Tarot reading - that moment you know you're a little bit 'switched on'....

starburst_au

Hey All,

So, I wanted to start a thread about the moment you knew you were a little 'switched on' or aware of your intuition, that knowing feeling (whatever you may call it) when reading for others? And I wanted to share my 'switched' on story with you all....

So I was at the pub with a few friends and we were doing a few exchanges with each other and discussing how we interpreted the cards, and discussing how we had different 'feelings' about certain combinations but basically came to the same conclusion. It was an awesome learning experience...

Anyways a lady and man sat down at our table. We didn't know them at all.... Eventually the woman asked what we were doing and how she has always been interested in tarot blah blah (I actually had my lenomand deck with me) so we chatted for a little bit about the lenomand deck blah blah... anyways my friend and I offered her a reading.

We got the woman to shuffle the deck and pull a few cards for what was going on in her life at the moment. Anyways the woman pulled the cards and myself and a friend were kind of bouncing ideas off each other and reading the cards, kind of confirming each others feelings about the cards. Then we informed the woman yeah you have 2 men in your life (an affair situation) the guy you're having an affair with is married, and there have been a few problems / issues with your relationship with this other man. And you're wondering if you can have some kind of stability with this other man.

At first the woman denied having 2 men in he life and kind of nervously laughed it off. My friend pointed out the cards, and she was like, well... look at the cards.... the woman then 'confessed' to having an affair with a married man and she was in fact married herself and had been wondering if she would be able to have a stable relationship with the other man.

It was such a spooky feeling! My friend and I looked at each other and were a little shocked! As my friend rarely reads cards, but is pretty intuitive generally speaking. As for myself, I do the majority of my readings on the AT forum. I've read face to face for a very limited amount of people. So, to do a random reading for this woman and to be so accurate and knowing NOTHING about her was AMAZING! And I guess for my friend and I we we're like... yep a little bit switched on here!

Although I'm discussing Lenormand cards here, the same thing applies, when reading tarot cards.

When were you aware that you were a bit 'switched on' or had confirmation that one of you're readings was very accurate?

I'd be so interested to read other people's experiences or similar experiences about that 'switched on' feeling when reading for others :D

I'm still on a bit of a buzz!
Cheers,
SB

Grizabella

I've always "known" things so I can't really say for sure when I first felt switched on with the cards. I felt that way for a long time without using cards. But with Tarot, I guess it was when I did 200 free readings as my Christmas gift to people on a forum I belonged to back then. Foolish me to offer! :p That was in about 2004, I think, and I'd been using the cards---or probably should say had been exploring and learning cartomancy----for a few years at that time but had never read for anyone else. I was raising two small grandchildren and in the process of being diagnosed with a chronic disease, so time for using the cards was kind of skinny.

Since then, I've had the feeling pretty much all the time but I've also learned that a reader will have times when they aren't so "switched on" but that's just a feeling. Feelings are not facts. If you're able to read the cards for one person well, then you're able to read well in general, but here's what I feel like is the fact:

We're not always meant to be the messenger for a specific person or situation. You know how a teenager will listen to a friend's mom but not to you if you say the same thing? Well, it's that way with Tarot, too. If you're not meant to carry the message to them about a certain thing, then you won't be given the information when you're reading for them. And sometimes you're meant to give the message but you'll never see that person again so you won't know.

What I don't understand, though, about the situation you describe is how you got the cajones to tell this woman. who was a stranger to you, to her face and in company with a man to boot, that she was an adulterer? I tip my hat to you because I'd never have been able to do that. I'd have taken her into the rest room or aside into a quiet corner to discuss it, I think.

The co-reading is interesting. I've never done that before. My daughter and I both read, but we don't collaborate.

EyeAmEye

I have never experienced a switched on moment with divination oddly enough.

I do have moments of "connecting the dots" in my life long quest to dig through everything conspiracy, bizarre, weird, occult, religious, ect. I go very long stretches reading all types of things, just about everything I can get my hands on, from stuff I do believe to things that appear right out of the National Enquirer. Forget most of it almost as soon as I read them and jump onto something else.

Out of nowhere, I'll wake up in the middle of the night after months on end of nothing and all the little details start stitching together from various sources. Can't go back to sleep until the brain hits the end of the process and then the following day have to immediately tell someone the newest "revelation" I've had. Almost always get the response "you're nuts" :)

Sorry for the sidebar!!!

VGimlet

I have had those moments, when the reading goes from (not quite sure how to put this) a standard kind of reading, normal where I let the cards tell the story, to one where I am tuned in on exactly the right frequency or something, and getting stuff I could not possibly know. Like being plugged into a better electrical current, almost.

I got it a few weekends ago, when I was doing a bunch of readings for people, and at the time I was reading for someone I knew who is an utter skeptic (and I am okay with that - grin - because I love reading for skeptics, seriously) and it was pretty fun. He was really surprised at what I told him. :cool3:

starburst_au

I've always "known" things so I can't really say for sure when I first felt switched on with the cards. I felt that way for a long time without using cards. But with Tarot, I guess it was when I did 200 free readings as my Christmas gift to people on a forum I belonged to back then. Foolish me to offer! :p That was in about 2004, I think, and I'd been using the cards---or probably should say had been exploring and learning cartomancy----for a few years at that time but had never read for anyone else. I was raising two small grandchildren and in the process of being diagnosed with a chronic disease, so time for using the cards was kind of skinny.

