Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

EPIPHANY! A New Take on the Major Arcana

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards


 
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdork
I laid out my Mythic (for which I've lost the book). It came out a little differently than you described, and I think the cards were in their original order. SO annoying that they're not annotated with a number or a traditional Majors name or the god's name or anything. But that one dude HAD to be Prometheus, whom I didn't see on your list. This is the only example I've looked at with a "re-ordered," or to be PC, "differently-ordered" (or to be deck from the TdM or RWS decks that I've seen, and the Seven Stations / Three Paths perspective seems not to be holding up. Which tells us... that this array IS somehow correlated to the Golden Dawn system(s)? or that it's just a coincidence that breaks down when you put the Majors back in their "real" order?
K. The weekend got away from me. I didn't have a chance to play with the Seven Stations, although I did massage the dangerdorkdoc so that it's now 37 pages instead of 43. Now I'm going to HAVE to find time tonight (otherwise I won't have time til Friday) to lay out the Mythic Tarot and see what I can see.

From what I remember, Prometheus is the Hanged Man, if that's the card you're talking about.

BTW, dangerdork, I have an extra copy of the book if you want it.

Rodney
Top   #101
fyreflye's Avatar
fyreflye  fyreflye is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 Oct 2003
Location: Turtle Island, USA
Posts: 1,530
fyreflye 
Citizen

fyreflye's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter
Believe me, I'm far from a Microsoft groupie (my heart belongs to Apple, but my soul belongs to Microsoft and Dell ). Anyone who doesn't have Word can still download a free Word Reader from the Evil Empire that will allow them to open and print Word docs without being able to edit them.

Rodney
Thanks for your good intentions, but not only my heart but my OS belongs to Apple and Micro$oft does not offer a Word Viewer for Macintosh.
Top   #102
dangerdork  dangerdork is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2002
Location: Columbus OH USA
Posts: 369
dangerdork 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyreflye
Thanks for your good intentions, but not only my heart but my OS belongs to Apple and Micro$oft does not offer a Word Viewer for Macintosh.
Ahhhhh yesssss Grasshopper:

The Path of the Apple; The Path of the Gates; and the path of... um. Linux. hrrrrrmmm... I'm working on it.

ETA. Hmmmmmm. Linux is an anagram for "IN LUX." So there.
Top   #103
Sheri  Sheri is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 Jan 2006
Posts: 5,270
Sheri 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter
Believe me, I'm far from a Microsoft groupie (my heart belongs to Apple, but my soul belongs to Microsoft and Dell ). Anyone who doesn't have Word can still download a free Word Reader from the Evil Empire that will allow them to open and print Word docs without being able to edit them.

Rodney
Open Office is free and includes a completely compatible word processor with Microsoft Word. I have used it for years with documents that come from my work that is all Microsoft. It also has drawing, painting programs, and an Excel clone.

It is very easy to install also. Apples use the Unix version so you should install X11 on your computer (also very easy).

There is also a Linux and Microsoft version as well

OpenOffice.org


valeria
Top   #104
fyreflye's Avatar
fyreflye  fyreflye is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 Oct 2003
Location: Turtle Island, USA
Posts: 1,530
fyreflye 
Citizen

fyreflye's Avatar

I have NeoOffice, an open source version of OpenOffice that doesn't require installation of X11. If I can read Word with it then fine. But at the same time, converting AT threads to a printable version and downloading them as text files is much simpler and takes less than a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria
Open Office is free and includes a completely compatible word processor with Microsoft Word. I have used it for years with documents that come from my work that is all Microsoft. It also has drawing, painting programs, and an Excel clone.

It is very easy to install also. Apples use the Unix version so you should install X11 on your computer (also very easy).

There is also a Linux and Microsoft version as well

OpenOffice.org


valeria
Top   #105
dangerdork  dangerdork is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2002
Location: Columbus OH USA
Posts: 369
dangerdork 
Citizen

Are you guys hinting for me to write a book already?
Top   #106
Sheri  Sheri is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 Jan 2006
Posts: 5,270
Sheri 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyreflye
I have NeoOffice, an open source version of OpenOffice that doesn't require installation of X11. If I can read Word with it then fine. But at the same time, converting AT threads to a printable version and downloading them as text files is much simpler and takes less than a minute.
True I was mainly offering a suggestion for those who have no MS Word alternative.
Top   #107
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdork
Are you guys hinting for me to write a book already?
Hinting like a ton of bricks....

Off to lay out the Robin Wood and Mythic decks in the Seven Stations layout and see what I can see.

Rodney
Top   #108
dangerdork  dangerdork is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2002
Location: Columbus OH USA
Posts: 369
dangerdork 
Citizen
Get out your decoder rings


http://www.world-mysteries.com/awr_alchemy.htm#Seven
Attached Images
  
Top   #109
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdork
I laid out my Mythic (for which I've lost the book). It came out a little differently than you described, and I think the cards were in their original order. SO annoying that they're not annotated with a number or a traditional Majors name or the god's name or anything. But that one dude HAD to be Prometheus, whom I didn't see on your list. This is the only example I've looked at with a "re-ordered," or to be PC, "differently-ordered" deck from the TdM or RWS decks that I've seen, and the Seven Stations / Three Paths perspective seems not to be holding up.
The correct order for the Mythic Tarot in the Seven Stations Layout is:

Hidden Path:
Emperor/Lovers/Temperance/Wheel of Fortune/Devil/Moon/World

Inner Path:
Empress/Hierophant/Justice/Hermit/Death/Star/Judgement

Outer Path:
Magician/High Priestess/Chariot/Strength/Hanged Man/Tower/Sun

I'm about to see if those cards make sense to me in the Seven Stations Layout.

Rodney

Editted to correct the positions of the Sun and Moon, which I've had wrong in my notes for almost 12 years!
Top   #110


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.