YAPS Spread

tartanwolf

YAPS stands for: Yet Another Pet Spread :)

I have lots of pets and the people i associate with tend to have lots too, so I decided I would like to try to create my own pet spread. This is what I came up with:

Layout:

--1--2--
3--7--4
-5---6--

If you imagine 3,1,2,4 as toe prints, and 5,6,7 as the pad, you have a paw print?

Interpretation:

Card 1: The Pet
Card 2: The Owner
Card 3: The Pets past emotions
card 4. The Pets future emotions
Card 5: The Pets health
Card 6: What is to be learned (both pet and owner)
Card 7: The summary (overview and any additional info from this card)

Any thoughts/critique are most welcome :)

Gidgee

Hi Tartanwolf

Love the idea!

I think the shape of the spread is excellent - I can definitely see the shape of a paw! :thumbsup:

I shall try it out in the next couple of days on both of my dogs and tell you how I went

Cheers
B

tartanwolf

Hi, I am so sorry I didnt realise there had been a reply to this spread. Please do let me know how you got on. I have now used this around 5 times for clients and had great feedback. So far this spread is one I find really easy to read, but then considering I am an animal lover, and would prefer animal company over people any day, I shouldnt be suprised.

Dogmother

Tartan you are speaking my language! I'd much rather hang with the dogs than most folks I know. I already do some spreads to help me with rescued dogs. I look forward to trying out this spread!

tartanwolf

thank you dogmother please let me know how you get on :D

I created this reading as I have a house rabbit, (along with 2 other rabbits, 2 cats and I did have a dog that sadly ran away :( ) that is always very quiet, he was a rescue that I somehow ended up fostering then adopting. I wanted a greater understanding of him and the cards i got, made me laugh, he got the 4 of pents in the signifier position, which is exactly how he is lol, in a cute way.

Gidgee

tartanwolf said:
Hi, I am so sorry I didnt realise there had been a reply to this spread. Please do let me know how you got on. I have now used this around 5 times for clients and had great feedback. So far this spread is one I find really easy to read, but then considering I am an animal lover, and would prefer animal company over people any day, I shouldnt be suprised.

Not a problem re the time lapse - can't say I've been particularly prompt!!

I did your YAPS spread on my two dogs, and I found it to work really well. The cards made a lot of sense for each position and overall had a good flow.

Just a couple of comments re the meanings -(more like me being a wee bit obtuse :laugh:)

Card 2 - The Owner - I took to interpret as how the pet perceived the owner
Card 6 - What is to be learned(both pet and owner)- I took to interpret as what not so obvious or hidden traits/feelings there were that should be considered
Is this what you intended?

Anyways, I felt the readings I did really made sense regarding my houndlings and the spread design is grand :) :thumbsup:

Cheers
B :)

tartanwolf

Thank you for the feedback, and I agree with the way you interpreted card 2 and 6, its how I intended the cards to be read. I am glad you felt the spread flowed quite well too! :)

Dogmother

This was an excellent spread! I'll be using it often. Merlin, my dog, was a rescue from Katrina hurricane. I've always wondered about his trauma from that. Actually, I've been amazed at his apparent lack of trauma. This spread showed me some new insights about his past experiences and how he dealt with it. Thanks again! This was awesome!

tartanwolf

Hi dogmother, so pleased the spread worked out good for you! thanks very much for the feedback :)