Working with Labradorite

Padma

Crystal Study Group: Working with Labradorite

Today I will begin working with DownwardSpiral on Labradorite.

Labradorite is said to be a very soothing and protective stone, repelling negativity and shielding the wearer. It is also said to be hugely beneficial for working with the Tarot, as it enhances intuition; it is said to have magical properties.

You can read about the intended use and properties of Labradorite here: http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/labradorite-crystal.html

Please note, I have no affiliation with the website! I am just using the link as it seems to be the most informative one in regard to healing with gemstones, and copying large blocks of text seems disruptive to me (not to mention exhausting, writing all the text!)

I will be using a ring, bracelet and pendant of Labradorite in my studies. I have just put them on, and I immediately feel like I am wearing armour. The crystal is heavy and substantial, and it feels very cool to the touch. I immediately feel like my nerves are calming down from the buzz of the Kyanite. I feel an overwhelming sense of peacefulness.

More later :)

ETA anyone else who works or has worked with this crystal, please feel free to jump in and add to this thread!

Another ETA: I have just read that it is good for clairaudience, and so I am going to wear the earrings as well, in order to attract this experience. I will also be trying some automatic writing daily, to see if any messages will come to me. :)

Padma

Having an odd day so far! I feel like something is trying to spring from my throat - as though I was too excited to talk, like when you see someone you haven't seen in ages or you win something or whatever - that kind of feeling ;)

Also the insides of my ears were itchy like crazy all morning (they are clean and I have no ear issues normally). At the grocery store, three people thought I had said something to them, and said, "pardon me?" when in actual fact, I had not spoken a word. Very strange!

I feel very balanced. I have put the bracelet on the left arm, the ring on the right finger, have both earrings on, and also pendant at the base of my throat. My throat keeps moving as though I am trying to talk, like some odd twitch. Though I am not personally conscious of trying to make it move.

Interesting, as Labradorite has to do with the opening of the throat chakra...

ETA I am also noting that the crystals are remaining cool to the touch, so do not appear to be soaking up a lot of my body heat.

DownwardSpiral

my experiences today : )

I have to say this is pretty exciting to be studying this crystal together : )

This morning I put my Labradorite in my pocket and although I had the link to read up on its properties....I hadn't read it yet so I wasn't really sure what to expect.

So this is what I experienced today......

Before I left for work I threw out the trash and somehow managed to scrape my index finger...this was bleeding. Then at work before I left for the street I had lifted a tray and managed to scrape my pinky and ring finger (same hand) This not only was bleeding but my pinky didn't want to stop so I finally had to put a band aid on it. LOL then when I was taking my hamper back in the building...not sure if it was a heel or ankle but I managed to hit another worker. Ok so I'm putting this here just in case it becomes relevant.

I found this interesting.....once I got out on the street the UPS guy stopped his truck, looked at me and asked if I needed a hug. We usually only talk if he has to stop where I am. Then a few hours later I heard a voice behind me (it was a maintenance man for one of the buildings) say.....can I help you?

Now this is really interesting....I had no idea about the clairaudience. I work outside so I usually hear an assortment of sounds. I was walking down the block when I realised I was hearing all sorts of things. Not only the birds chirping and the usual planes flying over but I could hear the wind blowing and the cars from the next street over. (Actually I wasn't sure if it was cars or the lake I heard) I was crossing the street and as a woman was pushing her stroller (a few houses away) she ran over something and I heard a pop sound. Then at one of my houses I could hear a washer running but I had no idea where the sound was coming from. It was like someone had turned up the volume a few notches. I even started to hear a high pitched ringing sound. For me this was really amazing because my hearing is awful. 25 years ago I was told I had a 30% loss of hearing in my right ear so I can only imagine what it is now. (I have to say what? alot)

The 11s popped up twice today and I noticed these were linked to events. If I continue to see them I'm going to pay closer attention to what's going on around me.

When I put this in my pocket this morning I wasn't too impressed with the color...it looked kind of greenish and dull. So I was really suprised when I took it out in the sunlight and I got flashes of a really pretty aqua : )

I could definitely feel the energy of this crystal as I felt like my feet were planted firmly so to speak, very much like the axinite. I had a few choice words for my friend and yet I remained fairly calm and was able to stay focused all day.

After I got home from work I had to run to the store and I noticed this on the back of a van....Is your sign up yet? and the number 1-800-get help.

