Tabula Mundi Tarot Colores Arcus

wooden-eye

36 Hours to go!
Let's make an extra effort to back our Babalon Jones and keep her creating the greatest decks on Earth. If she can make this one just imagine what might come next???

DDwarks

I got on board today. Couldn't bear not to anymore!

Babalon Jones

almost the 11th hour..and many 11 hour stretches

You guys are, as they used to say in the Worcester/Boston area, wicked pissa :)

(that is a compliment, in case you were wondering)

I have been taking the rest of my "vacation" time, working non stop on making the new card back (you are going to love it with the hologram effect, psyched!!). And getting all the art files ready for the printers.

Plus, working on the stuff for the Babalon edition; the 12 extra zodiacal cards and a fancy new die for the Babalon box. That die is going to be retired after the limited edition, and become a mantelpiece decoration like the die for the deluxe majors wooden box sets. Weird thelemic dies make interesting knick-knacks :cool5:

And all that stuff is only the first few fires that need to be put out! Still to come, the special signature card art and sorting out all the extra gifts for backers.

I have 7 of the 12 extra "secret" zodiacal cards for the Babalon edition done. All three fire and water signs are done, and just finished the cardinal or first air sign Libra. Aquarius up next. Now to decide which ones to show. Miracle of miracles, they work. I never was totally sure if they would, I just assumed HRU's idea was valid while drawing them and had faith that sacred geometry, loosely held, would prevail.

And I can't wait to decompress and surf the aethers again looking for the next inspiration. But that won't be for a while! For now, onward and no resting at least until the next checkpoint!

Rose Lalonde

I see why you had to put vacation in quotes.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Congrats on a well earned success at kickstarter! :) Final day!

Babalon Jones

:)

I know, right? My idea of a vacation involves water, sun, and lounging in a bathing suit, book in one hand, drink in the other. :cool2: But hey, even sitting at a computer cleaning brush hairs off of art scans is better than being at work!

There are only 11 hours left to join in. I'm sure anyone who was interested has seen this already; only mentioning it one last time just in case so no one misses out on the fun. The campaign ends tomorrow morning, August 5th at 7:20 AM EDT.

The updates for backers will continue after the campaign closes though, as I will have more stuff to show. There just hasn't been time to do all the show and tell there is to show, and to tell.

Got the decan combo card for Aquarius done today, and working on Gemini!

Thank you to everyone who has been part of this so far!

illyria

I'm always a fan of your work, and I can't wait for the updates you have for backers! Also, more space has been cleared in my M.M. Meleen corner, in anticipation of the Colores Arcus. :)

Luna's Crone

apology

I want to apologize to you all about being thoughtless about what I said, but it was totally directed to kickstarter and I didn't know I was gripping about it in the wrong thread.

Babalon Jones

No worries, Luna! We are cool :love:

I wanted to share with backers that things are coming along. I'm still working on the 12 extra zodiacal cards for the Babalon edition, one for each sign, and now have all but two of the earth signs done. Yesterday I finished making the card that combines the three decans of Gemini, thank god. That was probably one of the hardest ones, all those swords and all three cards of a difficult mental nature. Today I've just about finished the card for Capricorn.

So now just two earth signs to go, Taurus and Virgo. Once those are done then I will give the 78 art files a final check and send them off to the care of the printers, and it will be ahead of schedule so they can take the time it takes to do it right.

The interesting thing about these cards is that there are multiple ways to combine the three minor cards they are derived from. I just posted some of the process on my blog if anyone wants to see what I mean. http://www.tabulamundi.com/an-infinity-of-secret-zodiacal-cards/

Spiffo

Wow! The new update is so cool. Mel has popped a video of the hologram back up there and it looks Amazing!!!

Oh we are so close.

X⊕X

Luna's Crone

i finally got the poll filled out yesterday and then ordered the balonian thing with no clue what it was. I should stop doing things like that. LOL especially when i have no idea what it costs.