Incense

starlightexp

It's a great thing. The honey dosn't really add much in the way of scent, but I'll let you know that the more refined the sweeter the smoke. It's a great way to have a long lasting, slow burn on the coals as opposed to a quick puff. Let me know how it turns out.

Dancing Bear

starlightexp said:
Over the past few years I've gotten into mixing pure resins and oils to make incense. By using a morter and pestol to grind thing up, then I add a few drops of raw honey to the mix to make a paste. After that I roll them into little balls the size of rabbit droppings and let them 'cure' for about a month and then drop them on a burning coal. It's a heck of alot of fun and leaves you smelling great.

This is a great idea, Coz the pure resin on the coal itself is kinda too smokey and messy.. It set all my smoke alarms off once LOL!!
so i stopped using pure resin, Plus i found you need absolutely so much resin just to get a nice smell... I have quite a bit left over still, so i will try this mixing with Honey sounds like fun..
Thanks for the tip.:D
do you use only one rabbit pellet or more?

starlightexp

Well it dosn't really cut down too much on the smoke but it's lighter smoke if that makes sense. I make them so they are about the size a little bigger then peas and one will last about 15 min and smells wonderful. I tend to make alot of Amber/sandalwood/bergamont and it make me so centered.

blackroseivy

What a wonderful combo THAT sounds like.

I found rosewood to be pretty incredible that way, too...

I will have to try this. :) I collected stuff for a while to learn how to make it to maybe sell it, but that never panned out...

Well - 1 never knows, does one? :D

HearthCricket

So, of all the various brands of Nag Champa, those of you that love it, like me, which is your favourite? Mine still seems to be the one from Satya (?) in the red, blue and white box. I still seem to think it smells best and gives off the least smoke. It perfumes the house nicely, but not overkill.

blackroseivy

Like I said - I love all of Prasad's & their Nag was the only one I ever really took to greatly, actually!

firefrost

I only like the Nag Champa in the red, blue and white box. For me, that is the only one.

I once tried some oil in a lighter blue bottle - I'll never stray again.

starlightexp

Rosewood is very nice, and one only needs a tiny amount because it is just such a strog scent. I've added some Jamsine to it to 'soften' the edges of scent and by adding a little Myth it give it a spice. It comes off as a cool spicy scent if that makes scence.
blackroseivy said:
What a wonderful combo THAT sounds like.

I found rosewood to be pretty incredible that way, too...

I will have to try this. :) I collected stuff for a while to learn how to make it to maybe sell it, but that never panned out...

Well - 1 never knows, does one? :D

Beautiful Luna

Did you all know that Nag Champa makes a body/face soap? I bought it today and I'm going to use it tomorrow morning when I shower! I also bought the incense in the red,white,& blue box and it smells SOO good!!!!! :D:heart:

firefrost

I have a bar of soap permanently on my shelves with my decks, so I smell it when I use them. Traders have often commented on how nice a deck smells when they receive it.

I personally like myself to smell different! ;)