The Devil and Mr. Trump

midsummermagic1111

I looked up my notes on the reading. I did it on November 9th. My question was what Trump's first month in office will be like.

His Feelings (didn't post this part earlier):
9 of Swords | Ace of Pentacles | Ace of Wands

ba0f30d6707cf9f6d147287a0e501b09.jpg

Bitter and wounded, very hurt. Like an onion he is peeled away to the core and surrounded by protective angels trying to assist. He is sitting in the center of power. He is like a pine cone with seeds to plant that will grow. It's like his power is rotted out with worms (not sure if refers to the power from him or the power from our governmental structure..) Wood that is not entirely stable. A structure that someone tried to rig a bunch of fixes perhaps due to lack of options. Someone was definitely trying to fix things in their honest attempts. Lightening is striking all sides damaging the power.

The second half is about His Actions which turned into a spread from my internal conversation:

46b3a36c4cbfc96b536f3ced4c927dbc.jpg

He sits in front of a red button. He is in control. He considers tinkering with slights of revenge. He sits between destruction and failure and happiness and success. Goats are good climbers. He's sussing out the situation. Trying to build a structure. The risks are very high as failure brings nasty consequences. He's looking for a safe place to plant a seed. Lots of pentacles. He is definitely looking at the money side of things.. perhaps almost too much. He is comfortable in that department.

I tried to drain myself of all preconceived notions about him and the situation. (I was a very vocal non supporter during the election). Freewriting is a new method I am trying. I'm liking it but might not be super good at it yet. Though I feel like I'm getting closer.

midsummermagic1111

I can only see 8 swords in the card to the left).

It is definitely the 10 of Swords (I noticed that too as I tried to memorized them after trimming, lol)

I didn't consider the Sun as an explosion. Maybe I was trying too hard to be neutral..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Metafizzypop

midsummermagic1111, you trimmed those cards to within an inch of their lives. They must be absolutely tiny!

I gave some comments about the reading that contained the Devil in my last post. About the other reading, with 3 cards, I'd say that he starts off worried, then picks up some positive momentum. Aces show beginnings, but not endings, so whether or not Trump can actually come through on any of his campaign promises is not guaranteed. And he's actually better off if he does NOT come through.

midsummermagic1111

midsummermagic1111, you trimmed those cards to within an inch of their lives. They must be absolutely tiny!

I gave some comments about the reading that contained the Devil in my last post. About the other reading, with 3 cards, I'd say that he starts off worried, then picks up some positive momentum. Aces show beginnings, but not endings, so whether or not Trump can actually come through on any of his campaign promises is not guaranteed. And he's actually better off if he does NOT come through.

Ha ha!! Yes they are tiny. They are the size of regular cards, but I also have the full size greenie deck. These ones are glossy and the images so vibrant. Also distressed the edges in turquoise blue.

I am more scared of the masses getting out of hand and bringing out the worst in our candidate. His type of personality can get really defensive. I think he is too focused on the money right now. In his 60 minutes interview recently he was unaware of any racial backlash from white supremacists... and didn't think it needed to be addressed by him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Metafizzypop

Donald is getting backlash from a lot of directions right now. The headline on CNN that I kept seeing today was something about "fierce infighting" among the Republicans about who should be appointed to the new positions.

And the election was only a week ago. It didn't take long for things to explode. Chaos and disorder all over. The Devil must be in his glory.

Occultum Lapidem

Hi,

I just did a Trump-related reading. I'm a great believer in the KISS philosophy and used a Morgan-Greer deck and the CC spread. There were some interesting results:

In position 1 I got The Knight of Swords. The Knight's bloody sword, prominent in the foreground of the card image, seemed rather striking and somewhat ominous to me.

In position 8 I got The Hanged Man. I kind of see this as Trump's relationship with his supporters. It makes me think of the scapegoat idea that has already been mentioned in regard to The Devil. Trump has the mob behind him but they could so easily turn on him and make him their sacrificial lamb. They could easily turn into a 'lynch mob' if/when Trump fails to deliver on his campaign promises.

In position 9 I got Temperance. I would say this relates to all the anxiety that Trump's election has caused. People are worried about what he will do, how extreme his policies will be. There is a desire to see some balance, some moderation.

In position 10 I got The Devil. Well, I have to admit I was kind of pleased to see him. I've only just started working with the cards again, after a break of many years, and it was nice to see that they still seem to want to talk to me :) I'm still thinking about my own take on The Devil and Mr T. but I suspect it has something to do with the illusion of free will...

Metafizzypop

Hi, OL. Thanks for popping in with some ideas. Interesting reading. I agree with your interpretations of the cards, especially the Hanged Man. And you got the Devil too! Speaking of the Devil....

In position 10 I got The Devil. Well, I have to admit I was kind of pleased to see him. I've only just started working with the cards again, after a break of many years, and it was nice to see that they still seem to want to talk to me :) I'm still thinking about my own take on The Devil and Mr T. but I suspect it has something to do with the illusion of free will...

The illusion of free will. I had considered the factor of free will in this, but more along the lines of the abuse of free will. Donald is using a lot of free will. Basically, that's a nice way of saying that he just does whatever he wants. He was acting that way during the campaign, and once he's in office, he's sure he'll be able to do whatever he wants as President. Free will might be one of Donald's biggest problems.

I think he's going to learn the hard way that that's not how it works.