Duck Soup Decks

Le Fanu

Perhaps I've missed it but any news on when the Lombardy illustrated pip version is due out? I'm holding out on the standard one currently available, hoping for the other version.

FLizarraga

That Rackham oracle looks swoon-worthy.

I have been ogling the bordered Lombardi for a while now, but it's unfortunately well over my budget, especially since the only thing I'm not thrilled about are the default backs, and would have to personalize it. Same with that scrumptiously aged Zirkus Magi....

The Happy Squirrel

Perhaps I've missed it but any news on when the Lombardy illustrated pip version is due out? I'm holding out on the standard one currently available, hoping for the other version.

I think he said in his previous post that he isn't emotionally invested in the illustrated Lombardy so it is going to happen when it happens or something along that line......?

The Happy Squirrel

That Rackham oracle looks swoon-worthy.

I have been ogling the bordered Lombardi for a while now, but it's unfortunately well over my budget, especially since they only thing I'm not thrilled about are the default backs, and would have to personalize it. Same with that scrumptiously aged Zirkus Magi....

I am not normally for borders but I like this bordered version almost more than the other one. This is the one deck I haven't found a version that I like yet but I think this might just be *my* Lombardy :) I am being good though [emoji16]

For now [emoji14]

MissChiff

I have the standard Lombardy... I love it and the backs that Freder picked are perfect.. But I would love to own a boarded one also...

Nemia

I'm totally in love with my standard Lombardy, too. Especially the super attractive Devil ;-)

Freder

Le Fanu -- first, thanks for the feedback on the site redesign! Second -- re: where I am on the illustrated Lombardy...

The process I was following was this: search ancient Italian art until I found something that connected with one of the card meanings, get it in as high resolution as possible, then distress the hell out of it, plop it into the card frame, and reflect on having to do this fifty-something more times. This was exceedingly boring to me. Not that looking at Italian art is boring, but looking with an agenda and discovering what I should have known already (that Italian artists didn't work with Tarot in mind!) ... this became tedious quickly.

But the other day, almost the moment that I typed about not being emotionally invested in this project anymore, the thought finally came that in order to finish it I could (and would have to) follow Kat Black's (and Seven's) lead and collage the artwork instead. This is what I SHOULD have been thinking all along, and suddenly the project is appealing to me again.

However -- it's also more labor intensive! So even as it goes back on the front burner, the ETA remains about the same as it was: "sometime next year." As soon as I can be more specific than that, I'll let you know!

Creating a Tarot deck is a big job. Oracles are so much easier to assemble, because the artist makes the rules.

prudence

I'm glad to hear about the illustrated minors Lombardy. I look forward to sometime next year.

The site looks good, it's easy to navigate as well.

Freder

OK! The Arthur Rackham Oracle is now available. I'm pretty GD pleased with how it turned out, if I do say so myself. I don't think Rackham's art has ever looked better. I ending up taking very few pictures of the finished product, because the photos don't do it justice.

And onward to the Next Thing!

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

The Happy Squirrel

So exciting :)