Mortar and pestle

yannie

Never heard of this one but it makes sense! I have a granite mortar and pestle that I keep apart for practical storage reasons and some days I feel like the mortar is telling me it misses the pestle. (It originally belonged to my grandmother who always keep them together)

P.S. I assume you're Indonesian/Malaysian/Singaporean?

Yeah in my childhood the M&P was never seen separated... I'm
Singaporean. Nonya grandmother was from Malacca though.

soot

Yeah in my childhood the M&P was never seen separated... I'm
Singaporean. Nonya grandmother was from Malacca though.
Hello from up north! Malaysian here :)

I'm totally going to go talk to my mum about putting them back together. Also the not washing with soap bit. I don't do witchy things with them but both me and my mother love the M&P to bits and won't want them to feel sad or lonely. So glad I came across your post! Thanks

yannie

Hello from up north! Malaysian here :)

I'm totally going to go talk to my mum about putting them back together. Also the not washing with soap bit. I don't do witchy things with them but both me and my mother love the M&P to bits and won't want them to feel sad or lonely. So glad I came across your post! Thanks

Well hello! Actually I'm not sure if the not washing with soap bit applies to us. We're Straits-born :laugh: I suppose I could ask a few Malays and Chinese I know personally who also use the M&P how they wash theirs. Your mother might know better too!