Duck Soup Decks

wens_a

I got my Zirkus Magi deck in the mail today, and am so happy with it. The artwork is stunning; the colors are just perfect. It's sad and serious and hard-working, and still entertaining. And it has elephants :) I have so many favorites already - The Solitarian, Mister Bones, too many to name. And the happier cards are not too shmoopy - thank you for that.

Freder

Thank you very much! Sometimes I get discouraged that it seems to have fallen into a black hole, and then someone nice like you comes along and makes my day.

DT

Freder

If someone could tell me just the best one - that's what SevenStars did - just sort of unofficially, off the record - I just tend to go with that one.

Le Fanu: "Best" is so subjective! I put the thing together and I don't have a favorite. There are bits of each one that I like. I personally like the bordered version, because after all I designed the border and did a little more work on the cards, so it's just a little more "mine" -- but also that much less authentic.

But I think my favorite card back is the one that comes standard with the basic version -- the marbled green. The printers just do a wonderful job with it.

I understand the feeling, though, of being overwhelmed by choices. I sometimes wonder if it would be better to just offer one version. I'm sure you're not alone.

DT

Sar

Hey Sar, does this deck come with any information (lwb) about the characters on the cards? Nice photo! :)

Unfortunately not, only a little lwb with two spreads and a suggestion to figure out the cards for one self. I plan to study this deck this very fall, not sure if it will be here, on a blog or I make a group on FB.

BodhiSeed

Unfortunately not, only a little lwb with two spreads and a suggestion to figure out the cards for one self. I plan to study this deck this very fall, not sure if it will be here, on a blog or I make a group on FB.
Thanks Sar. :) If I get this deck, it sounds like I would need to invest in a few books, perhaps.