Aquarian Tarot Study Group?

irongoddess

I'd love to participate, also!

I've worked with the Aquarian deck for about four years, off and on, and although it's not my favorite deck to work with, I do find that it has a nice neutrality that makes it a perfect deck for me to use for public readings and for study.

(I will say that I especially love the Star in this deck -- unique and gorgeous!)

Gryphon's Kitten

may I join? The Aquarian is my only deck. I'm just a newbie, but I would like to learn more. :)

OctavaSpera

I just got this deck and find it very intriguing. I wonder if anyone is still interested in studying this deck.

EDIT: Sorry, never mind. I don't think I'll have the energy to contribute much anyway.

Lenore

Aquarian Tarot

I know it is annoying to reply to OLD threads..But I am very excited about my Vintage Aquarian tarot and am very keen to share with the remaining Aquarian enthusiasts, Like many of you I have acquired a lot of decks since the seventies, but I still love the Aquarian and struggle to find the correct thread to respond to. News Flash..just got another vintage Aquarian...Karin Koal's Galaxy Gazer...It is amazing...I love Tarot...Even 33 years since my first deck

kd87

yay! I love the Aquarian Tarot...second deck I bought. I love the vintage feel. :) I will definitely be game for this. Will check back later and start posting!

Sulis

Moderator message

Hi Lenore and kd87,

Please feel free to revive this study group and get it going again.
Here's the index of threads so far: Click me!. Post to the existing threads and start new ones for cards or topics not covered. Please let me know by private message when you start new threads so that I can index them and let me know if you need help with anything.

And a very warm welcome to Tarot Study Groups :D

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

GryffinSong

I've had my Aquarian out the last couple of days. Did some more trimming on it and might chime in on the study group every now and then. Gosh, I've had this deck for perhaps twenty years and I still like it. :)

velvetina

yes, I'd be happy to add my two -pennorth!

hunter

I'd like to study this deck. Running through the cards one by one can be kind of boring, though. I'd like to have some sort of study plan that works for the thing that is special about this deck.

For example if this were a wheel of the year deck, I would want to study the cards that represented this time of year.

What is it that makes this deck special to you?

Some things that I like are:
The earthy colors are grounding. The pastels are soothing.
The book "Spiritual Tarot" is a safe book to use when I'm feeling bad.
I like the close ups.
I like strongly outlined art that is not cartoony looking.
I like the short fat images that are left after my trimming job.

I'm still new to the deck...so...it will take me a bit to really figure out what it is that I'm finding so attractive about it.

Queen of Disks

I think it's mysterious. Most decks are fairly obvious what their cards are about. The Aquarian doesn't do that. The people have no obvious expressions, there isn't that much detail in the cards, and the details and patterns you do see often hides something else. For example, the woman in the Lovers card. She is almost out of the picture, and the only thing you see of her is her head and hair. She maybe wearing a pretty dress-or nothing at all. You don't know. The Aquarian makes you work and figure out the meanings for yourself, instead of showing you what it means.

I agree on the fall colors as well, but it reminds me more of November in Cleveland. All of the pretty fall leaves have fallen, and it's cold and damp and muddy but not cold enough to snow. Colorless and bleak (like the Five of Cups.)