Can't figure out the King of Swords

Rapiere

Hello, everyone, I have been STALKED, more than by any other card in my life, by the King of Swords in relationship readings about a certain person (female). I kind of understand that it signifies her, she is very much the King of Swords type - estranged, intellectual, puts head over feelings. I can't really grasp what the card is trying to tell about feelings , or our relationship. Scrutiny ? Analysing things ? Indifference ? I wouldn't say indifference , for there would probably be better cards to express that. The KS seems overwhelmingly intellectual to me and a communicator , however we had a bad misunderstanding between us and can't really approach each other. The other cards look quite hopeful, however the KS always turns up in the feelings or near future position and only in readings about this person , otherwise I don't see much of the card in other readings. What can he possibly be trying to tell me ?...

Grizabella

I think it's probably basically saying "forget it" and that you should just chalk up the misunderstanding as having broken any personal ties that might have developed between you up to that point. Now there's definitely no use trying to mend fences with her. She sees you in just an impersonal way now.

Absynthe

In my experience the King Of Swords represents the highly developed intellect. Which makes sense in the way your describe her. But the trouble with the intellect is that it doesn't understand nor value feelings.

Sitting in the feelings and outcome positions I think this card is telling you that intellect is running the show here which means it will be difficult if not impossible to make an emotional connection with her at this current time. She is coming up with all manner of internal justifications and stories about your connection that is keeping her heart clearly out of it.

There may be a few solutions. It depends, perhaps she is interpreting your actions and words as being more of an intellectual connection and is therefore holding back on her own? This can happen when two people are circling each other trying to find a way in, and they don't share the same primary love language. Each of you may be showing what you believe to be feelings of attraction, interest, affection but it's not being understood by the other person in that way.

Heavily intellectual people often have Acts Of Service or Quality Time as being their primary love language. They feel uncomfortable expressing verbally or with body language and therefore think that giving you their attention or performing some task for you should be enough to tell you they like you.

Empress26

I have to agree with what Absynthe said about love languages, especially if you recently had a misunderstanding and can't seem to move past it. Understanding love languages is very important in any relationship, especially romantic, because things that are said and done in relationships can often be misunderstood by your partner if they don't understand why you said, did, or need to say/do something. Your partner probably thinks and loves with her mind, is very analytical, seeks honesty and the truth above all else, etc... She most likely loves with her heart as well, of course, but being analytical and cut and dry is part of her personality, and that's the message you need to receive and understand.

Another possibility is that you need to adopt the mindset of the King of swords in order to understand the misunderstanding... Remove your heart and feelings from the situation and try to think with your head screwed on tight. A lot of people have trouble doing this when they are in love.

I hope that helped!:)

Rapiere

I think it's probably basically saying "forget it" and that you should just chalk up the misunderstanding as having broken any personal ties that might have developed between you up to that point. Now there's definitely no use trying to mend fences with her. She sees you in just an impersonal way now.

Thanks for your reply. It may be, but the KS would come up a lot before our misunderstanding occurred though and all was well between us. But I see the point about moving on, though, would be the smartest thing to do

Rapiere

In my experience the King Of Swords represents the highly developed intellect. Which makes sense in the way your describe her. But the trouble with the intellect is that it doesn't understand nor value feelings.

Sitting in the feelings and outcome positions I think this card is telling you that intellect is running the show here which means it will be difficult if not impossible to make an emotional connection with her at this current time. She is coming up with all manner of internal justifications and stories about your connection that is keeping her heart clearly out of it.

There may be a few solutions. It depends, perhaps she is interpreting your actions and words as being more of an intellectual connection and is therefore holding back on her own? This can happen when two people are circling each other trying to find a way in, and they don't share the same primary love language. Each of you may be showing what you believe to be feelings of attraction, interest, affection but it's not being understood by the other person in that way.

Heavily intellectual people often have Acts Of Service or Quality Time as being their primary love language. They feel uncomfortable expressing verbally or with body language and therefore think that giving you their attention or performing some task for you should be enough to tell you they like you.

