My Illuminated Tarot Deck by C. Herzner is on it's way!!! :) :)

Gayla

I finally broke down and ordered the Illuminated Tarot by Carol Herzner and she just sent me a note telling me it is on it's way...I feel soooo happy. :)

It's a large deck with irridecent colors....:) :) :)

She ever so kindly shared with me thatt she first dreamed of the deck in the 1960's...I am just fascinated by her work....

Does anyone out there have this deck? What do you think of it?

To make it even more special, when I wrote to her to order the deck she told me she had one deck printed with the irridecent colors aval...which she had been holding for a long time...I think it was meant just for me.;)

It's a great day to be a tarot lover!! :) G.

Nina*

Yep... have it... love it.
It's even more beautiful when you see it for real.

I've only had it for a couple of days, so I haven't used it a lot yet. But I have no doubt I will - even ordered a second copy earlier today. :)

She (Carol Herzer) is extremely nice and sharing - AND a very gifted artist too.

I hope you'll enjoy it, Gayla...

Ruby7

You will not be disappointed!

I have the pocket version and love it so much that I will eventually (when funds allow) order the medium with irridescent paint.

All the best,
Ruby7

Gayla

:) I can't wait :)

I also have a few prints which she autographed on the back...those are keepers...and I ordered a few more prints along with my deck.

I told her I thought Pamela Coleman-Smith would be very pleased with her work...she agreed that P. C-S was ahead of her time.

I can't wait to see how the colors of the deck enhance my interpretation of the cards.

lark

I have the medium irridecent with the marbled green backs..what backs did you order?

I've had mine for 3 years now, it was a birthday present from my hubby which makes it extra special to me.
They're wearing beautifully..they still look like new and I use them a lot.
She made me a beautiful sage green bag lined with peach silk, and sent along a bunch of freebies with my order.
She's a great person.
Congrats on your new deck! :)

Joermit

Hello, all!

Congrats on your deck! I'm a lil jealous!!

I want this deck quite badly! I sent Carol several emails about two weeks ago and haven't heard anything from her... I was a bit worried that something was wrong... but I am glad to know that she is well... I guess I will try to email her again and see if I can contact her... so... you've talked to her recently?? and the email listed on her site is up and running?? please let me know so I can make sure that I'm at least doing the right thing in trying to contact...lol... thanks!

Joey

Gayla

Thanks Lark :). I'm getting the blue marble backing. She had sent me a sample without backing...I cannot wait to see the irridecent colors. I asked for a pink or blue bag with a The Star...plus I ordered a Star print with irridecent.

Joe, No, I'd didn't talk with her, she corresponded with me via e-mail. She mentioned she had not printed decks lately because she had been busy working on another project...if you are trying to purchase her work then I think you are doing to right thing to try and contact her...the email address on her site worked fine for me.:)

Pollux

Wooooo, so it's finally in print!

Damn, another deck to be added to my wishlist, and this one not a general-market one it seems...
Just about to buy the Radiant in a couple of weeks from Alida as I grew tired of the classic RWS and want something more coloured and lively... and now guess I'll have toout the 20 euros something aside and save them for a lushy iridescent version of this one. :p

Or I could get it as a pressie for graduation *mumbles*

I hope shipping won't spoil the fun as it always happens.

diane drizzy

Lucky you!!!!!
I just haven't gotten to the right moment to "earn" them. They really are a beautiful deck.
I guess we all grew up with the RWS decks or clones but I tend to like the brighter colored ones. I do have the Radiant deck which I have loved.
Enjoy!

Gayla

Yes, I felt like I was taking a big step investing in it..it's not just another $15.00 deck...I am sure it will be worth every penny.

I can't wait to see how the colors affect my perseption of the cards...