to do a reading for him. All I know about his question at the moment is that it deals with his new relationship.

To that end I'm looking for a good Relationship Spread to use instead of a more generic spread like the CC or some Three Card spreads I know.

I'm doing this reading tomorrow night so any help is greatly appreciated.

Pollux

Have you tried looking for one in our forums? ;)

Click here - the keywords I chose are "relationship" and "spread", search restricted to the Using Tarot Cards section.

Silaria

Hm, I tried that before I posted and didn't get good results... but I'll give it another try.

I got spreads but I didn't find specifically relationship spreads (I did the search with "relationship spread" in quotes.)

Edited to add: I did a little more digging with the search results since I had a little extra time to READ instead of SKIM the results.

I found a few spreads I may be able to use.

Thank you... sorry for the unnecessary post. :(

Sunburst

Rhiannon's new spread

Hi Silaria. Did you see Rhiannon's relationship spread, in the thread titled "New spread to share"? It's not too far below this one.

It looks great. I'd link it, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet :)

Sunburst

allibee

ok, here's the relationship spread both myself and my sitters get the most from:

The relationship from the point of view of the first sitter

The relationship from the point of view of the other sitter

(if the other sitter is absent, the first sitter should make notes and discuss insights later)

1 and 6 - origins of the relationship
2 and 7 - Where it is coming from
3 and 8 - where the relationship is now (present)
4 and 9 - where it is going
5 and 10 - How it may ultimately evolve...... that's the bit they all want to know first, lol

Try it, you'll be astonished!!!

allibee

Silaria

My thanks to both of you.

Yes, I did find Rhiannon's spread; it was one of 3 or 2 that I managed to uncover once I had time to actually dig into the older posts instead of just skimming them.

Allibee, I'll hold onto this one for future reference. I'm not 100% sure what my friend's question is right now and something tells me I'd WANT to have both people there, not just 1 and take notes to the other.

Somehow I get the impression that there are problems in the future of his relationship since another mutual friend who is just learning the Tarot did a reading for him on Halloween and something in THAT reading prompted him to come to me.

zander770

some more 3 card relationship spreads & a 7 card "love search" spread

here's some relationship spreads which i have used:

Just Met

Card 1: Her first impressions of him
Card 2: His first impressions of her
Card 3: The potential of this new relationship

Building Relationships #1

Card 1: What she wants from this relationship
Card 2: What he wants from this relationship
Card 3: Are their desires/needs compatible?

Relationship Problems #1

Card 1: How she is contributing to the problem
Card 2: How he is contributing to the problem
Card 3: What external factors are contributing to the problem

Relationship Problems #2

Card 1: What she can do to improve the situation
Card 2: What he can do to improve the situation
Card 3: What other resources are available to help them solve their problems

Breakups

Card 1: What happened – her viewpoint
Card 2: What happened – his viewpoint
Card 3: Chances of getting back together

A note about ethics: This is an example of an area where readers should think about the issues involved with third-party readings and decide how they feel. There are differing points of view about whether this type of reading should be done without the second person's knowledge and consent. My personal point of view is that it is OK to do a reading on a relationship that involves the client and another person, and to give the client some insight into what that other person may be doing and thinking with respect to their relationship (and only that). My feeling is that a relationship between two people is a living entity of its own, that is difficult to productively explore from only one side. This type of reading often gives the client more sympathy and understanding for their partner's point of view, which I feel is very valuable. Just as in marriage counseling, one partner can come in alone or both partners can come in together. Either way, the counselor discusses the entire relationship, not just one side of it. As long as that information is kept strictly confidential, I feel it is ethical (but some readers might not). If the client requests an extensive relationship reading, as opposed to the simpler readings described above, I always encourage them to involve their partner or at least obtain their consent.

aeonx

Hi you. :)
I made up a relationship spread a while ago, and in my readings it's been very accurate. Check it out if you're in need of more: aeonx's Relationship Spread. Good luck anyhow!

~aeonx~

Silaria

Thanks everyone. :) I'm sure one of these will work nicely. I'll let you know how things go.

Now, here's another question...
Has anyone tried one of these spreads in a homosexual relationship? I just found out from yet another mutal friend (there are 4 of us (including myself) who know one another)) that his current relationship is with another guy.

Now, this doesn't bother me in the least. I just want to provide the best possible information and use the spread that's going to result in just that.

allibee

I haven't, but I can't see how it would make a difference to the spread as the influences would still show as, emotions, intellect, inspiration, material or spiritual/karma.

allibee
the masked tarot reader :D