Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud

claire1805

While roaming the net for Oracle decks that caught my eye, I saw a couple images of the Faeries Oracle and found them to be rather fascinating. Some cards are quite alien-looking, while others appeared quirky or beautiful. The deck has quite a substantial amount of nudity on its cards as well...

There seemed to be a lot of good reviews revolving the deck and the companion book, and I am getting pretty curious...again... Can anyone who own this deck tell me how does it read for them? The artist's portrayal of faeries is definitely out-of-the-norm...

Thank you! >_<

alice_in_wonderland

hi claire!
i own this deck and i would like to mention that this is one of my most favorite decks so far. it has turned out to be eerily accurate, it fascinates me and i believe it has come up with profound answers for me that i wasn't able to get from other decks. i super love this deck and the imagery fits so well once you start getting tuned into it. i would recommend it always. i would also suggest to do one card readings for yourself for few weeks and understand the meanings of one card a day. once you get hold of their meanings you will find the images perfectly apt and resonating!
i know some people don't like this deck at all:) it all depends you know!

also if you live in usa, you can go to half price books if you have this store in your area. they keep this deck pretty much all the time on the shelf, and you will find it in half the price you would normally pay at a big book store or even online. i got mine for 7.99 only!

hope you find what you are looking for from the deck:)

claire1805

Thank you alice_in_wonderland!

hi claire!
i own this deck and i would like to mention that this is one of my most favorite decks so far. it has turned out to be eerily accurate, it fascinates me and i believe it has come up with profound answers for me that i wasn't able to get from other decks. i super love this deck and the imagery fits so well once you start getting tuned into it. i would recommend it always. i would also suggest to do one card readings for yourself for few weeks and understand the meanings of one card a day. once you get hold of their meanings you will find the images perfectly apt and resonating!
i know some people don't like this deck at all:) it all depends you know!

also if you live in usa, you can go to half price books if you have this store in your area. they keep this deck pretty much all the time on the shelf, and you will find it in half the price you would normally pay at a big book store or even online. i got mine for 7.99 only!

hope you find what you are looking for from the deck:)

Thank you for sharing your personal experience and thoughts regarding the deck, alice_in_wonderland >_< I have been searching for my first Oracle deck (I posted a thread here recently) and this deck just came up... I have read positive reviews of it on Amazon but would like to hear about it from dear AT members here.

Too bad I don't live in the US then...hahah... I have to purchase the deck at full price should I intend to get it. Thank you! :heart:

lalalibra

The Faeries Oracle is a fun, magical deck! Not everyone will necessarily agree with me on this, but I seriously look at this deck as it's own category - like you have Tarot decks and oracle decks, but then there is ~ The Faeries Oracle ~ in its own glorious, distinct category (or maybe I just *really* like this deck that much lol). You can approach it as a regular oracle deck if you'd like, but it's a deck for connecting with fae energy and that's what the creators of the deck have intended for the user. How it will read for you is a very personal experience and it's your choice on what to believe. I've also gotten Brian Froud's book "Good Faeries Bad Faeries" as a counterpart to the book in this set. And I've also had some really good readings with it by combining the cards with Tarot too.

To me, the cards are very much alive in their energy, and my better readings with it are when I've taken an open, spontaneous, and interactive approach to the cards. To me, it's not like other decks because the card meanings are especially alive, fluid, and ever-changing - they aren't dead fixed. It has an endless depth to it. It's like talking to a person - a person wouldn't always tell you the same thing (like a pre-recorded audio tape), the response changes all the time given the question/context and the situation... But on second thought, looking at the Faeries' Oracle in this way has actually helped me to translate this view to all my other decks and modes of divination too; using this deck has helped me to get more comfortable with reading intuitively... It's a great deck for discovering your own meanings as you develop a personal relationship with the cards. But that isn't to say that the book meanings don't count, because they do for me - I've found it very useful to commit to studying the book too (having read it multiple times). And plus it's just a pleasure to read; it's written very well and it comes with a lot of instruction on how to connect with the fae and how to meditate and read the deck intuitively in general.

I've spent a lot of time with this deck and, in my experience, I find that doing so is worth it. I absolutely love this deck and I could never be without it. It's one of my top top top favorites. I've already gushed about it in numerous places across this forum lol. The book is a lovely hardcover and the book and cards smell great. (I don't care how weird that sounds, they smell so good haha! They have a distinct lovely paper smell!!) I love the quality. I think it's worth every penny.

(Hope it's okay for me to include this link...) I suggest reading this interview with Jessica Macbeth, the woman who wrote the book for this set. I think it's really informative and it may help you get to know more about the deck and whether or not you think it would be right for you. http://jamesricklef.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/deck-creator-forum-faeries-oracle/

Well wishes! :)

JustLearningTarot

I totally LOVE this deck. I have three different Tarot decks and this Faries Oracle plays a big part in many readings I have done over the years. I instantly connected with this deck, it was what I needed to compliment my tool chest. The way I see it is that this deck for me tends to help me understand more of a spiritual/emotional side of things. Whenever I am really wanting to dig deeper spiritually with a reading, I go for these cards hands down. My RW Tarot is great for general physical things in life (money, home, job type questions), my Mystic Faries do great for love and romantic questions, and my favorite deck the Dreamers Journal Tarot does great for any life questions, but when it comes to spiritual or deep emotional questions, I do LOVE this Oracle Faries deck - its amazing. The artwork I get lost in still and I have had this for about 3 years or more. Every time I pull one, I just stare, then remember that I am reading not just getting lost in them. They all have their own depth to them, Brian did an amazing job with them all, but the blank one - lol.

Hope that helps. All the best JLT