This so totally makes sense, thank you so much. We are indeed different as chalk and cheese in terms of emotional expression (I'm a typical Queen of Wands, reversed at times), and she is highly analytical and usually very straightforward. I can't figure her out, sometimes I think she hates me, but from what I gather from other people, she cares a lot, just doesn't know the approach. What I get from the KS is that we are indeed being over-analytical and holding back stuff that we think won't be understood by the other. Thanks so much, your reply puts a lot of things in perspective for me.

Rapiere

I have to agree with what Absynthe said about love languages, especially if you recently had a misunderstanding and can't seem to move past it. Understanding love languages is very important in any relationship, especially romantic, because things that are said and done in relationships can often be misunderstood by your partner if they don't understand why you said, did, or need to say/do something. Your partner probably thinks and loves with her mind, is very analytical, seeks honesty and the truth above all else, etc... She most likely loves with her heart as well, of course, but being analytical and cut and dry is part of her personality, and that's the message you need to receive and understand.

Another possibility is that you need to adopt the mindset of the King of swords in order to understand the misunderstanding... Remove your heart and feelings from the situation and try to think with your head screwed on tight. A lot of people have trouble doing this when they are in love.

I hope that helped!:)

This helps a lot, thank you. Being analytical and dry is what she is like and that isn't likely to change. She's the type of person who never pronounces a word without a purpose for it. It's very interesting how you deduct it from the card and context, but she is indeed capable of loving people deeply, but places the friendship aspect, truth and honesty above everything else. From what I understand and from what other people say, she is not indifferent, but just doesn't know how to get the message across. And I just figured that the KS might be speaking about me as well, for I try to appear aloof and somewhat indifferent, but deep down the situation is causing me a great deal of anguish. I overthink and I try too hard to find ways to show her that I do care, but that s hard for the moment. Thank you for helping me with this!

SunChariot

Hello, everyone, I have been STALKED, more than by any other card in my life, by the King of Swords in relationship readings about a certain person (female). I kind of understand that it signifies her, she is very much the King of Swords type - estranged, intellectual, puts head over feelings. I can't really grasp what the card is trying to tell about feelings , or our relationship. Scrutiny ? Analysing things ? Indifference ? I wouldn't say indifference , for there would probably be better cards to express that. The KS seems overwhelmingly intellectual to me and a communicator , however we had a bad misunderstanding between us and can't really approach each other. The other cards look quite hopeful, however the KS always turns up in the feelings or near future position and only in readings about this person , otherwise I don't see much of the card in other readings. What can he possibly be trying to tell me ?...

Cards mean different things to different people. We all have slightly different meanings.

For me, the King of Swords....The Kings are about taking control of and mastering what is going on inside us. Since this is the King of Swords it would be about taking charge of your innermost thoughts and beliefs.

That means not choosing to think or embrace hurtful thoughts and purposely choosing more positive ones instead. It means holding onto beliefs that make you feel happy inside and not the others. Choosing the thoughts that let you be the best version of yourself, seeing clearly and accurately....

I don't know what questions you asked when this card came up. Not knowing, it might be talking about either of you or both. Maybe something either or both of you need to change inside in the way you are thinking for things to work out for the best.

Maybe you need to talk somehow to clear up the misunderstanding, so each of you can see clearly again what was happening and to clear out any negative thoughts.

Babs

Rapiere

Cards mean different things to different people. We all have slightly different meanings.

For me, the King of Swords....The Kings are about taking control of and mastering what is going on inside us. Since this is the King of Swords it would be about taking charge of your innermost thoughts and beliefs.

That means not choosing to think or embrace hurtful thoughts and purposely choosing more positive ones instead. It means holding onto beliefs that make you feel happy inside and not the others. Choosing the thoughts that let you be the best version of yourself, seeing clearly and accurately....

I don't know what questions you asked when this card came up. Not knowing, it might be talking about either of you or both. Maybe something either or both of you need to change inside in the way you are thinking for things to work out for the best.

Maybe you need to talk somehow to clear up the misunderstanding, so each of you can see clearly again what was happening and to clear out any negative thoughts.

Babs

Thank you, there is indeed this issue of blocking out negative thoughts in our relationship - with certain effort from both sides. Your reply made me think that stalker cards usually carry advice and disappear when one has acted on it. Perhaps the King of Swords is kind of telling me that I need to clear up the misunderstanding with her once and for all.