Knight of Swords as a person and Queen of Wands as advice

Pique Dame

What are your experiences with the Knight of Swords when representing a person and/or how others see you? Do you see him as a good impression or a bad one? Personally, I see this Knight as aggressive and verbose. He's intellectual and talkative, but opinionated, impatient, and may speak without thinking first. Not an evil person (at least when upright) but not the impression I would want to give off. I've had this come up to represent someone I know who I like to describe as "loquacious." Nice guy, but one I could only handle in small doses. I recently pulled it for the impression I'm giving others and was less than satisfied so I asked what I needed to do to make the best impression possible and got Queen of Wands. Queen of Wands as a person/advice would say to me to be very confident, self-assured, sexy, warm and friendly, let your creativity shine through, but also be outgoing and social rather than a wall flower.
So if the cards are saying be the Queen of Wands rather than the Knight of Swords, which traits of the knight's would you downplay and which of the queen's would you emphasize?

euripides

I'm not sure if I'm reading the question part of your comment correctly but here's a couple of related thoughts.

To me the swords tend to be more about intellect, or intellectual life, ideas. The Knight of Swords makes me think of a young know-it-all - the art student who has read a bit of Marx and thinks they are a revolutionary, the guy who wades into every conversation with 'well actually'. So quite similar to the comments you've made about it.

In other contexts, it's the card about that whole take-on-the-world thing you feel when you get a big idea and then the sudden realization that you actually have to make this thing work, or that there's this whole body of knowledge that you haven't taken into account. So maybe you've a tendency to not look at the whole picture. I guess similar to the 'speak without thinking' observation.

The energy of the Queen of Wands is entirely different, Passionate but more fully informed. If she's going off the deep end, it's with full knowledge of what she's unleashing. Her feelings are more from the gut, for him, it's an intellectual exercise (and one can be excited about ideas; it's not dispassionate... I'm not sure how to articulate the difference).

I think the knight might be a bit Don Quixote too. Off with flights of fancy. I think the Queen energy is more mature and sustained. She doesn't flit about - she's there for the long haul. The Wands suggest that maybe you need to get a bit more grounded in your feelings, the feelings of others, and the real world events that influence them. Warmth rather than abstraction. And sustained commitment.

violetdaisy

Kn swords - downplay abrasivness, and downplay debate just for the sake of having a challenge. I usually see this knight as being very single minded (not narrow, just one path at a time because it's the most direct way from a to b). Not a good "multi-tasker" Smart but not as well informed as his parents-perhaps do some networking or research that expands your knowledge about something? I also feel this knight is in a big hurry - Kn wands is too but he's going to show off every step in some way.

Q wands - be social, think outside the box, be spontaneous - if you have a creative bend (which can take the form of many things - highlight/show it off - not in an in your face kind of way (that's a knight), but in a way that makes others notice casually. (Slept some & daughter was antsy to get my tablet to watch hairstyle videos) Start a project with every intention of completing it but without deadline. Invite others to give input on it during the process. I thought of this with the "casual" comment - it's vague and if your skill is in something you can't wear or display it might be hard.

Pique Dame

I'm not sure if I'm reading the question part of your comment correctly but here's a couple of related thoughts.

To me the swords tend to be more about intellect, or intellectual life, ideas. The Knight of Swords makes me think of a young know-it-all - the art student who has read a bit of Marx and thinks they are a revolutionary, the guy who wades into every conversation with 'well actually'. So quite similar to the comments you've made about it.

In other contexts, it's the card about that whole take-on-the-world thing you feel when you get a big idea and then the sudden realization that you actually have to make this thing work, or that there's this whole body of knowledge that you haven't taken into account. So maybe you've a tendency to not look at the whole picture. I guess similar to the 'speak without thinking' observation.

The energy of the Queen of Wands is entirely different, Passionate but more fully informed. If she's going off the deep end, it's with full knowledge of what she's unleashing. Her feelings are more from the gut, for him, it's an intellectual exercise (and one can be excited about ideas; it's not dispassionate... I'm not sure how to articulate the difference).

I think the knight might be a bit Don Quixote too. Off with flights of fancy. I think the Queen energy is more mature and sustained. She doesn't flit about - she's there for the long haul. The Wands suggest that maybe you need to get a bit more grounded in your feelings, the feelings of others, and the real world events that influence them. Warmth rather than abstraction. And sustained commitment.
Thank you for responding, euripides. I may not have phrased the question very clearly but your answer made sense. Basically, I have had similar experiences to the one you described when encountering a Knight of Swords type and it's not the most favorable impression to make, IMO. So, when it came up as the answer to a question regarding what kind of first impression I'll be making to a group of people in the near future, it wasn't the most welcome sight. So I asked what I could do in order to make the best possible impression and got Queen of Wands. I was mainly trying to gauge whether other ATers felt the same way as I do about that particular knight, and how to be more of a QoW if so. I agree about being more grounded in feelings and not come off as a know-it-all or a Don Quixote. It's probably a good thing I asked the cards so I was at least forewarned.

Kn swords - downplay abrasivness, and downplay debate just for the sake of having a challenge. I usually see this knight as being very single minded (not narrow, just one path at a time because it's the most direct way from a to b). Not a good "multi-tasker" Smart but not as well informed as his parents-perhaps do some networking or research that expands your knowledge about something? I also feel this knight is in a big hurry - Kn wands is too but he's going to show off every step in some way.

Q wands - be social, think outside the box, be spontaneous - if you have a creative bend (which can take the form of many things - highlight/show it off - not in an in your face kind of way (that's a knight), but in a way that makes others notice casually. (Slept some & daughter was antsy to get my tablet to watch hairstyle videos) Start a project with every intention of completing it but without deadline. Invite others to give input on it during the process. I thought of this with the "casual" comment - it's vague and if your skill is in something you can't wear or display it might be hard.
Interesting you mentioned the word 'debate' because I have a sneaking suspicion politics is going to come up, in which case I will likely either bite my tongue and bow out of the discussion or only chime in if asked directly what I think. I definitely agree about the Queen being social. I'm going to make it a point to circle the room and get to know everyone a little bit rather than staying in one spot and waiting for them to talk to me. I do have a creative bend so perhaps play up my artistic attributes. Be sexy but in an understated sort of way. All good advice.

I may just be judging the Knight of Swords too harshly, but he's one archetype I'd rather not viewed as, so thank you both for your input.