Very depressing reading done - need help

LilySage

I've certainly been in a similar position and I hope you'll forgive me for making it sound so simple. I know it isn't. The reason I said what I did about not being a victim and moving on is that I never knew I didn't have to be one myself for a long time. In fact, I didn't even know I was acting like a victim instead of a victor for most of my life. I mean to encourage you and not make you feel as if I don't understand.

I didn't hold it up against you. Not at all. I am right there with you, never knowing this all my life. Thanks :):love: Its actually good to be reminded of this over and over. So any more reminders of that are actually welcomed. It all sips through somehow. Drop by drop... :)

If you'd like to try having a reading from someone you can trust to be legitimate and quite good, go to the Reading Exchange forum and do an exchange with someone. There are exchanges where the reader wants feedback instead of a reading in return if you aren't comfortable reading for someone else yet. The readers here are very sincere and do their best to give really good readings, with encouragement instead of discouragement.

Yes, I will probably do that at some point. One of the nice people from here already PMd me and offered a clarification reading. Though I think I will be cautious and careful with doing any further readings any time soon, till I am in a less of a vulnerable state.

ravenest

Isn't this encouraging the "going to another reader till you find one that tells you what you want to hear", though? If you don't like the reading you get, then going to another reader hoping for something better is a waste, in my opinion. After all, life is full of ups and downs. We never get to a nice comfortable spot and then live happily ever after forever and ever.

No, I am not meaning to encourage that. I didnt think I was suggesting that either. And I certainly didnt say anyone should be "going to another reader till you find one that tells you what you want to hear", The people above who offered readings, I believe were not offering that either. The reasons for doing it I outlined in my previous post.

cheshrkat

Unfortunately, I've given quite a few negative readings for clients in my time.
Now, I won't lie to a client or treat the reading as anything less than it is. I would like to be part of a solution and not a problem. Remember that each card has various meanings depending on where it falls as well as the various meanings of the cards themselves.
Also, one thing that I've learned is that TIME means so much in a reading. The future could mean next year, tomorrow, 12 minutes from now or 40 years from now. Also, I discovered that the just because you are asking about something specific, the cards might not give you a specific answer because there are too many variables involved.
If you ask about getting that dream job that you want so bad and the cards basically tell you "NO". What does that mean? Think about it! Maybe you'll get a transitional job instead and THEN move onto that job months/years from now.
Too often, we get stuck on a single answer when there might actually be several possibilities we just don't see. Plus, now that the client has some insight into their future, they might be able to actually change it! That's where time comes into play.
Please remember that talking honestly to your client (or in your case, the reader) is vital/ Ask questions, look for similar alternatives. NOT different answers, just similar answers. See if the cards can be or should be interpreted over months or years. A reading is never cut and dry.

Good things to you and yours
Namaste
Merritt

LilySage

Great comment!
Thank you
It makes sense
Also, one thing that I've learned is that TIME means so much in a reading. The future could mean next year, tomorrow, 12 minutes from now or 40 years from now.

I didn't know about this. It could really be something that is a short cycle but of something meaningful. Something that is important to know about and live through but not a several years long thing. I mean... I am just thinking aloud here...

Also, I discovered that the just because you are asking about something specific, the cards might not give you a specific answer because there are too many variables involved.

Also is true. Good point.

Too often, we get stuck on a single answer when there might actually be several possibilities we just don't see. Plus, now that the client has some insight into their future, they might be able to actually change it! That's where time comes into play.

It really is tricky, isn't it? Especially with the "insight into the future" coming into play.

LaRazia

Hi Lily.

Please dont get discouraged. Have you thought about a second opinion?
Regardless of how experienced this person was dont take a single persons read as a gospel one so I would suggest finding someone else, and tell them your question and the reading you were given and how you would like them to clarify and throw their own cards.

