World Spirit 6's through 10's

Rhiannon

Sixes

6 of Pentacles: helping those less fortunate. Stressing equality. Give and take in a relationship. Generosity and the pleasure derived from it.

6 of Swords: Salvation. Welcoming after a long journey. A safe haven. Sanctuary! })

6 of Wands: The prodigal son returns. A celebrated home-coming and victory. Joyous celebration of which you are the center of attention.

6 of Cups: rekindled passions. taking a walk down memory lane. This card kind of reminded me of Snow White, because of the apple. Anyone have any insights on the apple?

R :)

Rhiannon

Sevens

7 of Pentacles: Fertility and VERILITY. watching things grow and progress. Wondering at the outcome. knowing when to prune and when to allow the flowers to bloom.

7 of Swords: Beware of traps and trickery. Secrecy. Unclear motives. Fraud.

7 of Wands: Protecting yourself. holding the world at bay. Making sure that you have clear boundaries. Guarding your personal and private space.

7 of Cups: rest with peaceful daydreams. Many opportunities are confusing the issue. Daydreams and wishes. Not focusing on one clear goal.

Rhiannon

Eights

8 of Pentacles: Study under the watchful eyes of a mentor. Basic training/teaching skills. Careful attention to detail. Apprenticeship.

8 of Swords: feeling trapped between "wait and see" (owl) and "transformation" (snake). No easy way out of your present situation. Feeling like you are walking on eggshells. To quote a fave book: "There are no acceptable solutions to some problems"

8 of Wands: rapid movement. things have come to a head. the decisions have been made and now it is time for action. beware of burning out your energy too quickly.

8 of Cups: striking a new path, taking the road less travelled by, doing the unexpected. leaving your baggage behind so that you may move forward.

Rhiannon

Nines

9 of pentacles: contentment. transformation is complete for now. happy dreams. appreciation of the beauty around you and enjoying your accomplishments.

9 of Swords: nightmares, insomnia, worries are keeping you up at night. Stress.

9 of Wands: Defensiveness, taking up arms against your "enemies". Defending yourself. Anyone care to comment on the connection with glasses from this card and 2 of Pents?

9 of Cups: being offered many choices. results are beyond your expectations.

Rhiannon

Tens

10 of Pentacles: Spiritual community, belonging. Happiness with your home/place in society. Spiritual fulfillment. Love of home. Leisure time.

10 of Swords: Great pain, loss or disappointemnt. But, this suffering is neccessary for the growth of the soul (priestess). Great sacrifice that is almost spiritual in nature. Letting the pain go so that we may move forward. Lesson will be hard-learned, but all the more valueble for that.

10 of Wands: Fear of commitment. Fear of OR hiding from one's obligations. The weight is pressing down on you. Discomfort due to high expectations.

10 of Cups: Celebration. The warmth of home and family. The ideal of family life. Resolving your differences and making peace.

Rhiannon

About the apples in 6 of cups:

Quoting from Tarot Shadow Work by Christine Jette. "Apples have represented knowledge since time began. In Celtic beliefs the spirit goes to Avalon, The Land of Apples. They are symbols of the soul. Apples signify death, rebirth and wisdom."

Seed Crystal

bump

iseekserendipity

10 of Pentacles - the no pants topic

interestingly, i've been feeling yuk when seeing the no pants thing on the 10 of pents. i colored some in - shorts actually. but it is interesting to think that when one gets a lot of means, has so much material wealth they do not know what to do with it, they get pretty disconnected with what is acceptable or not. they think they can get away with anything. if you take some shocking behavior from millionaires and billionaires, some really act as if they could do anything and should get away with it. it reminds me of a man i worked for that was filthy rich. he would go to tropical island and sleep with underaged young girls. (i quit very quickly) his take was that he was so rich he could do anything he wanted. (his own words).
in this context you can see in this card a warning. "don't think the material comfort can let you get away with everything!" and in that context, it can take another meaning/keyword. hypocrisy. because one often feels that such people do get away with everything...

Seed Crystal

iseekserendipity said:
interestingly, i've been feeling yuk when seeing the no pants thing on the 10 of pents. i colored some in - shorts actually. but it is interesting to think that when one gets a lot of means, has so much material wealth they do not know what to do with it, they get pretty disconnected with what is acceptable or not. they think they can get away with anything. if you take some shocking behavior from millionaires and billionaires, some really act as if they could do anything and should get away with it. it reminds me of a man i worked for that was filthy rich. he would go to tropical island and sleep with underaged young girls. (i quit very quickly) his take was that he was so rich he could do anything he wanted. (his own words).
in this context you can see in this card a warning. "don't think the material comfort can let you get away with everything!" and in that context, it can take another meaning/keyword. hypocrisy. because one often feels that such people do get away with everything...

Another thought which comes to me regarding this card's image is the super-spiritual guru so utterly disconnected from the world that pants have become irrelevant or forgotten. Somewhat a "Emperor has no clothes" plus Hindu ascetic contrariness. This is 10th card of suit, and suit is pentacles, so I think it's a "fulfillment of material needs" card. The guy without pants is a sage not a pervert; in this deck nudity isn't (necessarily) sexual at all. In this card's scene the children and pets are comfortably safely at play (which does not disturb the sage) and the sage simply is semi-"sky-clad" (which the children notice not at all). ... We the deck viewers are shocked - but the discomfort is in us not the art.

What do you think?

iseekserendipity

Seed Crystal said:
Another thought which comes to me regarding this card's image is the super-spiritual guru so utterly disconnected from the world that pants have become irrelevant or forgotten. Somewhat a "Emperor has no clothes" plus Hindu ascetic contrariness. This is 10th card of suit, and suit is pentacles, so I think it's a "fulfillment of material needs" card. The guy without pants is a sage not a pervert; in this deck nudity isn't (necessarily) sexual at all. In this card's scene the children and pets are comfortably safely at play (which does not disturb the sage) and the sage simply is semi-"sky-clad" (which the children notice not at all). ... We the deck viewers are shocked - but the discomfort is in us not the art.

What do you think?
i like it. but i can't lie, i can't/couldn't help seeing the pervert in him in the art. i agree it's in me, but since i knew it wouldn't change overnight and since i didn't like seeing "just the shadow" of the card, i am happy i modified the card - for me that is, as i use this deck solely to read for me. but thank you, Seed Crystal. :) it lets me see it in a new light. i am looking at it from afar, but i like it when someone/thing makes me reanalyse my choices/opinions! ;)