The chariot and the high priestess reversed

velvet moon

I've gotten these two cards in reverse a lot over the years in readings - especially to do with peoples reasons or motivations (particularly in love readings) and it came up again recently when a client asked 'why does he message me?' (because he initiates messages then often doesn't reply for days)

So I was thinking about these cards in reversed for this situaton

- maybe the high priestess reversed is unable to be detached and wait for her to message first so he initiates contact but the chariot is saying he is trying to control himself from rushing forward too fast after that fact - so some impulse control issues or flakiness?

Grizabella

Is he initiating contact or is she answering his contact that he's making on the message she sent him before but he just didn't act quickly on her messages? I know that sounds crazy but it's hard to word.

For instance, let's say she contacts him and then after awhile when she thinks he won't answer, he does answer so she considers that to be him initiating contact anew when in reality, he's just contacting her in response to her last message but he didn't do it quickly. The Chariot reversed causes me to wonder this. The Chariot upright can indicate that someone is in control, but the reversed Chariot is a result of an out-of-control situation.

Thirteen

Darkly emotional and dangerous

maybe the high priestess reversed is unable to be detached and wait for her to message first so he initiates contact but the chariot is saying he is trying to control himself from rushing forward too fast after that fact - so some impulse control issues or flakiness?
Keep in mind that the HPS is astrologically represented by the the Moon, while the Chariot is astrologically Cancer, which is also ruled by the Moon. In the upright position, the Moon power of the HPS is her intuition: she nows what feelings should be followed and which should not. The Chariot is all about that Cancerian movement toward a goal. It makes use of emotions—controls them—to achieve a goal.

So, it seems to me that if the HPS is rx, then her intuition is compromised. She's giving into feelings that are false, or dark (as in the dark of the moon), rather than guiding lights. Combined with the Chariot rx, I'd say that this wrong/dark intuition, these powerful emotions that should not be trusted, are also directing the Chariot—they have control over where it goes. So the Charioteer is not using the emotions to achieve a worthwhile goal, but is being used by the emotions to achieve something wrong/dark.

This isn't mere flakiness or lack of impulse control. It is, I think, cards signaling that a person or situation is crazy/dangerous. Very darkly emotional, and driven by those emotions—irrational, unreasonable, and with no care who gets hurt or run over. In short, there is no contact because the person is riding on crazy emotions—or views the other person as riding on them and is steering clear.

velvet moon

Is he initiating contact or is she answering his contact that he's making on the message she sent him before but he just didn't act quickly on her messages? I know that sounds crazy but it's hard to word.

For instance, let's say she contacts him and then after awhile when she thinks he won't answer, he does answer so she considers that to be him initiating contact anew when in reality, he's just contacting her in response to her last message but he didn't do it quickly. The Chariot reversed causes me to wonder this. The Chariot upright can indicate that someone is in control, but the reversed Chariot is a result of an out-of-control situation.

I thought of this too and asked she explained that he always answers her topics then when she answers again touphold the conversationshe eventually drops out with a goodbye. then a few days layer he starts a new topic as if he wants converse - and they HAVE had good conversations /Not always drop outs. Before I drew the cards I assumed this guy kust gets busy or distracted occasionally but the cards seemed to be saying more than that. unless we can take them to mean this is an un focsed and unaware person...hmmm

velvet moon

Keep in mind that the HPS is astrologically represented by the the Moon, while the Chariot is astrologically Cancer, which is also ruled by the Moon. In the upright position, the Moon power of the HPS is her intuition: she nows what feelings should be followed and which should not. The Chariot is all about that Cancerian movement toward a goal. It makes use of emotions—controls them—to achieve a goal.

So, it seems to me that if the HPS is rx, then her intuition is compromised. She's giving into feelings that are false, or dark (as in the dark of the moon), rather than guiding lights. Combined with the Chariot rx, I'd say that this wrong/dark intuition, these powerful emotions that should not be trusted, are also directing the Chariot—they have control over where it goes. So the Charioteer is not using the emotions to achieve a worthwhile goal, but is being used by the emotions to achieve something wrong/dark.

This isn't mere flakiness or lack of impulse control. It is, I think, cards signaling that a person or situation is crazy/dangerous. Very darkly emotional, and driven by those emotions—irrational, unreasonable, and with no care who gets hurt or run over. In short, there is no contact because the person is riding on crazy emotions—or views the other person as riding on them and is steering clear.

I love what you've said here but/because it's stimulating this thought - hp rx, clouded intuition, and cancer rules chariot which is all about self protective armour and rushing forward with the defense act. I wonder if it's as simple as 'he is not trusting his intuition that she likes him (aided by her rarely initiating contact' so he goes in but then withdraws in self doubbt and self protection because he isnt sure how she feels about his 'advances' if we can call them that. just a thought but I see where you're going too, like this person could possibly be a little manic in his emotions and drives?

foolMoon

The Chariot could mean a healthy secure relationship. Being reverse, it implies not so.
The High Preistess reversed implies hiding the situation.

So it looks like the situation and outlook of this relationship is bleak, and this knowledge is unknown to the querent.

Thirteen

I wonder if it's as simple as 'he is not trusting his intuition that she likes him (aided by her rarely initiating contact' so he goes in but then withdraws in self doubbt and self protection because he isnt sure how she feels about his 'advances' if we can call them that. just a thought but I see where you're going too, like this person could possibly be a little manic in his emotions and drives?
Works for me! Good thought on the defensiveness of the Chariot. Readers often forget that as well as racing forward, the chariot is also about being armored.