Is the person in 10 of swords suffering?

greeneyed9

My boyfriend ended our 1 year long relationship a week ago. Since then there has been no contact.

I often get 10 of swords in how is he feeling about the whole thing now.

Is 10 of swords the final ending?

Or does it indicate him suffering over the break up?

I use Deviant Moon deck if that helps.

rwcarter

I often get 10 of swords in how is he feeling about the whole thing now.

Is 10 of swords the final ending?

Or does it indicate him suffering over the break up?

I use Deviant Moon deck if that helps.
The question of how he's feeling doesn't address beginnings or endings. That's like asking what kind of apple is that and asking how that relates to driving a Ferrari....

Looking at the imagery of the card, as how he's feeling, I'd say trapped, stuck (literally and figuratively) and likely in pain. But I can't say anything about whether it's the final ending.

HTH,
Rodney

Thirteen

I'm sorry to hear about your break-up.

To me, 10/Swords is beyond suffering. That's kinda the whole idea behind the card. There is a lot of suffering endured by people in the sword's suit, but the 10 says it's all over. That's not to say it was an easy end. It's rather like looking at the body of Julius Caesar. We can say that he undoubtedly suffered a lot while he was being stabbed and stabbed and stabbed....but now he's dead and not suffering any longer.

So, your boyfriend may have felt, during the break-up, like he was taking a lot of stabs and suffering horribly, but there's only so long that anyone can be in pain. Eventually, we go numb or dead to it--or, more to the point, given that the suit is Swords which is about the mind, we stop thinking and dwelling upon it.

He certainly isn't ready to start over again, but he's not in pain. He's gone beyond that state.

angel1109

Sorry to hear about your break up, I know how you feel .

I think if you asked about his feelings, he is very tormented and in pain because its over...

I am in a similar situation to you and I got the same card also when I thought about him and how he feels..

Its a heavy card of despair and ruin so he is by no means in a good place right now. Its not just a card of endings - if it were just that the relationship had finished / final it would be a card like death but this is so graphic and disturbing that it portrays a lot of pain and despair

Hope this helps x

caridwen

Also betrayal and it makes me wonder why he ended it. It may be because of something you did such as cheating or betraying him in some way.

The Nine is the card of the thoughts, the isolation and despair of 3am. The Ten is manifestation so for example being betrayed by a colleague, bad mouthed by your best friend, cheated on by your lover. The worst has happend and it is that feeling of being betrayed and overwhelmed by that betrayal.

Eventually you will have to deal with the situation but you need to drag yourself off the floor first.

Sulis

No he's not suffering - he's suffered but it's over now and he's looking towards the horizon and the new day.

caridwen

No he's not suffering - he's suffered but it's over now and he's looking towards the horizon and the new day.

I disagree. This card has come up for me to represent times when I have been at my lowest ebb. Things can't get any worse and they will get better (hence the sunrise) but for now, I'm in the pit of despair.

It has also come up for me when the bad times are over and a new day is dawning.

Tor

I sense the 10 of swords is at the very change from suffering to something new and better.

I sense one still suffer, but that it feels sort of welcome because one know that it's a process that needs to be finished, and it's also welcome because it gives the freedom of giving up (the joy of death).

Galaxias

I agree with those who say he is both suffering, and his suffering has ended. That is to say, he has reached the lowest of the low, the lowest he can go emotionally, mentally, physically. I wouldn't doubt there would be no contact, honestly, there is so much pain and turmoil in that one image, it would be very difficult to see outside oneself and interact beyond the bare minimum one needs to survive, if that. The imagery indicates a drawn out, brutal sort of death, the kind that leaves twisted corpses. There is no where to go but up, but it will be a hell of a job pulling oneself up from rock bottom. You don't just bounce back, not really- and if you pretended to (say, Three of Cups) you would end up with something like The Tower, knocking you back down and making you address your issues.

Edit:
http://www.masquedman.com/tarotbible/deckdeviant.html This shows the Ten of Swords in the Deviant Moon deck. My interpretation is based off of more traditional decks.

RainatDayBreak

This thread is from a long time ago, and I was just looking at it to help me interpret a recent reading...And I just have to say, my jaw dropped when I saw what Galaxias posted (the post immediately above this one). The three of cups, ten of swords, and the tower all appeared in my reading. The tower was in the position of "where are things headed." Haha, crazy!