Tarot in Movies

earthshine

The gargoyles' song for Quasimodo in Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame has scenes were Victor, one of the gargoyles, is shuffling an ordinary pack of cards, but if you watch very closely, it's a nod to the gypsy practice of Tarot reading.

athenarebels

Wow! Tons of Tarot in My So-Called Life episode "Other Peoples Mothers." Excellent show and recommend this episode.!

I LOVED My So-Called Life. It was such a formative show for me. I remember that episode well. It might actually have had some kind of formative influence on me leading me to the Tarot.

athenarebels

I don't think anybody mentioned Twin Peaks! Honestly it was re-watching that show in preparation for the new season that made me come back to studying Tarot. The whole show is very much about the unseen forces at work.

In just one tiny part of one episode, Blackie, the Madam at One-Eyed Jacks, is reading her cards. I think it was Rider Waite. It didn't elaborate or anything, but David Lynch likes to drop esoteric stuff into his work without comment so that's pretty much to be expected.

Now that I know more about Tarot I want to go back and see what the cards are!

athenarebels

So I checked it out and it looks like in Twin Peaks, Blackie is doing a Celtic cross spread. A lot of them are too blurry to make out, but it looks like the near past is the King of Wands and a possible outcome is the King of Pentacles.

peacewing

Blackie (Twin Peaks) looks like she has a Marseille here

Attachments

• blackie.jpg
    blackie.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 227

EmpyreanKnight

In Final Destination 3, I remember seeing the RWS in the opening sequence. In any case, it's a must-watch for anyone with a cast-iron stomach. :thumbsup: