The 4 of CUPS clarified by the 2 of CUPS???

ChristianReader

I did a spread for my brother 2 hours ago about a woman he fancies but is only good friends with at the moment. Her attraction to him came up as a 4 of Cups that was clarified by the 2 of cups. I want to get back to him about this asap but i need to make sure that ive considered all angles. Is she dissatisfied with their current relationship(friendship) and want things to be deeper as depicted in the 2 of cups? The 4 of cups is the ultimate discontentment card out of the Minors for relationships. I see that something is missing or she feels something is missing from the 2 of them. I would've told my brother "no shes not attracted to u" but this card struck me as too complex to say yes or no. How do you see the 4 of cups being clarified/ emphasized by the 2 of cups????

Xrysalida

I see it as she doesn't look him for a romantic relationship. he might be a good chance for her but for the moment she doesn't see it this way.
My explanation on this:
4 of cups: she is in her own world, not recognizing the (2 of cups) the potential of a beautiful relationship.

ChristianReader

ah ok that makes sense

Goldkind

2 cups

Dear ChristianReader,

in my opinion, if I got your explaination about the spread in the right way, she is angry about love things a bit. It needn't to be because of him. Do you know anything about his behaviour in her direction?

Greets,
Goldkind

Padma

I would have interpreted that as she is currently unfulfilled by the situation or current relationship with your brother (4 Cups) - but *might* be receptive if he made his intentions clear, and expressed specific desire to take it to a new level. (2 Cups.)

Perhaps she is more interested in a closer, or more committed relationship. I think she expected a romantic match, and I think that is certainly what she is looking for (2 Cups) whether with your brother, or someone else. And currently she sees him only as a friend (4 C) so therefore she is still looking for that love affair she is craving (2 C). He has nothing to lose by asking - if she says no, they can still be friends...and if she says yes, they will both be quite happy!

Thirteen

A dream of romance

A card and clarifier are not two-halves of a sentence (part 1, part 2). They are *one* sentence (4/Cups), said a different way the second time around to help you understand. (2/Cups). Though, apparently, that 2nd time around didn't get understood, either ;) The point is, the clarifier doesn't negate the first card, nor does it add to it. It just "clarifies" it. If someone asked you a question, which you answered, then they said, "I don't understand..." you wouldn't give them a different answer. You'd just give them the SAME answer said differently. Yes?

So both cards are saying the same thing, just in two different ways. To figure out what, see what they have in common. If you look at both, you'll notice that, in both cards, the person is gazing at something/someone as if fascinated or dreaming. 4/Cups he is gazing at that cup on the cloud, 2/Cups he/she is gazing at the other person. In both there is a "dream" of romance in what they gaze at--but that doesn't mean that it is or can be a reality. In the 4/Cups especially, the message is that they may ignore something real for a fantasy. And in the 2/Cups, they are enthralled with that first impression of the person, but that doesn't mean that will pan out when they get to know said person better

Which is to say, her attraction to him, both cards say, is not rooted in reality and may be because she is bored. At best, she's imagining what romance with him would be like, nothing more. And yes, she probably is dissatisfied with her current relationship, but the 2/Cups doesn't mean she's looking for anything deeper. It means she's just looking, as in the 4/Cups for something new or different. She could as easily become dissatisfied with your brother as she is with the man she's with now because she's after a *dream* of romance, not real love.

RaaD

Clarifier is often attached with words such " because " and sort. Most of the time clarifier gives you the reason why this is as it is giving you more clear understanding of the card. Or sometimes clarifier is just the core of the matter and the evolution is the other card. Her attraction is boredom because maybe she is bored from stable long term relationships such as your bro wants. Maybe your brother may wanna find a way to tell her that he wants open connection and this may give some results tho

danieljuk

I wonder with the 4 of Cups if she is wanting something better to come along. Maybe even like this dream image of her ideal partner, they probably in reality don't exist and never will. She probably has turned down the idea of lots of guys because she is waiting for 'the one' but actually it's not good for her. She may still be doing this in 30 years time.

It's nothing personal about your brother but it's a dream relationship (2 of cups clarification) like Thirteen posted about. She wants that fairy tale Knight in Shining Armour who meets her expectations exactly!

I don't think anything will happen unless he manages to make her break out of that fairy tale dream world

ChristianReader

@Goldkind ive seen them 2 together and hung out with them also. hes so head over heels for her lol it shows with the little things he does. Id say hes very nice to her and i dont believe that she sees it. But i couldnt help but notice her staring at him alot wen he wasnt looking. To me they seem they clearly look attracted to eachother but they both wont come out and say it. They even mess with eachother, make jokes and its always laugter between them two. I believe both r beating around the bush.

Goldkind

@Goldkind ive seen them 2 together and hung out with them also. hes so head over heels for her lol it shows with the little things he does. Id say hes very nice to her and i dont believe that she sees it. But i couldnt help but notice her staring at him alot wen he wasnt looking. To me they seem they clearly look attracted to eachother but they both wont come out and say it. They even mess with eachother, make jokes and its always laugter between them two. I believe both r beating around the bush.

Hm, then I think it could be the shyness maybe?