How does your garden grow '07!

yaraluna

i love gardening but with my hectic summer schedule things get bad. we did plant lots of flowers and sunflowers came up from last year's crop. also, zuchini, chamomile, and some nicotine type plants from the south...Chilean climbing flower.

unfortunately, i don't know yet how to grow a herb garden. i have tried year after year and they just don't happen. only one year about 5 years ago my herb garden grew to some extend. any tips on herb gardens is appreciated.

for this fall i will be planting bulbs since that is one of my favorite things in the garden.

ayra

Guiding Cauldron

depending on where in canada you are you may need a coldframe to start your herbs in early spring that way by the time your warmer weather gets there your herbs have a great headstart and youll have bits all summer! :)

sadly this is my last year for a garden until we move next year to canada then i have to wait and see where we're living to see if i can have a garden next year :)

yaraluna

sunshineluvr said:
depending on where in canada you are you may need a coldframe to start your herbs in early spring that way by the time your warmer weather gets there your herbs have a great headstart and youll have bits all summer! :)

sadly this is my last year for a garden until we move next year to canada then i have to wait and see where we're living to see if i can have a garden next year :)

thanks for the tip. where in canada are you moving to??!! how exciting!

yara

HearthCricket

My black-eyed Susans have come up lovely, this year, and we added more in other parts of the garden, too. They mix nicely with coneflower and catmint! Very cheerful faces!

morticia monroe

When David and I were married, he planted a huge vegetable garden every year. I can't think of a vegetable we DIDN'T have. I was the one who canned the tomatoes, made the salsa, made pickles, picked the berries and made jelly (mayhaw, blackberry, dewberry, huckleberry, muscadine, scuppernong). He had the greenest thumb, and he just LOVED working in the soil, he was very spiritual, and was always most at peace and happiest when he was digging and planting, cultivating, giving the Earth love...
Funny thing was, he's a Hell's Angel. Everyone thinks of them as horrible, evil people. He had one of the best souls I've ever known, and we raised four children. Mother Earth sure did love him,, she produced like crazy.

Guiding Cauldron

shapeing the topiary, stocking the wood for the outside fireplace and just enjoying as next year is up in the air as far as gardening goes :)

ravenest

Bio-Dynamics.

I just got a job at Bio-Dynamic Association Australia.

Does anyone here use these processes in their gardening, growing, etc?