So from scrapes to hugs...asking if I need help.....and then get help. hmm : )

Wintergreen

I don't work with crystals in any deliberate way, but I was given some advice by a psychic this past winter. She told me I was an empath, and that I had very weak defenses against other people's emotions (explains why I can't stand crowds!). She advised me to always keep a piece of blue labradorite with me to protect my energy from being sucked away, as well as to keep me from feeling overwhelmed. I do find it to be effective – I feel much less engulfed in everyone's problems than I used to. I'll be interested to watch this thread to see what you discover!

Padma

Wow. too weird! I posted here, and my post didn't "take" ;p it was 9:11 when I posted.

I had said, Wintergreen, ((((hugs)))) because I know how hard it is to manouvre crowds and things like that. I certainly feel Labradorite is very helpful for things like that, becuase it does shield one. And rather than just watch our posts, Wintergreen, please jump in :) you are very welcome!

I was so interested in DownwardSpirals' experiences, cause they were different in the sense that she is out in the city world, while I am burrowed in the country. So she heard lots of city sounds she would never usually hear, while I heard things that I wouldn't normally - I had a song that was meaningful to me play over and over in my head today, as well as have people think I was talking to them, even though I hadn't opened my mouth.

I also heard a DJ say on the radio today to "watch out for the invisible line". When I heard that, I had been thinking about social lines that we are not supposed to cross. It made the hair on my arm stand up ;p

Also very cool that DownwardSpiral saw the "Labradoressence" in her stone. It is not immediately apparent, but it is there, the stone may look muted - but in the sun, you get an electric light of blue/green going through the stone. It is soooo beautiful...

My friend commented to me today that my ring of Labradorite looked nearly black, but as soon as the sun hit it, she was shocked at the electric blue blur running through it :) so it is a stone that can only be judged in the light. My necklace pendant has a massive check mark shape of bright green in it, but only when the light hits it. So don't be fooled by the opaqueness of the stone - it has many hidden lights :)

My throat has been very excited all day, as though I had just run into an aquaintance that I hadn't seen in a long time. My throat was constantly moving, though I was not speaking. As this stone is meant to open the throat chakra, I felt that was very meaningful!

DownwardSpiral

Hi Wintergreen : )

I'm new to crystals and this study group is just a way to explore the crystals and then share our experiences with each other. So you are more than welcome to "discover" along with us.

I was really suprised to pick up on the energy of this crystal so quickly. I've carried other stones in my pocket (for protection) and not felt like this.

I've also been told I'm an empath so I'll keep what you say in mind and see if it makes a noticible difference.

Padma

DownwardS, this stone speaks so loudly in the sense that even if you hear nothing from your other stones, you will hear THIS stone ;p This is a very very powerful stone. I can't wait to compare notes with you!

And i hope that whomever wants to will jump in here :) the more, the merrier! :D

DownwardSpiral

Also very cool that DownwardSpiral saw the "Labradoressence" in her stone. It is not immediately apparent, but it is there, the stone may look muted - but in the sun, you get an electric light of blue/green going through the stone. It is soooo beautiful...

My friend commented to me today that my ring of Labradorite looked nearly black, but as soon as the sun hit it, she was shocked at the electric blue blur running through it :) so it is a stone that can only be judged in the light. My necklace pendant has a massive check mark shape of bright green in it, but only when the light hits it. So don't be fooled by the opaqueness of the stone - it has many hidden lights :)

Ok I'm guilty in that I still need to read up on this crystal. I also noticed that depending on how I held my stone it reminded me of smokey quartz (very see through) with bands running through it. Then as I turned it...it became very solid (non see through)again. And yes the aqua color is very pretty...but very well hidden unless you let the light shine on it.
I don't know if any of the other crystals have this quality....hahaha ugly one minute......beautiful the next.

Padma

Well, I always think of mine as beautiful, but I totally understand you thinking it was ugly sometimes ;p if I look at mine away from my body, in the sun, they just look yucky brown. But when they are against my flesh, in the sun, they have that magnificent labradoressence going through them, that electric peacock blue. So I always think of them as freaking gorgeous :)

It's an odd stone.

autumn star

I just wanted to chime in because Labradorite is one of my favorite crystals.

I usually wear a pendant when I feel like I need extra protection or if I am going to be involved in situation where I feel vulnerable or there is alot of negativity, it always seems to work :)

I also keep some beside my bed and sometimes under my pillow. I find it helps to stay grounded and can bring - flahes, like insights and intuitions into whatever is on my mind.

According to Micheal Gienger in Crystal Power it is a wonderful illusion killer and fortifies intution.

:)