Current Fey users

Cthathem

I'd be happy to add to the topic :) .. gotta wait for my delivery of this fine deck though... hope I ordered the correct one. I'll check back either as soon as I get the deck .. or as soon as someone posts something interesting :D ..

(Like elf I wanna be informed, so I've got to post here..)

Let the fey dance ;)

mooncat2

Count me in - the Fey and I have become great friends!

Jewel

faunabay said:
The fey are always with me. (I'm on my second deck because I wore out the first one LOL) I use them in many ways, but am always up for other ideas!!
- I draw one or two to have on my headboard at night.
- I do readings with them - regular spreads and faery based spreads
- I will also draw one to help me do my readings with the Fairy Ring Oracle. They always add alot to the reading!!!
- Sometimes I just draw one to be with me throughout the day.

Faunabay, she means the Fey tarot by LS not the Faeries Oracle ~giggles~ ... but you also do use your Fey tarot and should join the game *LOL*

Lunalafey, I'm game! I have used the deck for writting stories more than anything but I love it and would jump on new chances to explore it.

RiccardoLS

I'm here as well... even if not with continuity.

Ric

Cthathem

Mh, I might try the application of tarot cards as "Tarot Story Telling Tools" tonight. Well, I guess it could be fun using the cards as input for ideas and story hooks... though i didn't give it much thought 'till now.

Well hey, maybe it works fine. Gotta wait still for my Fey Tarot deck... :( phew.. how two weeks can be horribly long...

dadsnook2000

Count me in.

Luna -- I've started to use my Fey deck. However, during the summer I am often away from my computer, actually at the seashore, for one or two weeks at a time. My response to any new exercises will be intermitent until September. Dave.

Rhiannon

I just got it! :) ((((((((((Logiatrix))))))))))

I will try to participate, but with work I might be intermittent as well.

R :)

dadsnook2000

A suggestion

I have been reading a book that was reviewed this month by AT, "What Tarot can do for you" by Barbara Moore. This is really a nice small book addressing the many ways in which tarot can be used in many aspects of life.

One of the many suggestions the author covers is that of getting at the heart of what a card really means. Not just any card, but one that either bothers you, shows up often in your readings, or comes up often in daily draws. Her suggested method involves letter writing. I'll give an illustration from the book . . .

This relates to the Ten of Pentacles and is in letter form.
To the Lady of the Pentacles
My Lady,
You and your lovely family have been showing up in my readings very consistently for some months. Can you tell me why? Being uprooted, nearly a thousand miles from my family and friends, living in a small apartment with my new husband, working all the time to make ends meet, being thousands of dollars in debt, and seeing my life passing quickly before my eyes, I have a hard time with you and yours taunting me in my readings. Any light you can shed will be much appreciated. Yours respectfully, Theresa.

This letter states the feelings and outlook of the reader. A second letter, the reply, completes the exercise of discovering what the card's deeper meaning includes.

Dear Theresa,
My family and I are very blessed. Throughout the years we have managed our resources, made mistakes, suffered setbacks, but we have always practiced the art of gratitude. If you look closely at your life, you will see that although distance separates you and many of your loved ones, you still enjoy strong, loving relationships with them and are building a strong marriage with your new husband. You do work a lot, but you have work that you enjoy (and remember that no job is perfect). Look also at how far you've come in achieving your financial goals. Your home -- if not exactly your dream house -- is certainly a sanctuary where you and your husband are comfortable and can enjoy your pursuits. We are trying to tell you that the Ten of Pentacles is a state of both actuality and perception. Practice seeing your life in terms of what you have, not what you think you want, while moving ahead toward your goals. Count your blessings, The Lady of the Pentacles.

This second letter requires stepping out of yourself and into the card character, and then using the cards environment (such as it may be) to support the character's outlook on life. Doing this "role playing" leads you into the card's meanings.

This may be one of the exercises that we could launch next. I hope that several suggestions can be put forward so that we all can, as a group, progress in our understanding of tarot in general and this unique Fey Tarot deck in particular. Dave.

faunabay

Jewel said:
Faunabay, she means the Fey tarot by LS not the Faeries Oracle ~giggles~ ... but you also do use your Fey tarot and should join the game *LOL*

OOPS!! Silly me!!! LOL
OK, so I get confused sometimes!! (giggles)

But like Jewel said, I do use my Fey deck almost as much as my Faeries Oracle so I can still definitely join in!!! :D

lunalafey

Re: A suggestion

dadsnook2000 said:

This may be one of the exercises that we could launch next. I hope that several suggestions can be put forward so that we all can, as a group, progress in our understanding of tarot in general and this unique Fey Tarot deck in particular. Dave.

I like this. I was thinking of something simular as well to go along with the book I have been reading.
I also bounced somethings in Mooncats direction and she too had some idea that where compatable with the thoughts I had.

All of our ideas have a common link- getting at soemthing that bothers us. Aspects in ones life that are 'dark' and need some light & cheer of the Fey.
I was thinking the other night, that each of us can choose an event in our past that bothered us deeply and needed some resolution of sorts- then find a car that for what-ever reason reminds us of that event.
Then get into discussing the how and why- rally have not gotten to much more into it than that- still reading the book and flitering ideas.