Hierophant as a soulmate card?

AraLuck

Hi everyone, I keep pulling this card in various spreads about my ex, who's also a soulmate from a previous life. I got this card about how he felt about me and also in the possible contact spread (we haven't spoken in 6 months).

Since he recently married someone else, this cannot be a 'wants to commit' card. But could he mean he's now waking up to our soul connection and that there's a development regarding our soul lessons?

Puffette

Hierophant generally is a card about rules and order, somehow like the emperor, the difference is that it speaks about religion and traditions, things that must be done the right way without any discussion.
U say this person got married and he feels the hierophant for u, this is clearly a warning to you that he is commited to his marriage or at least this is his priority for now. I dont see action nor emotions in this card and i never did in the past with previous readings when i was asking about the feelings of certain people.
The hierophant is not a feeling card in my oppinion.
This is what i call it the "bell card" because it warns me about important events to come or when i do a mistake or make an important decision ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rinoa

Perhaps he sees your relationship together as a learning experience. Maybe he sees you as a teacher of sorts, either of life or love (or both.) He might also see you as being authoritative, structured, secretive etc. Even after a union has ended the knowledge we can gleam about ourselves and others is incredibly valuable. It seems clear to me that he has moved on (getting married.) However there is undoubtedly much that he's learned from your history. There are so many ways to interrupt the Hierophant. These are just my intuitive thoughts at the moment.

Michael Sternbach

Hi Cosmic Girl, these are the Star-Lord's thoughts:

To me, the Hierophant is mostly about taking a philosophical/spiritual view on a situation or relationship.

In this regard, it might be interesting to consider the so-called relationship card which is the result of adding up first your dates of birth individually (i.e. if you were born on May 4 1990, that would be 5 + 4 + 1990 = 1999), then adding them together (i.e. 1999 + 1993 = 3992), then reducing the result to a number no larger than 22 (3 + 9 + 9 + 2 = 23 = 5 = The Hierophant - oops!). 22 would be the Fool, btw.

This approach might help you to look at this more philosophically. ;)

oceane

Could it be that this card is describing the new marital status of your ex? that now he's committed to someone else? I kinda see it that way.

Michael Sternbach

Could it be that this card is describing the new marital status of your ex? that now he's committed to someone else? I kinda see it that way.

The Hierophant as a priest who is marrying people? As how he sees her? Frankly, I can't make sense of this.

To me, there are clearly spiritual lessons involved here. They may well have got to do with letting each other go their way.

Grizabella

The Hierophant as a priest who is marrying people? As how he sees her? Frankly, I can't make sense of this.

To me, there are clearly spiritual lessons involved here. They may well have got to do with letting each other go their way.

I think what was meant was that the Hierophant can sometimes indicate doing things---marriage especially----in a certain socially accepted way. In times past, marriage was the only acceptable reason for a man and a woman to cohabit and anything else was downright illegal in many places. That's what I think was meant.

AraLuck

Hierophant generally is a card about rules and order, somehow like the emperor, the difference is that it speaks about religion and traditions, things that must be done the right way without any discussion.
U say this person got married and he feels the hierophant for u, this is clearly a warning to you that he is commited to his marriage or at least this is his priority for now. I dont see action nor emotions in this card and i never did in the past with previous readings when i was asking about the feelings of certain people.
The hierophant is not a feeling card in my oppinion.
This is what i call it the "bell card" because it warns me about important events to come or when i do a mistake or make an important decision ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is also my 'ground level' interpretation of the card - but I was looking into the more spiritual aspect of it, since we are soulmates. That's why I was wondering about if he's seeing the spiritual connection here too, which is why I keep getting this card. If he's understood what has gone on between us from that perspective.

AraLuck

Perhaps he sees your relationship together as a learning experience. Maybe he sees you as a teacher of sorts, either of life or love (or both.) He might also see you as being authoritative, structured, secretive etc. Even after a union has ended the knowledge we can gleam about ourselves and others is incredibly valuable. It seems clear to me that he has moved on (getting married.) However there is undoubtedly much that he's learned from your history. There are so many ways to interrupt the Hierophant. These are just my intuitive thoughts at the moment.

Yes thanks Rinoa! This is what I was sort of thinking about too... about whether he's understanding the lesson. I put the question out here precisely to see what others had on a 'spiritual' or 'soul' aspect of the card.

His marriage is arranged, so in practical/earthy terms he has moved on. Am wondering if the card is coming now because he's understanding our soul connection. And also beginning his part of our lesson together...

AraLuck

Hi Cosmic Girl, these are the Star-Lord's thoughts:

To me, the Hierophant is mostly about taking a philosophical/spiritual view on a situation or relationship.

In this regard, it might be interesting to consider the so-called relationship card which is the result of adding up first your dates of birth individually (i.e. if you were born on May 4 1990, that would be 5 + 4 + 1990 = 1999), then adding them together (i.e. 1999 + 1993 = 3992), then reducing the result to a number no larger than 22 (3 + 9 + 9 + 2 = 23 = 5 = The Hierophant - oops!). 22 would be the Fool, btw.

This approach might help you to look at this more philosophically. ;)

Hi Star-Lord - this was precisely my intent... because through a past life regression I understood my life lessons with him. I was just wondering whether he was 'waking up' to his now... and that's why this card would be popping up.

Interesting the add up here... since I am just out of a 5-day illness which has somewhat taken my juice - would you help in adding Oct 11 1977 to Mar 6 1984.. and tell me what that means. I am not sure am following.... :/