9 of cups as a gathering?

mercuryempress

Hi has anyone seen the 9 of cups as a social/gathering?
I currently practice weekly draws and I use my boss as the querent.

For the challenge I pulled the 9 of cups and the page of Swords ( golden rider)
She mentioned to me today that she has her in-laws over and how they are starting to annoy her already

I've personally never seen the 9 of cups as the "company card" but I mean the guy is smiling with a whole bunch of cups as if he is waiting for company.

For challenge I see that she might lose her cool and have diarreha of the mouth probably throwing jabs and having a bit of a smart ass attitude towards the in-laws. (She can also be a very condescending gemini).

decan

The 9 of Cups has the reputation to be a comfortable card, where we feel at ease and satisfied.
The Page of Swords represents a young energy, it isn't a king who sits with confidence. It is possible that this 2 cards show an emotional challenge (Cups suit) because of this Page, not enough sure of herself probably.
She could have to face her in-laws with more confidence, this could be a challenge.

Padma

Well, the Inn-Keeper in the 9 of Cups is seen also as "a host" - so if she is hostessing guests, I can see where the 9 of Cups comes in. It may also show up as a "drinking with guests" kind of scenario, So if she doesn't want to be all Page of Swords on their butts, she's best not to partake herself, and just be the gracious hostess. :) And that can certainly be a challenge, if she feels like a child around them (Page)

ETA to be clear, I think the challenge is remaining gracious around her guests, and while feeling pressured from her guests, who may make her feel defensive and treat her as a child.

mercuryempress

Well, the Inn-Keeper in the 9 of Cups is seen also as "a host" - so if she is hostessing guests, I can see where the 9 of Cups comes in. It may also show up as a "drinking with guests" kind of scenario, So if she doesn't want to be all Page of Swords on their butts, she's best not to partake herself, and just be the gracious hostess. :) And that can certainly be a challenge, if she feels like a child around them (Page)

ETA to be clear, I think the challenge is remaining gracious around her guests, and while feeling pressured from her guests, who may make her feel defensive and treat her as a child.

Thank you Padma yes she did mention losing control in her own home which is making her more defensive. She kinda has to take the back seat to her mother in law.

The 9 of Cups has the reputation to be a comfortable card, where we feel at ease and satisfied.
The Page of Swords represents a young energy, it isn't a king who sits with confidence. It is possible that this 2 cards show an emotional challenge (Cups suit) because of this Page, not enough sure of herself probably.
She could have to face her in-laws with more confidence, this could be a challenge.

Thank you Decan again this makes a lot of sense as far the pages and their insecurity issues .

Grizabella

I look for card combinations and for a gathering of people, the 9 of Cups along with the 4 of Wands in the same spread would indicate a gathering of people more than just the 9 of Cups alone for me.

If it's just a very small spread, then the 9 of Cups might mean not to get uptight. To just enjoy whatever positive things there are in the situation and chill on the rest of it.

mercuryempress

I look for card combinations and for a gathering of people, the 9 of Cups along with the 4 of Wands in the same spread would indicate a gathering of people more than just the 9 of Cups alone for me.

Thank you Grizabella that's an informative tip I'll have to note that