"Excuse me...but...are those Tarot cards?"

jmd

Great stuff Terri :)

...a little short on what else to say!

kittenann

The last time I pulled my cards out in a coffee house, and someone asked me for a reading I handed the deck to them and I also handed them the Idiots guide to the tarot which I'd had with me. I told them "Why don't you try doing a reading for yourself? If you like it you could go out and buy a deck of your own." This took the aura of "ohhhhhhh" off of me and started an interesting conversation....... which an hour or so later led to this person attempting to give ME a reading!

tmgrl2

kittenann said:
The last time I pulled my cards out in a coffee house, and someone asked me for a reading I handed the deck to them and I also handed them the Idiots guide to the tarot which I'd had with me. I told them "Why don't you try doing a reading for yourself? If you like it you could go out and buy a deck of your own." This took the aura of "ohhhhhhh" off of me and started an interesting conversation....... which an hour or so later led to this person attempting to give ME a reading!

So did this person read for you???

And the outcome???

terri

firemaiden

Umbrae said:
"...And you know, over the years I’ve been called evil, “So call the police and burn me at the stake…” comes out of my mouth followed by the ‘hairy-eyeball’.

This I gotta see...

It sounds like a fun afternoon, Terri at the Hairdresser. You could make it into a movie... à la Steel Magnolias., do the readings, and each reading - a scene in the movie with that person's life-- then back to the hairdresser scene. Oh whoops, has that already been done?

I'm finding rather more people are into tarot than I ever thought, and we're all sort of half-way in the closet. It's nice when people come out.

tmgrl2

firemaiden said:
I'm finding rather more people are into tarot than I ever thought, and we're all sort of half-way in the closet. It's nice when people come out.

At first I thought..."What do I do if someone wants a reading??"

This was before I started reading live.

Now...I feel any discussion promotes a better understanding of the Tarot...

plus...I now accept readings, but they do have to call me and arrange for a time....

I was hoping this thread would

OPEN SOME CLOSET DOORS!! LOL

It's like coming out of Plato's cave.... (I imagine...)

terri

Psychebleu

I think that is an awesome experience.

I too have been surprised by the people that are most interested. At first I would keep my interest in tarot and all things occult to myself - who knows what others think that means, ya know? Don't remember how it came about, but I pulled them out at work and now everybody knows and no one think it's weird at all. I've given readings to co-workers, including my supervisor and our boss! So you never know.

tmgrl2

Psychebleu said:
I think that is an awesome experience.

I too have been surprised by the people that are most interested. At first I would keep my interest in tarot and all things occult to myself - who knows what others think that means, ya know? Don't remember how it came about, but I pulled them out at work and now everybody knows and no one think it's weird at all. I've given readings to co-workers, including my supervisor and our boss! So you never know.

This is great!!

As I neared retirement, I began giving some readings to co-workers during our lunch breaks...I figured that was "our" time to do with as we wished.

Thank you for sharing ....

terri

BobTheViking

Well, as I said in my intro thread, I'm keeping my interest in "weird stuff" quiet for now. People already think I'm pretty weird--no need to fuel the fire, ya know?

It's really limited me, though. I've never actually been able to do a reading for someone other than myself. I'd like to be more open about things in general, too. Maybe Tarot would be a good place to start. We'll see...

tmgrl2

BobTheViking said:
Well, as I said in my intro thread, I'm keeping my interest in "weird stuff" quiet for now. People already think I'm pretty weird--no need to fuel the fire, ya know?

It's really limited me, though. I've never actually been able to do a reading for someone other than myself. I'd like to be more open about things in general, too. Maybe Tarot would be a good place to start. We'll see...

A big welcome!! to you BTV..... Now, see, maybe we here at AT would consider that "computer geeky" stuff weird??!!

Just kidding....we have our share of Tarot geeks here....actually, we come from all walks of life, professions...you will love it here ...keep pulling those cards...use them as a way of tapping into some guidance for yourself, journal a bit....if you get really hooked, you won't be able to keep quiet about the Tarot...you will want to share it (not everywhere, I'm sure...one has to scope out the situation).

Best to you...

terri

MAR

Hi :)

May I know what exactly is Umbrae's method? or May you take me to Umbrae's thread? I searched and can't find it.

MAR