New deck Medieval scapini

Maan

I went shopping with a friend yesterday and i "happend" to walk in a store that sells tarot decks...and well i just HAD to buy a new deck ;) You know !!

Its really beautiful..its my first deck with gold and i really like that look...guess my next one will be the nefertari ;)

This deck really has something to tell me cause the new deck spread was ful of majors ;)
1 ) what will you teach me: The lovers
2 ) What must i do? : King of swords
3 ) How will our relationship be like? : Justice
4 ) First advice : The chariot

I'm still looking for a deck to use with tarot shadow work. My favo deck the phantasmagoric seems just a little to strange to use for such a thing..so maybe this one will do?

starfish66

Congratulations on your new deck, Maan! I've got the Medieval Scapini too and love the old feel to it. I think you should try it for your shadow work!

:TLOVE Starfish

Strega

Maan: Congrats on your new deck! :)

nina

Hello,
I love the look of the Scapini deck, I think it will be the next one I buy. A friend told me an odd thing about it is that all the Majors are male. I've only seen a couple of cards on-line, never actually seen the full deck. Now seeing this thread I'll take as a sign to pick it up. As if I need more excuses to spend money on cards. I could take the taste of my morning coffee as a sign to pick up more decks. How do I stop myself?
-Nina

Lee

Hi nina, I have this deck and the Majors are standard in terms of male/female distribution.

-- Lee :)

ladydreamer

me too

I have this deck...IT chose me off the shelf. I love it. The look is beautiful, the feel is old. They are firm but not overly so - like some decks so they are easy to shuffle. It is my favorite so far.

raventepes

I have the deck as well. Luigi Scapini actually did the paintings for the US Games version of the Visconti-Sforza deck.

One of the things that I liked most about the Scapini deck is that he keeps very true to older style decks. I see a lot of the Visconti in there as well as Wirth and Marseilles influances. Another little oddity that I LOVE about the Scapini deck is that he tends to sign his name on a paper boat...

victoria.star

Shadow work

Maan,
I believe the Medieval Scapini would be helpful in shadow work.
I have this deck and, for me, it reads entirely differently during the daylight hours than during the darker ones.
Once, I believe somewhere in Aeclectic's site, I read a description of this deck as "slippery," and I agree.
As an aside, the Medieval Scapini is the only deck my teenage son has taken an interest in and he is a strong, intelligent and sensitive soul. I believe the deck "picked" him and he was intrigued with what it might have to say.

Sheri

How interesting! I just found this thread - and not 10 minutes ago I posted a new deck interview reading I had with it. Funny, it told me I have alot to learn and it is an "acquired taste"!

It struck me as being very powerful, and that it has a sense of humor (I don't know where I get THAT from). I also felt that it picked me as I am not usually drawn to decks that have this look to them.

My reading thread is here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=68247

This deck really intrigues me! I am glad to know that people who use it really like it. I had no idea that it was "slippery" and is different during the day than it is at night - it adds to my feeling it is a really powerful deck!

valeria