Repeat cards popping up for relationships...

treestar

So I had devil and tower the kept popping up for a new relationship that ended up lasting years..ended up burning my first deck of cards over this because I thought it was the tarot itself that was bad vibes and not doing tarot til 10 years later (tsk tsk i know..); super unhealthy relationship he had a very negative impact on my well being, complete chaos in my life...I've had some interesting ones come up for a recent one...

King of Wands <---this one confuses me...the week I met this person I found a king of wands (from a regular card deck) off the ground in public...and months before I kept getting king of wands in reads for general future...also now this pops up alot in regards to the relationship but the thing is he's not a king of wands. XD He's very sexual passionate giving and loving protective but he's less firey and very sensitive empathic like the king or queen of cups depending on the day than I'd imagine king of wands to be so I'm confused? Also as of present I'm not a king of wands in personality. The relationship itself is not wands driven either more would be pentacles or cups I'd say...Perhaps the relationship teach me how to be more king of wands or is the relationship itself king of wands?

Devil :( ; we've been off and on.. alot of codepency behavior and over attachment to ideals and imho eachother on both sides also alot of restrictions as to what we can do together right now. I'd see this as an unhealthy relationship card or one that's based on sex, but the relationship is not sex based we have a good level of respect for one another...could be unhealthy at times especially with codependency. One of the songs we connected on was a song that I see as being about the devil card in tarot. -__- Does this always mean not letting go of something that's bad for you?

10 of pentacles (pops up for future) repeat. We've had alot of discussion about family and kids. I kind of seeing this as the growing old together big family married with kids sort of deal but that may just be hopes and dreams...:p

Also Empress and Emporer pops up together for me in regards to this relationship and another reading I had on this, but the emporer frightens me a bit he seems so cold and detached which this person can be so I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't see it as perfect couple like some readers say I see it as a mismatch where both individuals are so different and little in common other than love for eachother and their family. They probablly bicker and roll their eyes alot at eachother as well. lol If they represent a spiritual aspect of the relationship that is accurate I could see it as two people who force eachother to grow alot and have alot of mutual love and respect which we do...

Interpretations would be lovely! I started tarot way way back in high school and if I'd listened to the cards then I wouldve spared myself alot of chaos and drama the ensued by commiting myself to someone who kept getting all the darker cards. -___- (I'd interpreted the tower of that relationship that kept poppig up as a well needed change even though my gut said it was bad) So I know this one is better but I'd love to hear opinions for what these cards mean in relationships or any intuitive insights on these. Please share warning or postivity I just appreciate honesty! Thanks

Sulis

Moderator note.

So, to make sure this is in the right place; These are all repeating cards over many readings? This is not a complete reading?

Your Readings if is for complete readings only.
In Using Tarot Cards you can discuss up to half of a reading, general card meanings or repeating cards.

Let me know and I'll move the thread if necessary.

Could you also say which deck you're using?

Sulis - moderator

treestar

Yes please move the thread, it's not a complete reading. I'm using rider waite.

Grizabella

In the psychology of Carl Jung, archetypes are the images, patterns, and symbols that rise out of the collective unconscious and appear in dreams, mythology, and fairy tales.

I googled the term "archetypes" and that's what I found. Since you mention co-dependency between you, and since these two archetypes--Emperor and Empress---recur, I'd say that possibly both of you are wanting to be in total control of whatever happens in the relationship and in life together. I'm an alcoholic in recovery but I'm also recovering from co-dependent behaviors and I was the ultimate control freak for a lot of my life. I think if it were possible, I'd say I was even "sicker" as a co-dependent than as an alcoholic but I was certainly both, at any rate. The Emperor and Empress each are most likely the type A personality and in control of large matters. Their relationship can be entered into as more of a political match than a love match. For average relationships, I go more by the Court cards rather than the Majors.

The 10's of the suit are endings. They're the culmination of the suit and I see them as meaning the situation has gone as far as it can and stopped there. That can be a positive thing or a negative thing, depending on circumstances. It could mean a solid, wealthy, well-established family or relationship or it could mean having reached to end of a family's lineage, (no heir to a family name) or that you've reached as high as you can go in your profession.

The Devil is, to me anyway, co-dependency, abusive relationships, addictive substances or people, enslavement that's gone too far in a BDSM type of relationship, etc. Some people see it as being a healthy romp in the hay just for the sake of it, but I don't usually see it like that.

treestar

In the psychology of Carl Jung, archetypes are the images, patterns, and symbols that rise out of the collective unconscious and appear in dreams, mythology, and fairy tales.

I googled the term "archetypes" and that's what I found. Since you mention co-dependency between you, and since these two archetypes--Emperor and Empress---recur, I'd say that possibly both of you are wanting to be in total control of whatever happens in the relationship and in life together. I'm an alcoholic in recovery but I'm also recovering from co-dependent behaviors and I was the ultimate control freak for a lot of my life. I think if it were possible, I'd say I was even "sicker" as a co-dependent than as an alcoholic but I was certainly both, at any rate. The Emperor and Empress each are most likely the type A personality and in control of large matters. Their relationship can be entered into as more of a political match than a love match. For average relationships, I go more by the Court cards rather than the Majors.

The 10's of the suit are endings. They're the culmination of the suit and I see them as meaning the situation has gone as far as it can and stopped there. That can be a positive thing or a negative thing, depending on circumstances. It could mean a solid, wealthy, well-established family or relationship or it could mean having reached to end of a family's lineage, (no heir to a family name) or that you've reached as high as you can go in your profession.

The Devil is, to me anyway, co-dependency, abusive relationships, addictive substances or people, enslavement that's gone too far in a BDSM type of relationship, etc. Some people see it as being a healthy romp in the hay just for the sake of it, but I don't usually see it like that.

Wow interesting (for the emporer and empress.) I never thought of it like that. I do not like or want control in the relationship, he is more the emporer type for that. He on the other hand I can tell likes to take the lead on things and I'm happy to follow...not in a controlling way but moreso just enjoying being in charge and putting order to things. Finding order and structure isn't my strong suit unfortunately, so I will gladly give up control to someone who is actually good at putting things together. He is more of the logical rational builder and putting into actioner XD I do not see empress as controlling in any way. She is a nurturer and she longs to help and care for others, it is not control on her part but moreso an air of confidence and competence in wanting to serve. Her nature I believe is towards openness and compromise, she is not driven by ego and pride at the end of the day.

I do think the structure aspect you're feeling (of emperor and empress) will manifest a bit differently; there's been alot of talk of putting order to things, family, the future, merging together, and creating something solid so I think it's less about controlling eachother and more about creation together, but as you could imagine, that kind of weight can create tremendous pressure for the couple.

When I spoke of codependency in this I meant there was a problem with overgiving and caring too much about the other person and sacrificing your well being in the name of another (putting your partner on an unrealistic pedastle) There is no excessive control in the situation..I think controlling behavior comes from a lack of trust and I believe there is a good deal of trust here. but I think codependency manifests differently for each person...For me it's over giving, over caring, putting others needs before my own, relying on my partner for my satisfaction etc. I just find the tarot couple confusing still as people will say it's ideal but emporer and empress are opposites it seems, I don't know what they relate on other than love and family.

I don't think it's your average relationship lol very unusual for both of us in ALOT of ways..

I would however agree with your view of the devil. ;) I don't see it as a healthy romp...I think the devil always speaks of addiction of some form or at the least something that can manifest as addiction; being chained and being powerless to another (thing person idea).