Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

prudence 
Reader

Bill, your blog is really nice for people like me. I may not fully understand certain complex relationships around time, but when I read your explanations about your deck and the idea of cycles of wheels, or wheels of time that represent cycles, I think I understand some of what you're saying. (At least I think I do!)

No matter what, I enjoy reading your thoughts on this deck as well as many other subjects. You have a very enjoyable and relatable voice, when you write. I like it a lot.

We are amazed but not amused
By all the things you say that you'll do...~Stevie Wonder
prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #241
ayuryogini 
Resident

Happy Birthday, Bill, and happy birthday to OnePotato.

Your deck is stunning. Happily anticipating its release.
ayuryogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #242
OnePotato 
Citizen

Thank you to Debra, prudence, rylla, and ayuryogini for the comments & happy birthday wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudence View Post
Bill, your blog is really nice for people like me. I may not fully understand certain complex relationships around time, but when I read your explanations about your deck and the idea of cycles of wheels, or wheels of time that represent cycles, I think I understand some of what you're saying. (At least I think I do!)

No matter what, I enjoy reading your thoughts on this deck as well as many other subjects. You have a very enjoyable and relatable voice, when you write. I like it a lot.
Thank you prudence.
I'm glad you like my blog entries.
That's very sweet of you to say so.

So far, I've tried to use the blog to present some basic foundational ideas about things that relate to an interpretation of the traditional tarot as presented in Le Tarot Tournant. Without the full background, I wouldn't expect you to "fully understand" all aspects of everything I'm talking about in the blog, and in fact, I keep that in mind as I write for it. Some of the people reading the blog took the same classes that I did, so I expect they see something somewhat different from you. I find that to be a very interesting challenge, and one that fits well within my entire body of work. I've always found that addressing different levels of comprehension as I put something together often makes for the most compelling work. I try to make things that read suitably well on several different levels. (In other words, you don't have to understand everything about my intentions and interpretations in order to have a nice time with the thing, though if you find out more and more, you'll likely get more and more out of it.)

Anyway, thanks again for your comments.

Old 28-03-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #243
prudence 
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePotato View Post
Thank you to Debra, prudence, rylla, and ayuryogini for the comments & happy birthday wishes!

Thank you prudence.
I'm glad you like my blog entries.
That's very sweet of you to say so.

So far, I've tried to use the blog to present some basic foundational ideas about things that relate to an interpretation of the traditional tarot as presented in Le Tarot Tournant. Without the full background, I wouldn't expect you to "fully understand" all aspects of everything I'm talking about in the blog, and in fact, I keep that in mind as I write for it. Some of the people reading the blog took the same classes that I did, so I expect they see something somewhat different from you. I find that to be a very interesting challenge, and one that fits well within my entire body of work. I've always found that addressing different levels of comprehension as I put something together often makes for the most compelling work. I try to make things that read suitably well on several different levels. (In other words, you don't have to understand everything about my intentions and interpretations in order to have a nice time with the thing, though if you find out more and more, you'll likely get more and more out of it.)

Anyway, thanks again for your comments.
That's what I'm getting from it, I will learn more as more information is distributed. While I'm still in the dark, I'm enjoying your blog, like I said, your writing style is very enjoyable, approachable and in the end, kind. Thank you for putting this out there, not just the deck, but also your thoughts and ideas surrounding the early tarot decks.

We are amazed but not amused
By all the things you say that you'll do...~Stevie Wonder
prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #244
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today