aces

hermit-IX

how often have you had an ace materialize. usually when i get them there is strong potential for something to develop but it usually doesn't

TarotTreat

For me, it depends how much work I put into it.

For example, I was considering opening a tarot business after I got an ace of pentacles over and over in relation to my tarot practice. If I did nothing and took it as a sign that something was going to happen, probably nothing would happen. However, I chose to put a ton of work into it and chased that opportunity. It took months to get my account open, shut down, reopened and approved, and work to get my first sales.

Obviously this depends on if you're doing a predictive reading or if you're like me, and use it as a tool for self exploration and guidance. If you use it for guidance like me and you want to see those aces materialize, I would focus on searching for opportunity and chasing it down.

Also, perhaps you're looking at it the wrong way. That sounds really negative, but what I mean is that for me aces typically mean money, but can also mean other 'physical work' things like school, cleaning, and business. So, consider the possibility that they have materialized, just not it ways or ares you expected.

Just throwing out ideas as to why they wouldn't.

hermit-IX

good point. and you're right i didn't really chase the opportunity

Barleywine

I often see Aces in reading. I think it's a reflection of the fact that so many questions have a strong undercurrent of hope for something "new and different" about them. As Crowley once said about the Wheel of Fortune, the very fact that someone asked for a consultation suggests that any change will probably be better than the present situation. I see Aces as "raw potential" that can be turned into "opportunity" with a little focused effort (I call it "triggering"). They're "stage-setters" rather than "actors" in and of themselves. Ace of Pentacles would be fertile ground for "planting" something, which must then be tended in order to germinate and grow. As far as what they promise actually "materializing," it's really up to where the querent takes that potential. I specifically tell my clients "To unfold as shown, a prediction often requires deliberate action or inaction by the seeker . . . wishful thinking and good intentions aren't enough to make a difference."

Pique Dame

I frequently see aces indicate something happening rather than merely representing the potential to do so. Aces, to me, are more about something being brand new rather than a seed that may or may not grow into more.
Examples: I got the Ace of Cups in a future position and it was the beginning of a new relationship. I got the Ace of Swords when asking about communication from someone and received an email within a few days. I got the Ace of Pentacles when asking about a relationship becoming more committed and that commitment deepened. Ace of Wands has meant the birth of a child (i.e. "new life"). Ace of Wands also comes up for me a lot indicating sex, but that's still an action. Point being, aces are new beginnings and not just germs or seeds. I use reversals, though, so I'm talking about upright aces. If one comes up in reverse, that's usually an indication that it won't move on to the next phase. (Although I have even seen that happen before, too!)

hermit-IX

I frequently see aces indicate something happening rather than merely representing the potential to do so. Aces, to me, are more about something being brand new rather than a seed that may or may not grow into more.
Examples: I got the Ace of Cups in a future position and it was the beginning of a new relationship. I got the Ace of Swords when asking about communication from someone and received an email within a few days. I got the Ace of Pentacles when asking about a relationship becoming more committed and that commitment deepened. Ace of Wands has meant the birth of a child (i.e. "new life"). Ace of Wands also comes up for me a lot indicating sex, but that's still an action. Point being, aces are new beginnings and not just germs or seeds. I use reversals, though, so I'm talking about upright aces. If one comes up in reverse, that's usually an indication that it won't move on to the next phase. (Although I have even seen that happen before, too!)

yes i've had it mean something new as well.

i'll include some examples too

went out one night and asked how it will be. one of the cards was ace of swords.
i DID end up talking to one guy so it did happen, but after that nothing progressed.
in this case both views are right. it is the potential (which didn't manifest) the new experience (which did happen)

i also asked how another night will turn out and got ace of cups
i got a crush on a new guy (it did happen) i did start liking him but as of now nothing beyond my crush has developed
also later that night i ended up flirting/playing around with this guy. it was cute and fun. i don't know if he can be considered the ace of cups since it was more of a fun thing. but if it was
then yes. it was a new 'romantic' experience that did happen. but i don't think i should date him (ace not manifesting)

anyway THANK YOU FOR THE EXAMPLES ... i love hearing peoples actual experience with the cards, so much more concrete information