Duck Soup Decks

Freder

Updates All Around.

All of my current projects -- MIDWAY ARCANA, TINKER'S DAMN TAROT and MME. LOVIISE's SCORNED ORAAKEL have been updated with new and /or revised card designs, and I must say they are beginning to look like something after all.

As it's nearest completion, the "reproduction deck" part of the MME LOVIISE project has now been elevated to the front burner, and is on the schedule for a release in late February.

Onward. With all the sad and depressing news of late, one needs to keep working just to have the courage needed to get out of bed every day...

I want to say thank you to everyone who was so nice to me last year, and whose support has encouraged me to go on. I think I have some good stuff lined up for 2016, and more in the back of my head for the future!

wens_a

I love the cards for the Tinker's Damn Tarot - didn't realize this was in progress!

Freder

The printed proof of MME. LOVIISE'S SKORNED ORAAKEL arrived today and turned out better than expected! I am REALLY pleased with how the final deck looks! -- and so I can announce to the world that the deck is now available! I think it's one of the most attractive decks I've done. 48 poker-sized cards, plus 4 extra cards including spreads and English keywords (in teeny tiny print!)

As usual the address is www.tarotbyducksoup.com -- or you can get straight to the oracle page here: http://mysterydecks.tarotbyducksoup.com/p/nothing-here-at-moment.html

Thanks for following the thread and I hope that the deck pleases and intrigues!

prudence

That is a great story for the Skorned Oraakel. Really enjoyed that. I'm really drawn to the repro deck, does it come with a booklet that translates the titles and notes on the cards into English?

Oops, never mind, I just retread your post explaining that it is in tiny print. :)

feynrir

For what it's worth (since you wanted buyer opinion, Freder), I fully support the release of the Midway Arcana into smaller sets based on type as well as the larger release! I think it could maximize sales. I can't wait to purchase them, they're the best idea. Waiting impatiently :D

Freder

The next few weeks are going to see SEVERAL New Releases joining the line-up.

As announced on the main forum, TINKER'S DAMN TAROT is getting a jumbo-sized Majors-only edition, with the designs printed on huge 3.5 x 5.75" cards.

Before that happens, my quotations deck WISE SAYINGS will make its debut. It's a poker-sized deck with 36 cards just like a Lenormand... except it's not a Lenormand. It features some of my all-time favorite quotations presented with matching designs. I expect to announce this as being available early next week.

And sometime soon, maybe even sooner, my Zirkus Magi Fortune Telling Playing Cards are getting a new TAROT-SIZED edition, with additional information on each card. I'm so used to tarot cards that I find playing cards to be really small: so I wanted to do a 52-card playing card deck in the larger tarot size. This is my first -- nope, won't be the last, I'm sure.

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

Good-night, and good luck!

Freder

WISE SAYINGS

I hardly know how anyone is going to react to this, or if anyone is going to be remotely interested... all I can do is announce that "WISE SAYINGS: A DECK OF WIT AND WISDOM" is now available

Thirty-four cards combining great and little-known quotations with modern design. It's funny, lively, eye-opening.... a great conversation starter and more. Check it out here: www.tarotbyducksoup.com or here: http://mysterydecks.tarotbyducksoup.com/p/wise-sayings-deck-of-wit-wisdom.html

If anyone finds that they have a favorite quotation from the deck, I can totally make a custom deck that consists just of your favorite card -- so that you can hand out your favorite quotation like a business card. Matching deck bag also available, of course....

So anyway. It's just a fun little thing that I decided to do; now having done it, all I can do is run it up the flagpole and see if anybody salutes!

Thanks --

DT

Freder

Tinker's Damn Large-Size Majors Limited Edition

It's here!

For a limited time only, the Tinker's Damn Major Arcana is available in a jumbo-sized edition.

Cards are 3.5" x 5.75" on 330 gsm superior smooth card stock.

Coupon code included, good for a 10% discount on a matching minors edition when it becomes available. This version of the Major Arcana is only available until early summer 2016, when the full deck becomes available. Only as many copies as are sold will be printed.

I am inordinately proud of this deck.

Find it here: http://www.tarotbyducksoup.com

Thank you!