Tarot in Movies

Junia

Dharma & Greg

Originally posted by Tarotbear -"I want a reading room with a built-in cape and headdress like Solitaire has!" How about Solitaire who goes with the room?

Saw a rerun of this the other day where Dharma's mother throws the cards because she is afraid for Greg to fly somewhere. I think the deck is Rider-Waite. Mom is sitting on Greg's desk and makes him hold a crystal to his male member while she reads. The plane makes it there okay but the one on the way home has trouble landing and crashes. Pretty funny. One of my fav's.

tarotbear

Junia said:
Originally posted by Tarotbear -"I want a reading room with a built-in cape and headdress like Solitaire has!" How about Solitaire who goes with the room?

***ribbing Junia back *** I want that outfit to wear for myself! LOL! (I do have a Jane Seymour as Solatiare doll, but she's in a red dress and not the cape outfit.)

Have you ever seen my 'Mr. Wizard outfit' or my 'basic black with too much jewelry'? ~ Walter Mercardo - be damned! LOL!

Attachments

• wizhead1.jpg
    wizhead1.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 300
  • headshot3.jpg
    headshot3.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 290

Strange2

The Hellboy movie featured a brief scene where Professor Brunholm (Hellboy's father figure) consulted a Tarot deck when getting the medical diagnosis on his ill health. Of course, he drew the Death card.

The deck appeared to be a prop/made-up deck for the movie. See scans in the following thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=39835

Junia

This one made my day-thanks

TarotBear Quote "Have you ever seen my 'Mr. Wizard outfit' or my 'basic black with too much jewelry'? ~ Walter Mercardo - be damned! LOL!"

I looked at your link. I think w/the Mr. Wizard outfit you have out-Trumps Solitaire. Maybe we should write a Jane Bond series and you can be Tarrocco or something.
What a scream that broach is killer. Thanks for sharing!

Also, Strange2, I saw Hellboy and completely missed the Tarot reference got to go back and have another look!

Love and Cups of Ten you Jokers (sorry Tarotbear character can't be that one it's taken Batman movies),

Junia

Fairawen

Ha. I once saw this really stupid movie (not offending those who like it, but it was really too slaher-like for me) that was about demons or something.

Well, I think it was the second movie in the series, but these demons (i theform of young-ish guys) are, in the one part, terrorizing this one girl who, earilier in the movie, was giving a reading for her friend. Of course, the Death card showed up in the future. *sigh* And, the demons later kill her sickeningly with her own tarot cards, making them magiclly float, spin around at horrible speeds, then slam into her body. Her face went first actually.

I actually watched it befoe I was into tarot. I remember sitting there as a card sliced into her head and stuck there, flinching and exclaiming, "Ew!" You think that'd deter me from looking up tarot. No way! :)

Still, it was gross. Too slashy. Dang Sci-Fi Channel does have some good movies on, (Dune! And the new three part Dune is really good too...) but they tend to have alot of junk. Like that. *sigh*

~Fairawen~

Grigori

There was a 2 minute tarot reading on "Home and Away" a local soap show the other day. The reader was a fairly normal looking person, and there were no death cards or towers :eek:

She did however prophesy disaster (of course that is all that happens on this soap, so we can forgive that). It didn't show the cards she was using, but her "tent" was walled with stage-curtain like blue velvet, with the huge rider waite cards pinned all over it.

The querant was Rebecca Cartwright (Lleyton Hewitts fiance for those of you who watch tennis).

tarotbear

Junia said:
TarotBear Quote "Have you ever seen my 'Mr. Wizard outfit' or my 'basic black with too much jewelry'? ~ Walter Mercardo - be damned! LOL!"

What a scream that broach is killer. Thanks for sharing! Junia

That brooch is a rather expensive bauble - it cost me most of a weeks' salary! Called 'The Equinox Pin' it was created by a fanastic jewelry company called 'Lunch at the Ritz.' In real life ~ enamelled and jeweled moon connected to a smaller sun by three multicolored rhinestone strands, with dangling enamelled and rhinestoned doo-dads ~ is quite stunning. I wear it for funerals. {No! I am not kidding! The first time I wore it was to the funeral for my partner of ten years, and have worn it to any funeral I have attended since.}

"Tarrocco" ~ I like that! Not a bad 'stage name,' actually! :smoker:

Junia

Sorry about your partner TarotBear. Ten years also out trumps any of my relationships (what a hardship). Never had a physical death yet, but there were a couple of times I'd like to have killed one or the other (Tower where is my Tower card;-) ). Does that broach only go to funerals? It would be a great lot of fun at wakes (along w/the costume) although I think that they'd compete for the attention. And the broach would probably like a little trip to a wedding or commitment ceremony once in a while.

Fairawen what was the title of the movie?

I still think that we ought to do something Tarot for Sundance (interview the guys with the Vampire Tarots, etc.) and T-Bear could wear his costume!

Then, you would all have to come to Utah and eat Jello salads (or Jello shooters) and we'd have slumber parties in our jammies and roll in the snow.

Love and Cups of Ten,

Junia

tarotbrat

Not a movie but a music video

I am not sure if they were tarot cards, but in the video "Ain't if funny" performed by Jennifer Lopez, she approaches a gypsy camp and has her cards read by the Spanish gypsy. I saw 3 cards drawn, 1 man, 1 woman, and a heart with an arrow going through it. No words on the cards, just pictures. I am not sure if the cards were just prop cards or a real deck. If it is a real deck, I would sure love to see the rest of the cards. Anyone seen the video? I would like to find out if anyone knows the deck.

tarotbear

I wear it to do tarot parties where the 'Mr. Wizard' would be the wrong direction to go in. It says "Yes, I'm Gay, and Yes, I am the tarot reader here!"

I've worn it with a jacket (Moon as a bolo with Sun on lapel) to receive a costume award - makes a statement in itself. One Halloween at work where a costume would have been in my way, I wore it with a wizard hat - most people got the idea.