It's All in the Cards: Tarot Reading Made Easy

lark

MeeWah just a little warning for Tarotbear.
There is a book out already called It's All in the Cards it's by Chita St. Lawrence.
It's about reading regular playing cards.
I'd hate to see Tarotbears new book and this book getting confused.
People might think there ordeing his and get the other instead.
Sorry to hear he has no control over the title.

MeeWah

Lark: Thanks for bringing up a very good point!

I have the other book & it is about reading with playing cards.

Since the title of Tarotbear's book is not exactly the same, perhaps it will be ok. Nevertheless, I shall mention this to him.

MeeWah

I realized belatedly the original title was "It's All in Their Cards". The publisher changed it.

I think a search would probably produce both books or those with similar key words. Knowing the author's name in addition to the title would prevent confusion.

Osher

I recall well how impressed I was with Tarotbear's contributions. This book will definately be one that I'd be interested in.

Emily

I'd forgotten about this book and I'd been waiting for it to come out lol - just ordered it from Amazon and should have it in around a week. :)

cjtarot

And guess what

Hi,

DID YA NOTICE...it's Tarotbear's Birthday..

CJ

tarotbear

So, what's in a name?

I, too, asked why they were giving a book a very similar title as someone else's and do you want to hear the 'official' line? According to my publisher, Sterling Publishing, which is a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble and who should know better -- the official title of my book is It's All in the Cards: Tarot Reading Made Easy so therefore it is NOT infringing on the rather common phrase 'it's all in the cards!' If anyone wants to sue - it's my publisher who gets sued.

As MeeWah has said, the title, cover art, and how the book looks are out of the author's hands. All we do is provide them with a manuscript, they provide us with an editor, and we wait to see what the end result is. I never saw the book cover until I found my book for sale online - about two weeks before my publisher got around to telling me about it! Yes- the author is actually the last person to find out anything...

According to emails with the royalty department the first week of January 2005, the first printing of the book (5312 copies) has sold 95% out in the first eight months! Someone buy those last 300 copies so they will go into a second printing! LOL!!

Fulgour

I just ordered a copy today, and I'm really looking forward to it!
What a pleasant surprise knowing that I already like the author.

tinkerbell

it's all in the cards.................

i have had a copy of this book for about 6 months now, and bought it after reading the aeclectic reviews. i must admit, it's one of my favourites. if i get "stuck" with a card, i always find something highly appropriate in this book, and it has great little paragraphs at the end of the description and meanings for specific situations, such as work, love, future etc!
it's written in a really uncomplicated way- not overly loaded with symbology etc so you can generally get to what you need without too much hassle.
ithink it makes a great addition to anyone's tarot library and highly recommend it- well done tarotbear!!
love tink xx