Der-Jen Tarot

babyJo

LittleBuddha said:
At the moment, I am a little short of cash as I am inbetween jobs. But when I get some money coming in, I will look into it.
LB

LB,
Good luck with your new job! Give me a shout anytime if you wanna check out this deck :D
~JO

RiccardoLS

Please do not trust what Amazon says on deck.
Many times they say "boxed set" as it has a box, not because it has a book. ^_^

The LS version does not contain any book. Just the deck and the standard LWB.
The deck is definitely gorgeous. It does not add substance or depth, but the image are classical and easy to use, and breathtaking.

I received from Taiwan a translation of the original book. I'm afraid it was quite generic with generic meanings for beginners and nothing tailored specifically for the deck.
Never the less I think that Sharp Point (the publisher) is one of the most interesting new entries in the Tarot world (they & magic realist). They do a lot of very interesting decks.

Ric

babyJo

Thanks for the letting us know.
I have checked the book of my set..they do have a few sentences on each major descipting the mood of the card.
Apart from that... yes, just generic meanings for beginners.

Look forward to get the LS deck too, be cute to have both to compare =)
~Jo

MeeWah

RiccardoLS: Appreciate the information.

Noticed the unclear or misleading descriptions on Amazon where decks concerned. Could be a lack of familiarity or understanding by whomever writes the advertising or description copy; thus "boxed set" could technically refer to deck & LWB rather than a deck with a companion book.

My copy acquired second-hand via a trade with an AT member based on a few card scans seen in passing. & based on the other comments, the edition from Taiwan: bilingual titles in both Chinese & English with a thin white border.

Der-Jen an excellent example of an art deck. It also presents as good for readings, too, though thus far only used it for the meditative. I am interested in the Lo Scarabeo edition to use for readings.

Adam McLean

It is now available though Alida, though probably not in the American packaging.

Little Baron

Adam McLean said:
It is now available though Alida, though probably not in the American packaging.

Which one?

LB

Little Baron

Cheers Adam. I was looking for the Der-Jen. Not the China. But thanks, anyhow.

Best, LB

truelighth

LittleBuddha said:
Cheers Adam. I was looking for the Der-Jen. Not the China. But thanks, anyhow.

Best, LB

The China Tarot from Lo Scarabeo is the Der-Jen Tarot. Only the LS one is a reprint. So if you are only interested in the deck itself, you might as well get that one and not bother with the whole set.

Little Baron

Thanks Truelighth. I only wanted the deck. But I wanted the version not printed by LoS.

LB