Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

FLizarraga 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylla View Post
Thank you cSpaceDiva !

150 EURO?! (that's $229 CAN!) (and I guess the deck is not even boxed) Plus shipping?! Forget it! [saying to self] Why do you have to buy a scarf too when you just want a deck?!?
Sorry that's a rip off! (taking advantage of people's love for tarot). Nowadays when there are so many great decks out there and many more to come - hm.
To be fair, that's the large format, shorter run deck, so the price of the scarf is not really added to it. (Their silk scarves are not cheap, and I don't see a reason why they should be.)
Top   #61
Citizen

rylla 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
The deck is boxed.
Ah! Good. I wish they would sell without the scarf. Than they could reduce the price by at least 20 Euro (= the cost of shipping) and ship it for free Or give you the option to by it with the scarf or without it (anyway you can add a scarf to your order any time). Wondering how many people care if a scarf is limited edition or not and that is going to go OOP?
Top   #62
Citizen

JylliM 
Citizen

It's a luxury item. It's not like they're charging us for water or baby formula or something. They can charge what the market will bear and people who can't afford it might be a bit sad, or even a bit cross about it, but they will survive quite satisfactorily!

I personally think it's a good thing in any area that there are those who endeavour to make something of the highest standard. It's a Good Thing that they are striving for beauty and pushing the boundaries with their techniques (cold stamping, carbon inner layers). I was able to appreciate a display of Stradivarius instruments at the Ashmolean Museum even though I kinda couldn't afford one of my own (got a cool $20 million lying around, anyone?). Their existence enriches the world.
Top   #63
Goodbye :(

littlethings 
Goodbye :(

I'm happy there will be two options. I'll be getting the standard version.
Top   #64
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylla View Post
Ah! Good. I wish they would sell without the scarf. Than they could reduce the price by at least 20 Euro (= the cost of shipping) and ship it for free Or give you the option to by it with the scarf or without it (anyway you can add a scarf to your order any time). Wondering how many people care if a scarf is limited edition or not and that is going to go OOP?
rylla, the standard IS without the scarf.... You have to pay extra for one, if you want it wit the standard deck.
Top   #65
Citizen

FLizarraga 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JylliM View Post
It's a luxury item. It's not like they're charging us for water or baby formula or something. They can charge what the market will bear and people who can't afford it might be a bit sad, or even a bit cross about it, but they will survive quite satisfactorily!

I personally think it's a good thing in any area that there are those who endeavour to make something of the highest standard. It's a Good Thing that they are striving for beauty and pushing the boundaries with their techniques (cold stamping, carbon inner layers). I was able to appreciate a display of Stradivarius instruments at the Ashmolean Museum even though I kinda couldn't afford one of my own (got a cool $20 million lying around, anyone?). Their existence enriches the world.
I don't think anyone is against Baba's high-end options, not really. What is being debated is their current lack of the mid-to-lower options that made their decks so popular in the past.
Top   #66
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
I don't think anyone is against Baba's high-end options, not really. What is being debated is their current lack of the mid-to-lower options that made their decks so popular in the past.
That's exactly it. I have some of the high end ones - I'm not saying don't buy them, not for a moment. But for so many people who have longed for a Prague they could afford, this must hurt.
Top   #67
Citizen

JylliM 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
That's exactly it. I have some of the high end ones - I'm not saying don;t buy them, not for a moment. But for so many people who have longed for a Prague they could afford, this must hurt.
Yeah, I get that. My point is that it's their prerogative to publish what they wish, and I'd hate for them to be discouraged from doing so because of complaints.
I can't afford their decks, really. I'm in the camp which chooses to starve if there's a deck I really want which is expensive. I drive a clapped out car, but I got the Alice for Christmas! I have the luxury of being able to prioritise, where in the past ONE mass produced deck necessitated real sacrifice. I really do understand what it's like to have next to nothing to live on, so I'm not talking from a snobbish point of view.
I just want them to do what they want to do.
Top   #68
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

I'm more than happy to have high quality, top notch tarot decks. The production levels will of course be 5 star. These things cost money, so of course it is going to be more expensive than a Llewellyn deck. I'm fine with that. Easy mathematics; I didn't buy the last four Llewellyn decks and - hey poncho - I have enough money left for a deck I love.

Much of this sounds like tantrums. Of course there are things we can't afford in life and we're free to comment all we like. Can't afford a Chanel dress? Get the H&M cheaper version. But it's not the same. Dead right, it's not the same. But that's what you do in life.

Can I go off topic and wonder why Rolex and Cartier don't do a cheaper range for people like me? Like JylliM, I also just want MRP to do what they do. And I'm fine with a scarf - it'll make a great spreadcoth.
Top   #69
Citizen

FLizarraga 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
I'm more than happy to have high quality, top notch tarot decks. The production levels will of course be 5 star. These things cost money, so of course it is going to be more expensive than a Llewellyn deck. I'm fine with that. Easy mathematics; I didn't buy the last four Llewellyn decks and - hey poncho - I have enough money left for a deck I love.

Much of this sounds like tantrums. Of course there are things we can't afford in life and we're free to comment all we like. Can't afford a Chanel dress? Get the H&M cheaper version. But it's not the same. Dead right, it's not the same. But that's what you do in life.

Can I go off topic and wonder why Rolex and Cartier don't do a cheaper range for people like me? Like JylliM, I also just want MRP to do what they do. And I'm fine with a scarf - it'll make a great spreadcoth.
You are missing the point. But I wonder if you are doing it on purpose, since you seem to have been a longtime Baba customer and know their trajectory.
Top   #70

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.