On a side note, one of the things I hate in tarot, are the doomsayer readers. Even if I did see something bad in the cards I'd always try to sound reasonable and find a positive in the negative reading.

kimtsan

I believe the nature of a tarot reading is to empower the querent...but it seems like the reading you received did the exact opposite for you. Ten of Swords can be a scary card, but know that nothing in this universe is permanent and everything changes. Instead of shadowing your future, maybe it's reflecting on the stress and depression that you've gone through and are now coming to an end. It is only final if you keep it that way. Three of Swords Reversed, on the other hand, can carry a positive message, too! If you look at the traditional Wider-Waite deck, the swords that are penetrating the heart start to fall down so the heart can begin to heal.

Sometimes there will be things that disagree on or resist when we are given a tarot reading, but it should never ever ever disempower you!! :( Your tarot reading might have just had a bad day or something. Because the future is never set in stone. The future is ever-evolving depending on your current state of mind as well as the energies you are projecting forward. It's about what you do in the Now that makes a difference. This is why I rarely read for the future when I offer readings because I believe in the power of the Now, and we should be focused on what we can do NOW to empower ourselves to CREATE a better, positive future for ourselves. The future is created, by you!!!!!

On the other hand, the reading might be something like a wake-up call. I think it's great that you are doing inner-work and going through a process of healing, but maybe the dark reading showed up for a reason. Maybe deep down inside you are still afraid, and your hopeful feelings may be your mind's attempt to distract you from that fear. Maybe you haven't gotten to the root of the problem. The fact that you're so shaken by the reading may be pointing to a vulnerability that you need to look into. Maybe you haven't gone in deep enough to cleanse your inner core.

If you're looking for an empowering reading that will really help launch you on a journey of healing, I strongly, wholeheartedly recommend Kelly-Ann, the owner of The Four Queens. I've purchased readings from her in the past and her readings are in-depth, encouraging and loving. And she gives you lots of guidance on how to move forward, which is the most precious part of her readings. I was able to face my inner love/relationships demons and self-esteem problems, and really HEAL from my past because of her readings. Really I can't recommend her enough. You should really look into her tarot shop if you're looking for something positive and constructive.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TheFourQueens?ref=search_shop_redirect

xoxo
Kim

headincloud

I'm appalled a professional reader has left such a negative impact because in my book that's the biggest mistake of all. Of course there's room for error whilst we're learning but it doesn't sound like the reader has even grasped the basics of integrity. What would be the point of predicting that for someone even if that was the case? I would seriously doubt the readers experience and opinion.

I'm just learning but would happily read for you if you wish, sounds like you've been to hell and back bless you

Water Lady

I am also sorry for your difficult reading, maybe the reader was just tired....

if you have had a difficult life, it is easy to wanted nothing more then someone to tell you what to do to 'fix' it. I sure know that feeling.
I have learned that when I release the power of my life to others, they sure mess it up. So...I don't do that any more. my life is mine, all the good and the bad, but being an optimist, I focus on the good and try to fix the bad.

it sound like you are on that road and it is the best road. start each day with a positive affirmation and believe in yourself.
use tarot to awake your intuition and guide you, use your head to better your life.

wishing you the best.

LilySage

I have learned that when I release the power of my life to others, they sure mess it up.

Yes to that!

Thank you all, again, for replying. It was very helpful to me. Thank you for your wise words. I sure did learn a lot!

PAMUYA

Thank you for posting your experience, and all the wonderful posts that followed. You never hand your keys to happiness to someone else, you are the driver of your happiness, not a reading, money, or another person, happiness is already inside of you. Do not have another reading to try to get a reading you are looking for. These reading do not predict the future, they give you insites from different angles, a heads up, where you can be heading. Everyone suffers at times in their lives, but suffering is a choice, feeling pain is not, but suffering can be managed. Take this reading, study it, what was so depressing? Was it change, loss? Fear is our worsed enemy, it causes us to imagine things that has not yet happened, and we suffer from it. Remember a "good" reading is only good because you are attached to that unknown outcome, a false happiness. Be happy for what today is, just keep an eye open for any flags that this reading gave you...you are no longer walking blind. Don't be fearful, be curious.