Choices

haleyw

Done this spread regarding a job offer that I've got.. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=103553 there are a lot of cards, so instead of posting in 'My readings' I would like some advice on just a few of them please.

For reason to take the job I got Judgement - I see this as it being a fateful occurence (how it came about does seem to have a lot of synchronicity surrounding it) and something that I should go and do.

For outcome if I take the job, I got The Emporer - the job is managing a place, the director is wanting to take a step back and have me help run it. I think the Emporer, could possibly mean me running it, alone, eventually? Can't think of anything else.

Reason to go with my other option, I got Death - transformation, new beginnings (which I'm looking for because I'm coming to the end of my studies in a few weeks) so another option would provide that.

Outcome - 4 of Wands - a good card, but not a major one like The Emporer. Enjoyable, but not 'the making of me' kind of card, like The Emporer could be.

The last set of cards (unknown option) we are all minors and not good cards at all (4 of Swords - not much movement and 4 of Pents the status quo which is what I don't want)so, that's out.

Would love to hear any more thoughts please.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi haleyw,

Please either provide interpretations for the last two cards you mentioned or edit your post to remove them.

rwcarter

As the Emperor represents authority, the outcome if you take the job suggests that you'll be running things (and people). The buck will stop with you, so that you're ultimately responsible for what happens.

Death as the reason to go with the other option suggests that option will help you to transform yourself in a way that you might not understand or know right now. Death suggests that the Emperor option is something either in your field of study or something that you're familiar with, while the Death option will take you into unknown territory.

4W as outcome for the Death option suggests an initial level of completion and success. While not a Major like the Emperor, both cards are 4s. So this option is probably a stepping stone to something else while the Emperor seems like a more permanent option/choice.

4S as unknown option suggests that option would likely bore you to tears (no mental stimulation) and might not pay much (4P, depending on which position that card fell in).

Thanks for using the spread I created!

Rodney

haleyw

As the Emperor represents authority, the outcome if you take the job suggests that you'll be running things (and people). The buck will stop with you, so that you're ultimately responsible for what happens.

Yes, I think this will eventually be the case.

Death as the reason to go with the other option suggests that option will help you to transform yourself in a way that you might not understand or know right now. Death suggests that the Emperor option is something either in your field of study or something that you're familiar with, while the Death option will take you into unknown territory.

Ah, the strange thing is, the other option would be something in the field that I have been studying but don't have much hands on experience of, but the first option, is what I'm good at and what I know. So spot on!

4W as outcome for the Death option suggests an initial level of completion and success. While not a Major like the Emperor, both cards are 4s. So this option is probably a stepping stone to something else while the Emperor seems like a more permanent option/choice.

Oh, that's good to know. It might well be.

4S as unknown option suggests that option would likely bore you to tears (no mental stimulation) and might not pay much (4P, depending on which position that card fell in).

Thanks for using the spread I created!

Rodney

Yes, I thought that about those card too!

Any thoughts on Judgement?

Thank you for creating it and many thanks for your really helpful input. :)

Haley

rwcarter

For reason to take the job I got Judgement - I see this as it being a fateful occurence (how it came about does seem to have a lot of synchronicity surrounding it) and something that I should go and do.

Ah, the strange thing is, the other option would be something in the field that I have been studying but don't have much hands on experience of, but the first option, is what I'm good at and what I know.
As I tend to see Judgement as a card of "just rewards" or reaping what you've sown, based on what you've said above I'd see Judgement as saying "take the job because it's a natural progression for you."

Rodney

haleyw

As I tend to see Judgement as a card of "just rewards" or reaping what you've sown, based on what you've said above I'd see Judgement as saying "take the job because it's a natural progression for you."

Rodney

It does seem that way, yes, with the way that things have happened. :)

Thanks again.