** Aww bless your cotton socks, doing 200! readings! *faints* That is rather epic! But a lovely gift. I might do the same for christmas this year... but like 20 :p no, maybe 10 :p
As for always knowing, I haven't always known.... BUT I grew up with a mum who was a bit of a hippy, and always dabbled with tarot cards, runes, and crystals.... gawd she was always cleansing them under a full moon or going to the beach and washing them lol. So I guess i've always had that kinda positive energy around me... a good place to cultivate an interest so to speak lol.

Since then, I've had the feeling pretty much all the time but I've also learned that a reader will have times when they aren't so "switched on" but that's just a feeling. Feelings are not facts. If you're able to read the cards for one person well, then you're able to read well in general, but here's what I feel like is the fact:

We're not always meant to be the messenger for a specific person or situation. You know how a teenager will listen to a friend's mom but not to you if you say the same thing? Well, it's that way with Tarot, too. If you're not meant to carry the message to them about a certain thing, then you won't be given the information when you're reading for them. And sometimes you're meant to give the message but you'll never see that person again so you won't know.

*** Ahh, that's interesting. And yeah, I'm not always accurate with my readings at all... sometimes it's a bit hit and miss and I still feel a bit strange reading for close friends and family as I kinda feel I already know what's happening in their life... so most of the cards are a bit of a confirmation then a little more insight....

What I don't understand, though, about the situation you describe is how you got the cajones to tell this woman. who was a stranger to you, to her face and in company with a man to boot, that she was an adulterer? I tip my hat to you because I'd never have been able to do that. I'd have taken her into the rest room or aside into a quiet corner to discuss it, I think.

*** Oh the man she was with was her husband!! But the husband went off to get a few drinks and the pub was busy, so we had about 15 mins to tell her a few things....

The co-reading is interesting. I've never done that before. My daughter and I both read, but we don't collaborate.

Nor have I.... But I think my friend and I were bouncing ideas / energies off each other... so it just worked at that moment and she was totally open to be read...

Thanks for sharing!
Cheers,
SB

starburst_au

I have had those moments, when the reading goes from (not quite sure how to put this) a standard kind of reading, normal where I let the cards tell the story, to one where I am tuned in on exactly the right frequency or something, and getting stuff I could not possibly know. Like being plugged into a better electrical current, almost.

I got it a few weekends ago, when I was doing a bunch of readings for people, and at the time I was reading for someone I knew who is an utter skeptic (and I am okay with that - grin - because I love reading for skeptics, seriously) and it was pretty fun. He was really surprised at what I told him. :cool3:

It's an amazing feeling! As a newbie tarot reader, It was quite a buzzed feeling to have. It just felt like stuff was unlocking for me. I love moments like that. Or you'll be reading some cards and you'll pick up on something completely random and go with it and it really resonates with the sitter. I'm still learning and I think i'll be still learning what the cards have to say for me and other people for the rest of my life... and that also feels exciting :D

Thanks for sharing :D

starburst_au

I have never experienced a switched on moment with divination oddly enough.

I do have moments of "connecting the dots" in my life long quest to dig through everything conspiracy, bizarre, weird, occult, religious, ect. I go very long stretches reading all types of things, just about everything I can get my hands on, from stuff I do believe to things that appear right out of the National Enquirer. Forget most of it almost as soon as I read them and jump onto something else.

Out of nowhere, I'll wake up in the middle of the night after months on end of nothing and all the little details start stitching together from various sources. Can't go back to sleep until the brain hits the end of the process and then the following day have to immediately tell someone the newest "revelation" I've had. Almost always get the response "you're nuts" :)

Sorry for the sidebar!!!

Ah the connecting of dots! I totally get what you're saying. LOL i'm having a few moments of clarity at the moment and im like wow.... 'stuff' is out there if you need answers.

I feel like a lot of 'insights' are happening for me at the moment, as I let go of old stuff in my life and make room for new stuff kinda feel. It's so interesting how 'stuff' like that works...

Thanks for sharing.

cheshrkat

It's happened to me too on a number of occasions.
A reading starts out like every other one, then suddenly (like you said) it feels like you were suddenly plugged in and the fog clears! I usually get "normal" readings...basic information, a few choices that the client should make, etc but every now and then I get a strong one.
I do believe that there is a "universal consciousness" that people can tap into if they try and focus. Sometime, it just happens though. I think this is what happens when you get that charge of energy and your mind just opens up!
I remember a specific reading I did years ago for a very nice lady. Married, kids, blah blah blah. The reading suddenly clicked and I "saw" past events as well as various outcomes they would have reached. She began to get a bit panicky, but kept pressing and asking more specific questions. I won't directly lie to a client, even though I don't charge anything for readings, but I tried pretty hard to word everything in a positive way.
She saw right through me and freaked out realizing that I knew so many things that she had gone through (she married the wrong guy). I was very apologetic and more than a bit embarrassed, but she bolted fast. I still feel bad about it.
Those really hardcore readings are rare but I can usually glean some good insight from the cards if the client is honest with me